Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 7:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't Check Into Hotel Rooms
This is my very first time sending sims on vacation (in 2020, I know), and the family just got to their hotel, I looked up how to check them in, and it seems fairly straightforward--click on the door, reserve the room, then click on the checkin desk and check in. Only, there's no option to click on the door. The door says "no actions available" when I mouse over it. Why is this and how do I fix it?

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 9:54 PM
Is it an EA hotel or a custom hotel? Does it have hotel doors?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 2:49 AM
It's an EA hotel, freshly generated vacation hood, with hotel doors.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 9:00 AM
Did the hotel receptionist spawn okay? And is the active sim an adult/ elder?
If so then the only other things I can think of would be mod/cc conflict.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 1:21 PM
The receptionist is there and the active sim's an adult. Are there any mods known to cause this problem?

Forum Resident
#6 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 2:53 PM
Okay, so I looked this up online and found someone with the same issue from over a decade ago here. Yahoo, I know, but I found something that you could consider.
Quote: Originally posted by Anonymous
Check your downloads folder for a file titled, "buybuildenabler.package" and delete it. If that does not solve the problem or you don't have that download, disable custom content to see if it's indeed a file that's disrupting your enjoyment of the game.

Do you have the mod mentioned here?

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 3:00 PM
No idea, easiest thing to do is to backup everything and test with downloads folder removed.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Okay, so I looked this up online and found someone with the same issue from over a decade ago here. Yahoo, I know, but I found something that you could consider.

Do you have the mod mentioned here?

The problem with cathair2005's buybuildenabler is that the BV-compatible version is linked in a post halfway down the comments thread for the Pets version (several posts in the comments thread also mention this issue of not being able to check into hotels with the Pets version of the mod). I have the BV-compatible version of this mod running in a game with all disk EPs and it causes no problems for me.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 5:49 PM
I also have the BV version of the buildbuy enabler installed in my game and it's been in there for years.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The problem with cathair2005's buybuildenabler is that the BV-compatible version is linked in a post halfway down the comments thread for the Pets version (several posts in the comments thread also mention this issue of not being able to check into hotels with the Pets version of the mod). I have the BV-compatible version of this mod running in a game with all disk EPs and it causes no problems for me.

Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I also have the BV version of the buildbuy enabler installed in my game and it's been in there for years.
Okay, so that's something to knock off the potential cause list.

Still, the cause could be a mod (maybe), so the best bet could be, as others have mentioned, check if the hotels work after removing the downloads folder temporarily. I'd suggest making a test hood for this purpose and don't remove any mods that aren't safe to remove once added (such as NPC mods), though I bet everyone knows this anyway.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 10:07 PM
The buybuild enabler might be it, I believe I have that. Will it cause problems to close the game in order to take the other one out and get the correct version? Considering that the last save was the autosave when they left the home lot?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 10:32 PM
You want the updated Build&Buy Enabler, it gives no issues, used it for years. I think it is post #48 in that thread or near about.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 10:48 PM
....will it cause problems to close the game at the point they are now or not, the game's been open for three days, I need to know.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 11:19 PM
No, the autosave should either put them in the hotel ready for you to choose a room, or else dump you to the vacation hood screen to choose the hotel.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 7:06 PM
Updating the mod worked, thanks everyone!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 10:46 PM
Well done! Clever people in this thread!