Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 12:48 AM
problems installing msn *details*
I bought a dell pc from a friend. It works great but I am having a terrible time getting MSN installed on it. I called MSN and spent an hour and a half on the phone and still could not get it installed. Im at my wits and anyone have any suggestions??????

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 12:57 AM
Erm, well, some details would be helpful. What, exactly, is it doing or not doing, and if you are getting any error messages, what is the exact text? 'Problems installing' is pretty vague.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 12:23 AM
oh duh.... lol

When i click on the MSN installer, I can either choose, "I am currently connected to the internet" or I am not currently connected to the internet". I click one it goes to another page then after a few sec. I get this pop up, "We are unable to connect to the sign up service and cannot continue. Either the sign up servers are temp. unavailable or you were disconnected from the internet."

I am mega computer stupid, so go slow....... :confused:

Theorist
#4 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 1:42 AM
So, are you actually connected? Did you choose "I'm currently connected"?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:17 AM
No im not connected. I have chosen both and I always get that error pop up

BTW: Im using my old pc....

Forum Resident
#6 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 9:09 AM
1. What is the OS?

2. What version of your MSN Messager is?

3. Are you able to login to MSN using other ways - 3rd party software or web messenger?

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
#7 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 12:06 PM
I dont remember those questions being asked for me when I was actually installing any version of MSN.

1) Download the most recent version- or get another[probably best to go for windows live messenger which isnt technically msn but really is >.> :P]

2) Are you actually having proble,s running the .exe file or downloading it or what not o.O it just doesnt sound like a question the installer asks, normally its just location of the files and country.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 1:48 AM
3rd party software?? I can do that???

shiny!
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 3:35 AM
You can run yahoo, aim, and msn messagers off this: http://www.download.com/Trillian/30....html?tag=lst-1

If you want MSN messenger, make sure you're downloading from here: http://get.live.com/messenger/overview
MSN has never asked me if I was connected to the net when I went to install..so I'm not sure which version you are attempting to put on your computer.