Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 8:11 PM
Default Editing person and phone pie menus
Hello. I would like to edit strings of person pie menus. For example, my goal is to recategorize sim2sim interactions to sims 3-style menus, so that Ask.../What's your job? and Talk.../Chat would all be under Friendly.../Chat and Friendly.../Ask about career. I assume the debug menu (*MAKE SELECTABLE, Kill.../Die by Flies, ...), which I'd also like to edit, is found in the same (person?) file, but I'm not sure where to start. I searched the object workshop, but didn't find "person" object or anything alike.

I'd also like to edit phone pie menus, so that self-pie menus when clicking on currently selected sims would stop being so cluttered, by having all phone interactions be categorized under Phone.../ menu. For example, Phone.../Call.../Sim, Phone.../Call.../Delivery, Phone.../Throw Party.../House party. Where do I start?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd May 2020 at 10:28 AM
Text in Pie Menus are to find in Pie Menu Strings (TTAs).
In order to change the text in a sims Pie Menu you hav to edit Pie Menu Strings (TTAs) belonging to PersonGlobals (Group 0x7F01EC29) with instance number 0x00000081.
For phone Pie Menus try the to edit Pie Menu Strings (TTAs) in PhoneGlobals (Group 0x7FB208FA) wth intance number 0x00000001 and 0x00000002.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2020 at 7:34 PM
I managed to edit PersonGlobals successfully by adding editing both TTAs and STRs belonging to that group. However, I had no luck editing the PhoneGlobals, either through TTAs or through STRs, as only Silent Mode.../ menu appeared under my new Phone.../ menu, and every other menu remained untouched (Call.../, Throw Party.../ etc.). I've also tried editing PhoneCallGlobals, but also failed.

A description box when editing a string "Call.../Sim" of group 0x7FB208FA says "!! Deleted. Moved to PhoneCall Sim2Sim String 0. Was Call.../Sim. The Sims 2 - Needs Translation - Batch15". So apparently, PhoneGlobals (and PhoneCallGlobals) don't affect pie menus. Where would that info be stored then? For example, the options to switch to different music stations when listening to a pocket MP3 player pull strings from a stereo object. How would I be able to pull strings from a phone object in a similar manner?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd May 2020 at 10:45 AM
To find strings you are searching for use Tools/PJSE/Semantics Resource Finder in SimPE. Select Strings in STR# and TTAs. Print the string you want to find in Text and Press Search. You got a list of files with your string. You can use parts of strings to search e,g "call..." or "throw" and so on.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd May 2020 at 1:56 PM
Thank you. I'm looking into that.

While searching for resources, I've encountered 4 errors that look like this, though. Does this mean anything, or am I free to ignore these?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd May 2020 at 2:44 PM
I think it's because the TTAs is an empty file. I always ignore it. If the file is not empty I would clear the cache in SimPE