Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 9:47 PM
Default Messed up arm after mirror fail - Help?
Hello,

so, I tried to make a top, having barely any knowledge of meshes. I wanted to mirror it, and... now my sims' right arm is freaking out. I know I did something wrong in the way I mirrored it, but what? I tried fixing it by deleting both arms and adding the mesh to another "arms on" mesh, but that just made it worse.

This is the monstrosity I created

I have added everything I used in the zip below (texture, meshes, packages etc). The "complete" mesh is "Top2L0Copy.blend1" and "Top2.package".
If anyone could help me that would be great. I'm really lost.
Thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Top.zip (16.33 MB, 4 downloads)
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 4:46 PM
This should be posted in CAS Parts, not Objects.

When you mirrored the arm the bones needed to be mirrored as well. In general you should clone the 'bare skin' parts of a mesh from an EA model and not modify them.

I used CAS Tools to fix your mesh: Clone Package Editor / Mesh Fixing Tools / Auto Assign Bone Weights button, commit and save.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Top2fixed.zip (250.9 KB, 6 downloads)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
This should be posted in CAS Parts, not Objects.

I didn't see that forum when I posted, but I'll remember that for next time!

Quote:
I used CAS Tools to fix your mesh: Clone Package Editor / Mesh Fixing Tools / Auto Assign Bone Weights button, commit and save

Thank you so much! I didn't know of this tool, I downloaded it now so I hope I can fix my things myself from now.
Thanks again!