Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#126 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:56 PM
Nevermind,i got it fixed it was the drivers,thanks anyway.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#127 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 12:31 AM
OK,another newbie totally random question:
What''s overclocking,i've heard it a lot and i 'm just wondering what it is.
Also,is it safe to get computer parts off ebay,because i found some ram on there and the seller looks really good and it looks ok.
shiny!
retired moderator
#128 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 12:46 AM
I recommend you do a google search for your questions. There is already a very large amount of information on the net regarding overclocking.

I'm sure your common sense tells you as much about ebay as mine does. There is no straight forward answer as to whether or not you will get a good deal or burned on ebay. You will have to decide whether or not you are willing to trust and take the risk or not.
Instructor
Original Poster
#129 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 12:59 AM
Hmm, thanks for your answer.
Instructor
Original Poster
#130 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 12:24 AM
I'm only looking on ebay because i want to get my parts in as soon as possible,i know that soon my graphics card might blow my motherboard and i want to avoid that.
Anyway i saw this ram and i was wondering if it matters what PC it is,because i saw different numbers like PC2-6400 and stuff like that.
shiny!
retired moderator
#131 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 12:46 AM
Yes. I explained back on the second page what kind of ram you need.
Instructor
Original Poster
#132 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 12:49 AM
Thought as much,thanks for answering.
Also,i was looking around in threads and i was wondering when i do buy my graphics card,which is better a Nvidia or a Radeon?. I'm asking because i have seen so many threads where their Nvidia cards should not be failing because they're pretty good cards and their specs are great as well. I'm also wary of the blue screen issue and why it's not associated with Radeon cards?

Also was looking at this one,what do you think?
shiny!
retired moderator
#133 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 12:58 AM
Nvidia VS. AMD/ATI a debate that will have every other person coming up with a different answer. They both make some good cards and some cards not worth messing with for gaming purposes. Personally I am a Nvidia fan. I think I talked about some good cards back on page 5...

I would not go with off brand ram. Stick to trusted name brands like Crucial, Corsair, Kingston, Gskill, etc. Also be aware that buying ram on ebay will void any warranty possible warranty.
Instructor
Original Poster
#134 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 1:03 AM
Eh,after reading i think i'm just going to scratch the Ebay idea.I'm going with the brands themselves since it seems a lot safer.
Instructor
Original Poster
#135 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 11:08 PM
Ok, so my mum agreed to help pay for the upgrades which is a very welcome development, so anyway i was looking at some stuff today and wanted to get your opinion.

Graphics Card: Found a tigerdirect in canada: Here OR
Here Or Here

Power Supply: Here OR
Here

Ram: Here or
Here

(( I'm getting these stuff first as i don't want to overwhelm her and i think i can persuade my dad into chipping in a little.))
shiny!
retired moderator
#136 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 11:41 PM
Go with the first one which says gddr3.

Don't recommend going with a budget psu. It's not a place you really want to skimp. That said there are worse psus.

Either ram should be ok.
Instructor
Original Poster
#137 Old 1st May 2008 at 1:04 AM
So,i should look around for a better psu?. Also the one you linked to on page 2, do they ship to canada?

Page 6 of 6