Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 10:53 PM
Default CPU ghz for bon voyage?
hey everyone. I was just wondering if the sims 2 bon voyage will run okay on with my cpu? Because I have a Core 2 Duo with 2.13ghz and i have read in PCpowerplay (australian mag) that the reccomended speed is 3ghz. But confusingly i read in the issue before it that these days cpu speed doesnt really matter?

Can my system still run it pretty fast though? Heres my other specs:

Geforce 8500 GT 512mb
2GB DDR2 RAM

(sorry thats the only specs i know about!! Im pc illiterate!!)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 9:47 AM
When did you read the magazine?

Second, the frequency of the CPU does matter to some degree, but I think your CPU should performance well enough to handle the game.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
shiny!
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 2:21 PM
Ts2 is more cpu heavy than gpu heavy, but your specs should be fine. I've always heard that as long as your dual core is 2.0 or greater you're fine.. I've seen people play on quite a deal less.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 9:42 PM
Your CPU will be fine. The Game will certainly run, although it is a system hog and will most likely slower than your original game.

As to PC Powerplay,

'Bon Voyage will bring your system to it's knees' Issue #145

'Will Crysis bring your system to its knees? Lets not think of it like that. Think of it as a solid workout.' Issue #146