Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 8:20 AM Last edited by hannahdent : 9th Jul 2013 at 8:37 AM.
Almost brand new laptop from mid-2012 having issues with TS2
http://imgur.com/a/t9Yqm

The link above provides a screencap of the graphics card info as displayed by the Intel program that was updated with the most recent driver update (as in, I already updated my drivers)

I also uninstalled M&G stuff pack but alas, no cigar, still, which kinda sucks since I can run WoW in low-med settings just good and with some FPS drops in slightly higher graphics settings, but I'm applying logic to a very new Mists of Pandaria EP and the very last add on to the TS2 series happened before Win7 even existed.

I also tried running it in Vista compatability as accessed by going to Properties on the thing that starts up your game. Still nothing worked. :'(

Should I uninstall ALL stuff packs? Use some sort of psuedo emulator to run the game on my PC?

I already knew installing all EP's/SP's to my laptop no matter how new it was was a crazy idea sigh But what can I say, i'm a risk taker.

EDIT: Forgot to add I also tried disabling shaders (seems like they were already turned off tho, since the option was greyed out), bump maps, and every setting on the graphics tab of the game set to lowest.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 8:26 AM
Default IMGUR pictures reuploaded here!
So you dont need to click on a link.
Screenshots
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 8:42 AM
Did you turn off shadows?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:15 AM
That would be your intel graphics. Basically intel = rubbish. Try turning off shadows and reflections.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:36 AM
Thanks. I'll try that and come back with updates in maybe ten minutes. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 12:50 PM
Hey all. I'm going to move my downloads full of CC and other things to the desktop computer (roughly 5 GB since I overestimated my li'l integrated chipset of poo-poo), install all the EP/SP's all over again etc. all that. I didn't want to do that before since it's a hassle because the desktop is located in my parents' room but, I'd rather be able to play my other games that are more compatible graphically wise and not break my laptop.

Thank you all. :D

Take care. Y'all mods can consider this thread "closed". :D
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 5:31 PM
It's gonna get closed and locked even if you don't solve it, because...
Quote:
What this forum is for:
In this forum you can discuss most things related to computers. New software or computer hardware you want to talk about? Need help building/buying a computer, or maybe just upgrading your old one? Computer you have isn't working properly? You've come to the right place!

No Sims Tech Help!
  • Any threads posted here asking for The Sims 2 or The Sims 3 help will be closed!