Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2020 at 2:45 PM
Default Disable highlighting of objects and sims ?
Hi everyone !

I don't know if any of you already noticed (but I bet you did), but when you move the mouse cursor on an object, it gets slightly highlighted.
Here's an example :

And when you do machinima, while hitting the FirstPersonCamera TAB button, you sometimes get you mouse stuck on an object which will be highlighted and this can be really annoying...
Isn't there any way to disable this highlighting somewhere ?

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th May 2020 at 3:48 PM
Only thing I can think of (because I mostly find this annoying when the cursor decides to linger on a sim or something else that gives a text bubble when hitting TAB) is to make sure you move the mouse to a patch of ground or a non-intrusive part of the sim panel first. Sounds obvious, but is easy to forget.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2020 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Only thing I can think of (because I mostly find this annoying when the cursor decides to linger on a sim or something else that gives a text bubble when hitting TAB) is to make sure you move the mouse to a patch of ground or a non-intrusive part of the sim panel first. Sounds obvious, but is easy to forget.

Yeah when I think of it I try to do that, but sometimes I just forget and realize later. I was really looking for another way, a modding way in SimPE...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2020 at 6:39 PM
Could be one of those hard-coded things in the game. At least it's a bit less intrusive than in for instance TS4.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th May 2020 at 8:15 PM
I think there is a cheat to make it disappear or make everything "highlighted".
Or maybe there was something about it in the Gunmod's radiance system. I'm honestly not sure but I think there is something there