Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 8:28 PM
Default New, sudden frame skips.. whats goin on here? Help plz..
So as of last night my game lags inexplicably. Ive been playing this two sim family for days now. No problems. My i7, gtx670 pc is TOO powerful for this game so that is not the issue ( or is it? ) Because I read to disable vsync and triple buffering. Tried that.. made it MUCH worse. I tried disabling all AA. Better, but still bad.

Now the strange part is this happens only a certain part of the day.. during work hours it seems. The worst of it anyway. It comes and goes.. If I try to pan the camera with the middle mouse button.. forget it. Game turns into a slide show. Sound still plays.. everything else just.. freezes. I read somewhere that this may be a stuck townie somewhere. So I try resetsim *. Didn't work..

So whats going on here? Again NO problems up until last night. I changed nothing, updated nothing.

EDIT: This is apparently the wrong forum. Now I cant delete this thread apparently. And it appears this forum moves at the speed of smell so is it even worth asking to have it moved? I wont give it much time before I repost in the correct forum.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 9:16 AM
Quote:
So as of last night my game lags inexplicably. Ive been playing this two sim family for days now. No problems. My i7, gtx670 pc is TOO powerful for this game so that is not the issue ( or is it? ) Because I read to disable vsync and triple buffering. Tried that.. made it MUCH worse. I tried disabling all AA. Better, but still bad.

Now the strange part is this happens only a certain part of the day.. during work hours it seems. The worst of it anyway. It comes and goes.. If I try to pan the camera with the middle mouse button.. forget it. Game turns into a slide show. Sound still plays.. everything else just.. freezes. I read somewhere that this may be a stuck townie somewhere. So I try resetsim *. Didn't work..

So whats going on here? Again NO problems up until last night. I changed nothing, updated nothing. I heard disabling a core of my cpu may be a solution? Something about TS3 not being to friendly with i7's. Id hate to have to do that for just one game..

Forgive me I posted this in tech support aswell... I didn't realize that was the wrong forum. I haven't been here in years so I was having trouble navigating the site. Id ask for a move, but that forum moves far to slow. And.. I spent $100+ on this game a week back so I need a solution fast so I can partake in my investment. So does anyone have any advise pertaining to this issue?

I can guarantee you that there's someone looking at this forum every hour or so. If no one has replied its probably because they don't have a useful answer for you.

Since you "spent $100+ on this game a week back", and "need a solution fast", you should probably contact EA directly. Good day.