Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Base Game T.O.O.Led Save File 2.0 (Updated October 2020)

by CommodoreLezmo Posted 16th Aug 2020 at 12:36 PM - Updated 19th Dec 2020 at 2:59 PM by CommodoreLezmo : Updated text.

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 2:55 AM
This looks great. I hope you plan to do other neighborhoods in the future.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 3:10 AM
Thank you so much. I do hope to. Either Oasis Springs or Newcrest next! Ekk! ????
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 6:58 AM
definitely newcrest will be great to have customized! thank you for this! great idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 1:35 PM
Wow, this is great!! I bet that was plenty of work, it looks so awesome!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 2:34 PM
Aw thank you, I'm so happy people are enjoying it! It took a fair amount of time but I love the Sims so much it was a lot of fun. Thanks for the feedback :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 1:16 AM
Dear CommodoreLezmo, I just wanted to give you a heads up about something: I see that you've moved harvestable plants into the neighborhood zone with the TOOL mod. That's NOT a good idea. In my experience, while the plants themselves seem to be doing fine, any harvestable harvested by a sim may become corrupt in that sim's inventory, meaning that they cannot be selected, eaten and/or sold (clearing an affected sim's inventory by using MC Cleaner from MCCC can fix that). I would highly recommend removing all harvestable plants from all neighborhood zones as they may also cause serious load errors with future game updates. Trust me, as someone who has already finished TOOLing every neighborhood in all my worlds with literally hundreds of objects each, I've been there. Good luck with your project!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 10:01 AM
Oooo thanks for the heads up!! I haven't encountered any problems as of yet but better to be prepared! I sort out a harvestable free version in case people have problems. Poor Mrs. Rose. Thank you so much, things like this really help.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 12:23 AM
cool tho I'd rather got Newcrest filled and reimagined I like Willow Creek as it is
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 10:31 AM
I think I am blind ... this is a SavedFile right? But it does not show Up for me under saved Files . I put the Files into the Tray Folder, was that wrong?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Harumi_Minami
I think I am blind ... this is a SavedFile right? But it does not show Up for me under saved Files . I put the Files into the Tray Folder, was that wrong?

The place to put the file is:
Documents - Electronic Arts - Sims 4 - Saves

Your Tray Folder is where your Library items are saved.
Hope that helps
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CommodoreLezmo
The place to put the file is:
Documents - Electronic Arts - Sims 4 - Saves

Your Tray Folder is where your Library items are saved.
Hope that helps

Eeeek thank you!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 10:22 AM
Just Wow!! After downloading this last night and play testing for a while I just had to come back tonight and tell you how much I like this. Faved and Thanks for your hard work on this. Love what you've done with all the Sims in the town, they all look great and the house and yards just look awesome! Wish I had found this last month cause now I gotta start a new game but there's no way I'm not going to start over cause this town and everything in it just looks too good... haha... Thanks again!!! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 11:57 AM
Thank you, I'm so glad you are enjoying it. I did play test myself but if you do run into any issues please let me know! This project was my first time using the Mod as I am mainly a console player. If only one person had enjoyed my changes in Willow Creek I would have been happy. Have been blown away by the feedback. Thanks again!!! :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 5:55 AM Last edited by Cheysk13 : 23rd Aug 2020 at 12:47 AM.
Default Help please
I am having an issue. I put the save file into the Saves on my game, but it doesn't seem to be showing up.

***Nvm I'm a fool. It looks great.***
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 11:49 PM
First off, I love the neighborhood. I think it looks gorgeous and I am now inspired to try and figure out how to use T.O.O.L. myself to modify my own neighborhoods. I really love that every neighborhood has a playground area and those empty spaces are so pretty now.

I do have a couple quibbles though. The gym is difficult to use. I have to zoom in very closely to get inside the walls in order to select the machines because I cannot bypass the windows or door. I also don't personally care for the fencing around Crick Cabana since it cuts off the ability to walk behind the house. Once I figure out how to use T.O.O.L. I will change that in my own game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 6:22 PM
Looks and sounds great I'll have to give it a look-see ;) thank you
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 2:17 PM
Thanks, this is awesome man!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 6:23 PM
Cheers mate. Appreciated!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 7:37 AM
*Needs update* I get error code 0 'The game failed to save' read that this is caused by using an older save with an updated game, only started today, after the paranormal pack. You need to update this save to the newest version, at least I think you need to do that. Can confirm, saved successfully on a new game, but refuses to do so on custom saves like this one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 1:07 AM
Default Need further information
Quote: Originally posted by ReeceBar
*Needs update* I get error code 0 'The game failed to save' read that this is caused by using an older save with an updated game, only started today, after the paranormal pack. You need to update this save to the newest version, at least I think you need to do that. Can confirm, saved successfully on a new game, but refuses to do so on custom saves like this one.

Hi, thank you for your comment, however am unsure what you mean? I have just loaded my personal save which I play daily and it loaded and saved with no issue. To double check I then loaded a clean version of my save file (October Update) and it also loaded and saved with no issues. It was made using only base game as I disbled all other packs so I can't understand why the Paranormal Pack would be the issue. Can I confirm what version you are having trouble with, are you using the October Update Save file?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 5th May 2021 at 6:19 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! There is a special place in my heart for Michael Bachelor and I absolutely was saddened when he wasn't included in The Sims 2 beyond being a ghost and the reveal that he was Bella's brother. He was my brother's favorite sim to play in The Sims, so I associate him with my brother, kind of like he's my sim brother. I also love that you put the Pleasant siblings along with the one and only, the originals, the Newbies. And Nervous Subject. Good on him living his own life. It sounds absolutely wonderful. It really sounds like you took the alternate reality/time line thing to heart and put some real great sim stuff in here. I love it.