Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 4:32 PM
Default Site Suggestions Thread - Journals
Hi All,

I've been meaning to revamp the journals for a while now, since I think that it doesn't fit right into the site and looks a little cluttered.

What I'll be doing is the following:
- Cleaning up the journal home page
- Allowing guests to view public journal entries
- ???

What I would like to hear is any suggestions you have that are specific to the journal system, both as a whole and specifically on your profile. What would you like to see added? Any suggestions welcome.

Please keep all discussion on the topic of journals - this is not a normal site suggestions thread and all non-journal suggestions will be deleted. If you want to suggest things other than journals, please see https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=307091.

Regard,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
5 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 6:12 PM
- Journal Cuts for our profiles ((think LiveJournal ))

- Editing of posts etc.

- Integrated Journal to Profile? Kinda like on the Downloads, But you could have like a Tab; and a Link to "View Journal separate"? ((Taking profile Themes etc.))

- attaching Files to Journal Entries?

- *add more here*

Thats all I can think of

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 8:56 PM
I assume by editing of posts you mean editing of comments since you can already edit journal entries themselves.

Theorist
#4 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 9:30 PM
yes, that is what I meant, sorry about that

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 8:22 AM
I'd like some way to tell when my journal has been commented on. It doesn't happen a lot, but as far as I can tell the only way to check is to actually go to my journal and look at the reply counts?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 10:34 AM
There is a link in your journal page called "View all comments" which shows you all the comments (most recent first) but a seperate or easier way to see this would be handy for me too.

Banned
#7 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 1:03 PM
being able to customize colors for the journals would be good, even if it's Mint Tea e.c.t.
Not actually evil.
#8 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
I'd like some way to tell when my journal has been commented on. It doesn't happen a lot, but as far as I can tell the only way to check is to actually go to my journal and look at the reply counts?
I go to my profile page and see if my journal comment count incremented. Would be nice if there were a pop-up, like the one you get when you have new PMs.

I second Petchy's suggestion of being able to edit comments, it's something I've wanted to do on more than one occasion. Especially when I post in other people's journals and then realize I can't spell.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#9 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 3:34 AM
Hmmm... I like the idea of the journal having its own tab.

I use the journal comments box in the My MTS2 page to see if there are any comments (on my downloads too) I have that bookmarked as the link I use to get to MTS2.

I'd love for my journal to use the same colors as my profile page.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 12:40 PM
I had the idea...we need more moods for journal entries. you know, like mad, ecstatic, sad, content...like those. Luff and confuzzed just don't cover it all.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:59 AM
Ok. I'm trying to post a new thread in this Site Suggestions forum but it keeps locking me out.

My suggestion -- I noticed we have some initial Barbie doll inspired projects. There's a recent article I came across on Yahoo! that spoke of a designer actually making and incorporating Barbie inspired furniture into a real "Barbie Dream House".

Can we do an Barbie-inspired furniture, fashion 'pad'? You'll see some pictures (the furniture is sooo cute, like the Barbie print chair that the designer is sitting in, the mirror that is covered with 1950's Barbie dolls, and the round orange cushioned seating and white leather wrap around fun sofa. LOVE it! How about it?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090306...bie_dream_house
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 2:04 PM
This isn't a suggestion regarding the site (let alone journals) - the staff don't make the uploads, the creators do. So, if you have an idea of a download you'd like to see, go for the Create section and knock yourself out.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.