Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 4:25 AM
Default Welcome to Lake Claire!
Well, I'm quite excited because I'm working on my first story driven neighborhood! Lake Claire is an idyllic little town on the shores of Lake Claire (which is at the base of the mountain where Three Lakes is located). In fact, the lake takes up 2/3 of the town!

The only things to see are the unfinished Observatory, and the Ambrosia Family Manor.

Of course, this "old" town has a local public university: Lake Claire U. It's a very esteemed place, and everyone adores the school mascot, The Fighting Trout! He (the current mascot is a guy) does the flop , every time they score. (It was the Dean's idea).
Sadly, The Fighting Trout often loose to their arch rivals - The Three Lake Bears.

Currently, you can see the four dorms, campus store, and the athletic's center.

Now, there is a downtown, its where all the community lots that are not player owned are kept. There is the Red Snapper (upscale restaurant), The Happy Clam (kid's restaurant), Ocean Beat (Nightclub), Lake Claire Common's(Park), Old Cove State Park (Beach), Lake Claire Graveyard, The Church of the Grey Lady, and a fish market.

And a shopping district, where player owned business are. Currently there is: Cakealicious (Bakery), The Daily Scoop (Ice Cream Parlor), The Lucky Cauldron (Pharmacy), and the Overton Farm's Farmstand

Now, the thing about Lake Claire is that all the residents are a little off. For example the Ambrosia family has been living in Lake Claire for ...eons. 300 years ago, Juliet and Solomon's father gave Lake Claire U the money to build the athletic's center.
This is Solomon, and his twin sister Juliet

Or, the Andros family. Neil is normal enough scientist, but Kwari's dad is an ambassador who works in Area 51.

Neil Andros, his wife Kwari, and their little princess Nova.

Ok, I'm out of pictures, and things to take pictures of! Gonna go makes some more!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 10:07 AM
Your town looks very interesting! I love that all of your residents are a little bit different from the norm. I am looking forward to hearing more about Lake Claire

Call me Hannah
Instructor
#3 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 3:38 PM
Rather intriguing hood! I can't wait to read more about it! I love the idea of rather...peculiar residents, in a somewhat aberrant town. I'll be waiting for the next update!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 11:25 AM
Your town looks interesting! I love that all of your residents are odd in some way. I am looking forward to learning more about Lake Claire.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 4:36 AM
Default A Finished Shopping District
So, Lake Claire finally has both a completed downtown, and a completed shopping district!

First the Shopping District (Again, this is where all the player owned businesses are.)

So, the shops that are located in the shopping district are

-Overton Farm's Farm Stand: A farm stand run by the Overton family that allows people who don't want to buy oranges by the ton to buy their farm fresh fruits and veggies.

-The Lucky Cauldron: Run by the currently unmade Emry's family. They sell all sorts of home-brewed potions and perfumes, and the Lucky Cauldron functions as a sort of local pharmacy.

-Cakealicious: The local bakery that sells all sorts of yummy pastries, is owned by the VonSweet family.

-The VonSweets also own the Daily Scoop, a popular ice cream parlor that not only sells gallons of ice cream, but will also sell it by the scoop.

-Winter's Gallery is the last shop in the Shopping district. Its the only place to buy Winter's family artwork, flower arrangements, and pottery.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 5:54 AM
Default Downtown
These are the un-Sim owned community lots. They're found in the downtown (which I'm way too proud of.)

-The Blue Lantern: The local clothing shop. They have a fairly good selction at reasonable prices.

-Commons: A large green space opposite the church that kids can play at, parents can gossip at, and families can have bbq's at.

-The Fish Market: The grocery store with a fake fish theme. I mean, it looks just like a normal grocery store, but its supposedly a "fish market".

-Graveyard: Its a graveyard. Ya. Nothing else.

-Java Love: A super cozy little coffee house that is a good place to hang out on cold rainy days.

- Ocean's Beat: a nightclub known for its strong drinks, and uncomfortably loud music.

-Old Cove State Park: A beach that I tried to base on an actual state park in my area... IT didn't really work.

-Red Snapper: A ritzy upscale restaurant with a perfect view of the water. The chef is world renown for his seafood.

-The Happy Clam: A chain restaurant for families, with small children, because small children generally do not belong in ritzy restaurants.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 6:18 AM
Default The Church of Our Grey Lady + New residents.
My sims are very religious (Especially the Ambroisa family). So, I built them a church, that doubles as a pretty place to have weddings: The Church of Our Grey Lady.

I'll give you a virtual tour. Outside, we have a small area set up for wedding receptions.

This is the entry hall,

and if we go upstairs we find a second hallway.

Anyway, upstairs there are rooms for a potential bride and groom to get ready.

Finally, the sanctuary itself

The guy preaching is the resident pastor Fr. Mills.

He's always ready to sit down with the residents of Lake Claire and talk about their spiritual issues, or pour them a comforting cup of tea. Fr. Mills is probably the most normal resident of Lake Claire, but I honestly don't think he's noticed his congregation is made up of vampires, witches, werewolves, and other unusual people.

Speaking of unusual people, Violet Overton is the current owner of Overton Farms. Her great*something grandmother Primrose was involved in a accident at the Lake Claire U agricultural school. Since then the Overton's seemed to have a special touch with plants.

I hope you guys enjoy this update. I'm off to make more stuff to photograph.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 10:29 AM
Good Pictures and I liked reading about your neighborhood and your sims.

I liked the statues in the church, where di you get them?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Good Pictures and I liked reading about your neighborhood and your sims.

I liked the statues in the church, where di you get them?

The statues were not CC, and called
"The Grey Lady of Sim City" (Nightlife)
"'What you looking at' by Nina Simagen" (Apartment Life)
and the "'On a Pedestal' by Yucan Byall" (Base Game)

Oh, and I'm happy your enjoying my work.
Instructor
#10 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:36 PM
What a beautiful church! I can't believe the pastor doesn't realize his congregation is comprised entirely of supernaturals . Well, at least (some) of them may be rather well-versed on spiritual matters...

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 1:47 AM
Default Lake Claire U
So, after a nice long trip, and a few days building I have officially finished the college! As with the downtown, I'm far to proud of it.

As, I mentioned before, Lake Claire U is the local University. They are known both for their amazing scholarship program, and being the home of the lovable losers. The fighting Trout!

Ignore the text at the bottom. That's the Lake Claire U mascot.

Its also a pretty campus. The school provides several dorms for students who either don't have a lot of money, aren't a member of one of the Greek Houses, or simply don't feel like renting a house.

Speaking of Greek house, Lake Claire U has many, but the two most prominent, are the Mu Nu Kappa sorority

and the Delta Tau Nu Fraternity.

Delta Tau Nu is known for their crazy parties, and their bad habit of stealing opposing teams mascots the night before a game. Mu Nu Kappa is the exact opposite. They're regarded as the 'big sisters' of Lake Claire U.

Now, what good college doesn't have places to go on campus? Lake Claire has a couple of community lots that are within walking distance of the dorms.

Campus Store - Best described by the description "Your one stop shop for all things Trout."

Quad - A flat paved location that students can hang out in to play chess, hang out, or start a bonfire with the opposing team's recently stolen mascot.

Llu Ambrosia Athletics Center - 300 years ago Llu Ambrosia (Juliet and Solomon's father) set up a trust so that Lake Claire U could build and maintain a state of the art athletic's center. This is the campus gym.

Kwariran Library - Kwariran, another nonhuman, father of one of the main neighborhood sims. This time its Kwari's dad. The building's description spends more time discussing Kwariran's sense of humor, love of 70's TV and failure to get Kwari to name her daughter "Marsha", than it does discussing the building's features.

Quick Coffee - A minimalist building with several espresso bars for students to need to quickly buy their coffee for that all night paper writing session.
Instructor
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 7:25 PM
Lake Claire University sounds rather interesting! I'm particularly fond of the quad! Thanks for posting, I have developed quite the affinity for your hood so far...

Check it out ;)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Lake Claire University sounds rather interesting! I'm particularly fond of the quad! Thanks for posting, I have developed quite the affinity for your hood so far...

I'm so glad that your enjoying my posts! On my side, its really fun to be able to share what I'm up to with people who are equally interested in the sims, and I really love getting to see everyone's reactions to my work.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by estarile
I'm so glad that your enjoying my posts! On my side, its really fun to be able to share what I'm up to with people who are equally interested in the sims, and I really love getting to see everyone's reactions to my work.
o

We all like to share. heh

I like your neighborhoods and buildings, they look very nice. They show your playing style.

I just play with Strangetown, Bluewater Village and Downtown, though I have added a lot of buildings to them, otherwise they are pretty ordinary.

Field Researcher
#15 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 4:25 PM
This looks like it will be a fun hood to play, and you should be proud of the areas and lots you've built. I look forward to reading more.

It seems Fr. Mills only sees what he wants to see!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 5:21 AM
So, to anyone still following this thread, I have both good and bad news. The bad news is that one hard drive brick, and a website crash later I have not only lost the neighborhood (I should have backed up. I know), but also all the pictures I'd been taking.

However, the good news is that I am finished mourning, and am rebuilding my neighborhood! When I get a few things I'll be sure to start posting them here again!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 8:44 PM
Oh no! I'm glad to hear you're rebuilding the hood, though, and will be posting again.