Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 4:00 AM
I don't know what type of file my download is...
I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, I looked for a place to post my questions on MTS2 and it always led me here, so here I am. If it doesn't, please tell me where I can post this, instead of just deleting it and ignoring me. I'm a comlete newbie when it comes to installing things, so please bear with me...

This is getting WAY too complicated for me. All I wanted was a mailbox to replace the one I deleted accidentally and I've been going in circles for half a day. Here's a long story short(Why the heck are we not allowed to type site adresses!? that just makes explaining things longer and harder for no reason at all!):

1) I tried to download a mailbox file for Sims2 by windkeeper on MTS2.

2) I only downloaded the third file on that page. I put it in my downloads folder in my documents.

3) I tried to install it and it said windows didn't recognise the file, so I clicked the "Use the web service to find the appropriate program" option.

4) It led me to a page that said it still didn't know the file, and there were no more options left for me there.

5) I looked back in the wiki guide for installing sims stuff (the fourth page specifically) and followed the instructions. all my documents said about it was that it was a "compressed (zipped) folder", and it didn't mention any specific type beyond that.

What do I do now? ;_;
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 4:13 AM
Downloading Help on MTS2

Just keep clicking on the next page until it get to where you are stuck (seems like page 4 and 5 is what you need).

You need 5 posts to put a link. Its a way to stop some of the spambots.

Edited to add: This site has the mailbox for residential lots which I have used. Download the Lot Setup Collection if you don't have BV or you can download the Buyables for BV if you do have BV.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 4:51 AM
Thanks for passing them on to the correct site Scout.

I'm locking this thread now.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)