Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 4:28 PM
Default Which spec is causing my laggy TS3 gameplay?
Hi,
I would like to know which specification in particular is causing my laggy gameplay. I am running all of the Sims 3 expansions.

My current specs are:
CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor 2.5 Ghz
RAM: 1.6GB
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
Video Card: GeForce 9600 GT
Free Disk Space: 100GB

My game does run, but is really laggy. I would like to know which spec I should look into. Is it the lack of RAM that's causing my lag, or more so my processor/video card? I do also have a paging file running for virtual memory, if that means anything.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 4:34 PM
Low RAM, 32 bit OS (not a problem with your current RAM but would be if you upgraded it) and your video card is not particularly great. TS3 also tends to run better on an SSD hard drive.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#3 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 3:19 AM
I recommend http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t...-possible-fixes, as it has helped me multiple times

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 2:04 PM
Definitely try the fixes LillianAllen linked to, since they don't cost you any $$$. If nothing helps, then start considering hardware upgrades.