Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 6:15 PM
Default Getting a new computer.. What do you guys think of this one
Hey! I am getting a new computer, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think of the one i am going to post.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...012&catid=10607

Is this good enough for the sims or will he graphics be poor..
I posted a thread at the sims resource aswell, but i just want some more opinions.

Thanks!
Advertisement
#2 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 11:42 AM
That is actually a fairly good system for that price. I am not familiar with that card though even if you had to upgrade price wise you are doing pretty nice you can upgrade the card for like 140.00 to the NVIDIA 8600 GT with 256 memory on it and it would be great. Personally I refuse to buy a manufactured system and will not use Vista anytime soon. But if not for my dislike of the manufactured ones and that OS I would buy that one myself
shiny!
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 9:56 PM
2400 isn't a very good card for gaming in the least. It's a low budget/low-end non-gamer's option. Even the 8400 GT beats it.. which is yet again a low-end non gaming alternative. Yeah, upgrading to a 8600 GT would be a HUGE HUGE improvement. Prob too much if the only game you play is TS2.. if one could ever have too much Even a 7600 GS or GT would be a big improvement over that card.

Otherwise, specs look good.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 8:08 PM
It is a nice computer. The GPU will play TS2, but you really should upgrade it to the best you can afford. Another gig of RAM would be cheap and easy to install, with a performance boost.
shiny!
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:16 AM
Are you kidding me? It has 3GB of ram.. You can't even make use of any more unless a computer has a 64-bit operating system and even then TS2 won't even come CLOSE to using it. Sorry but ignore the ram comment. 3GB is plenty.
#6 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:26 AM
I have 3GB's of ram on my new computer and have come nowhere close to using it all. Of course Vista hogs a little of it but I only use the new computer for the Sims 2. I also would not recommend more ram.