Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:39 PM
Default A new list or something?
I've been having trouble with my laptop slipping. Before I go and get a new one I'm going to try a few things first. Is there a new and up to date list for graphics cards $75-$100? I checked the sticky but no luck. I know I have other things to consider with getting a graphics card. Right now I have a Geoforce GO 7600 and Duo Core processor 1.75 ghz. and 1 gig of ram. I know it's not the best system T-T The graphics card used to to be grand but not so much anymore. The card is for the Sims 2. Help?
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 1:14 AM
Slipping? You mean.. running less and less well? Have you tried going to Nvidia.com and updating your drivers? The 7600 is still a great card and should play TS2 well.

You can't just upgrade your laptop's graphics the way you can a desktop's anyway.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 1:19 AM
Actually GO cards have major problems with TS2 and a lot of other 3D games. They are not supported and if you want to play TS2 with a GO card, you should probably try the Stories series games instead. GO cards are supported for them.

If it's a laptop it's probably not upgradeable, and certainly nothing better for that price.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 2:15 AM
^ I read that on the Wiki. I was surprised though. I've never had a problem with it, well till now. What kind of problems does it cause? I've had it for around a year and this is the first graphics issue I've had.

Yes, my computer has become like a senile old man T-T I want a new one but at this time it's impossible. I think this is my last laptop, for gaming anyway.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EternalxLove26
What kind of problems does it cause?

Crashes, freezes, weird graphics issues, and other assorted often intermittent, unpredictable, and usually unresolvable strangeness. It often doesn't start happening immediately so people think it's okay, but pretty much everyone I've heard of with a GO card has had issues at some point directly related to it being a GO card, and unfortunately those issues usually can't be fixed once they do come up.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 6:58 PM
Thank you for the information! It was very useful.