Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 10:18 PM
Is it possible to make a new aspiration?
I love The Sims 2 in general, but I hate the way my Knowledge sims only ever want skill points (or even worse, to be saved from death), and my Popularity sims only ever want friends, friends, and more friends. Wouldn't it be nice to learn things AND make friends? Maybe even add a little fun and the occasional woohoo to the mix? :-)

I was wondering if it were possible to make new aspirations, besides the ones included in the game. I've never seen one, which makes me think it might not be possible.

I've modded games in the past, but I don't know a ton about modding TS2, and I thought I'd ask if what I want to make is even possible, before I go learning a bunch of stuff that ultimately tells me it's impossible.

Experts? What say you?

Thanks!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 10:22 PM
Perhaps if you are an advanced modder, since impossible mods have been done in the last few years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are you using your sim secondary aspirations? You can totally have a knowledge/pop sim who wants friends, to learn things and have woohoo.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Perhaps if you are an advanced modder, since impossible mods have been done in the last few years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*chuckle* Good to know! I did some things with The Witcher (the first one) that people thought couldn't be done, so once I'm committed, I'm stubborn. But that was my question -- is making a new aspiration generally believed to be impossible by experienced TS2 modders, or does one not exist yet for some other reason?

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you using your sim secondary aspirations? You can totally have a knowledge/pop sim who wants friends, to learn things and have woohoo.

Yes, of course. but the primary aspiration, at least in my game, seems to dominate everything.

I find The Sims 4 to be rather dumbed-down, gameplaywise, to TS2, but I do like the greater variability in aspirations that it gives us.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 12:28 AM
If I’m not mistaken, I think midgethetree (one of the many incredible modders out there) said that it seems to be impossible to create new aspirations (and they have released many mods which we thought were impossible). I’m pretty sure they have said this, I’ll see if I can find the post tomorrow :-))
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
If I’m not mistaken, I think midgethetree (one of the many incredible modders out there) said that it seems to be impossible to create new aspirations (and they have released many mods which we thought were impossible). I’m pretty sure they have said this, I’ll see if I can find the post tomorrow :-))

Oh, thank you; that would be lovely!

Forum Resident
#6 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 11:21 AM
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
I found it! :-)

Thank you very much!

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Mar 2020 at 10:00 AM Last edited by leontinees : 14th Mar 2020 at 1:58 PM.
You're not the only one wanting more diversity. I love Sims 1 (yes, believe it) and Sims 2, but so much that it never feels enough! As much as the game gives me, I keep wanting more and more... it's a never-ending cycle
People keep telling me to switch to Sims 3, but thing is, I DON'T LIKE Sims 3 (there, I said it).

I enjoy a lot the aspirations in Sims 2. For the sake of diversity, I'd like a "faith" of sorts aspiration since I played Medieval. A sim wanting to commune with the Watcher, being a pacemaker, spreading the word and wanting to enlighten their neighbours in order to reach sanctity, etc.

Also a "nature" aspiration. A sim not wanting to follow the rules of a capitalist society, wanting to go back to humanity roots, living in a treehouse or directly in the jungle or a cave, befriending wild animals and only feeding from plants and fishes, "becoming one" with Mother Nature. So, kinda like a plantsim but remaining human.
I guess an aspiration for "sports" and "fame" would also be a nice addition, or one for "arts" and "travelling".

This also happens to me with wanting more badges and secondary skills to learn I have many ideas that sadly will never see the light of existence.