Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1187
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 0 (Who?), Viewed: 1066 times.
Search this Thread
Old 22nd Aug 2020, 3:52 AM DefaultNeed help with finding specific song(s) via SimPE #1
thesammy58
Original Poster

Instructor

11 Achievements

Hi all. So, the Happy Holiday stuff pack came with a funny little snowman stereo which played Christmas-themed music that, as it turns out, is very hard to find on the internet. So I decided to go and extract the audio files for myself.

The necessary audio files appear to be located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\H05.bundle.package

I went ahead and extracted the entire audio contents of the package file, which helped reveal 5 of the songs from the stereo... however, I know for a fact that there are still at least 2 other songs from the stereo yet to be found. And there's where I'm stuck. Where the heck could these two other songs be? Sorting by file size (or by the audio's "Title") helps a lot but pretty much all other files I try to play give a compatibility error in my media players. Only those 5 songs would play, yet I know there are more than 5 in the game.

Any advice on where to look/what to do? I'm determined to data-mine these other 2+ elusive Christmas songs that seem to be missing, yet still play in-game.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Annotation 2020-08-21 214949.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  507.7 KB  

Section jump: