Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1599
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 1162 times.
Search this Thread
Old 27th Jul 2020, 3:32 PM DefaultApartment Error I cannot resolve #1
gould98
Original Poster

Test Subject

I have spent days building this apartment but every time I entered the lot zoning cheat, it says I need to change lot architecture. I cannot see anything wrong looking at any guidelines I can find, and I've never had this issue before when building apartments. I am definitely using the right doors and there are no passages I can see between apartments. I did have balconies for most apartments, but I removed all access to them in a desperate attempt to make it work, though there was only access to them through select apartments. I am at a loss as what to do.

I don't know if there is anywhere I can upload the package for people to look at, so if that is an option please let me know! I've never posted in any forums before.
Old 27th Jul 2020, 8:09 PM #2
HugeLunatic
Dancing Flamingo

73 Achievements

Please attach some floorplan images, with walls up, so that we can see what's up.
Old 29th Jul 2020, 12:22 AM #3
daman19942
Field Researcher

15 Achievements

View My Journal

Likely some sort of access issue. Seconding the request for floorplan images to investigate
Old 6th Dec 2020, 3:29 PM #4
Ladysimplayer8
Lab Assistant

11 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gould98
I have spent days building this apartment but every time I entered the lot zoning cheat, it says I need to change lot architecture. I cannot see anything wrong looking at any guidelines I can find, and I've never had this issue before when building apartments. I am definitely using the right doors and there are no passages I can see between apartments. I did have balconies for most apartments, but I removed all access to them in a desperate attempt to make it work, though there was only access to them through select apartments. I am at a loss as what to do.

I don't know if there is anywhere I can upload the package for people to look at, so if that is an option please let me know! I've never posted in any forums before.

I have just discovered the same issue and it has never happened to me previously.
On occasion perhaps one of the apartments was not fully enclosed but I was able to fix; but this is different as not any of them are registering to be rented.

There is no custom content except for two wallpapers I created using Homecrafter plus.
I also generated a new EA Game folder as this was to be my first attempt at uploading a lot to MTS to avoid any corruption of files.
I started building this last week so has never been occupied (never got that far to be able to ). I changed the roof and gave each town house a separate roof; I moved stairs as two of the stairs were sharing a wall.
I have attached the ground floor plan: -

Is it because I am not using spiral stairs?
Any help would be most welcome.
Thank you in advance!
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Apartments - none for nil rent.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  357.1 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Apartment error.jpg
Size:  362.4 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Apartment - ground floor.jpg
Size:  338.6 KB  
Old 6th Dec 2020, 8:15 PM #5
HugeLunatic
Dancing Flamingo

73 Achievements

Those stairs work fine, it's stages that cause issues.* Did you use the invisible fence in back to enclose the back yard?* You cannot just have a backyard when on a foundation without tricking the game into thinking it's enclosed.
Old 7th Dec 2020, 8:41 AM #6
Ladysimplayer8
Lab Assistant

11 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
Those stairs work fine, it's stages that cause issues.* Did you use the invisible fence in back to enclose the back yard?* You cannot just have a backyard when on a foundation without tricking the game into thinking it's enclosed.

Hello HugeLunatic,
Thank you for your reply.
I have replaced the wooden fence with the invisible fence...but still the same error message.
All fences have been enclosed - at first I had used a black fence (modern unsure of name) then opted for this wooden fence as used in apartment lots built by Maxis.
How do I trick it?
I could opt to make to make the backyards a decking area as an alternative.

Ladysimplayer8
Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 7th Dec 2020 at 9:17 AM.
Old 7th Dec 2020, 10:25 AM #7
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

33 Achievements

View My Journal

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 7th Dec 2020, 10:46 AM #8
simsample
-.-- -.-- --..

19 Achievements

View My Journal

I can't see the images in that thread Jo- is it just me? Here's an image from the Wiki that might help.

Niol's invisible fence is good for this also, it is meshless.
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=219292
Old 7th Dec 2020, 10:09 PM #9
Ladysimplayer8
Lab Assistant

11 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
I can't see the images in that thread Jo- is it just me? Here's an image from the Wiki that might help.

Niol's invisible fence is good for this also, it is meshless.
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=219292

Thank you for this and the simple guidance of how to achieve it.
Earlier today I tried just making a decking area and surprisingly when I change the lot from residential to apartment base it worked and I have apartments to let (albeit $4000 per week!)
Now I know what the building issue is, I am currently changing the apartments back to the way I had them originally before changing roofs, some stairs etc.
With this new info guidance, I will also be having my small back garden - just the way I wanted it to be.

Section jump: