Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:26 PM Last edited by SirDrake : 5th Jun 2010 at 5:41 PM. Reason: fixed
FIXED yay! CAS Part Editor has stopped working
EDIT: fixed to install directx runtime on windows 7 x64 i had to change user account to never notify , and now is working

Ty a lot CmarNYC ty ty very much!

Hello , i got a new PC and i am getting crazy because can't mod anymore till i fix this thingy

I have Windows 7 64 bit , supposely comes with .Net 2.0 , i also installed .NET framework 3.5.1 and i can't find on add/remove programs .Net framework 2.0 i was searching and supposely you can't see it there lol , i dunno what to do

Then i made a search for .NET 2.0 for Windows 7 and all i get is it comes with windows 7

"CAS Part Editor has stopped working"

Ty in advance

EDIT: just tried to install .NET 2.0 and it says "this product is already installed" haaaaa! lol

EDIT 2: tried to install Directx 9 runtime and i get "An internal system error ocurred" geeze

My Wings are broken....my hands bleed...
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:55 PM
Where do you have CTU installed? On my Windows 7 64-bit I got the same exact error with CTU in my Program Files (x86) folder; I had to put it in a non-system folder. Must be a protections problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:59 PM Last edited by SirDrake : 5th Jun 2010 at 4:21 PM.
I tried to run it from a folder on the desktop and then from another HDD and i get the same error

Mabe is the Directx 9 runtime? is there a way to install it or to know if it is installed? i am so confused

UPDATE: i extracted the rars on another HDD and it fails the same but didn't ask the creator name like it was not installed? i even went and cleaned the register as much as i could

UPDATE: tried running in WinXP Service pack 2 mode and does the same

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:31 PM
My Win 7 has Directx 11 installed - I think I also tried to install 9 and was unsuccessful, probably because of having a higher version. CTU works fine for me including the preview. To check your version, run dxdiag - Start, type dxdiag in the search box at the bottom, press return.

Do you have the latest version of CTU?

Edit for possibly dumb question: Did you first install CTU in Program Files and then copy those folders to other locations? If so, the file protections might have been copied too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:42 PM Last edited by SirDrake : 5th Jun 2010 at 5:38 PM.
Yes i just downloaded CTU again , i believe the instalation is messed up , the 1st time i installed it it asked the creator name and stuff , now it does not ask just gives me the error but i dunno how to unninstall it.

My directx is 11.

Yes yes is like you said on the edit but a bit different i just took the CTU folder from my old PC and pasted on my HDD (not the windows partition and not very smart hehe) and it gave me tthe error , then i downloaded again the files and put them in to the desktop and it installed (asked creator name , etc) then gave me the error again. So i downloaded and put the files on another HDD but this time didn't ask creator name like it was already installed and i believe this is making the messup.

I already reinstalled photoshop, milkshape, everything and i am really down and sad that i can't get CTU to work

Ty really ty for the help i will do anything you advise i really want to keep modding (i am starting to get desperate). Want me to post my dxdiag? lol i will do anything! ill send you my PC !!

EDIT:
Error log

Description:
Stopped working

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDC5B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFC6A.tmp.hdmp

EDIT: YAAAAAAAAAAY! i finally installed directx 9 runtime i had to change the user acount to "never notify" to be able to install it.

ty a lot a lot! i am so happy!

Case Closed
Screenshots

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 6:52 PM
So CTU is working now? Yay!
Theorist
#7 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 10:46 AM
I Think I have the same problem...
Can you please explain better how you solve this?
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 6:16 PM
I have the exact same problem, I can't make heads or tails of this topic. I tried everything mentioned, installed Direct X 9 runtime, even though I do have Direct X11.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and I have the .Nets installed.

I have the exact same error, it doesn't matter where the folder is placed I still get "CAS Parts Editor has stopped working" error and it promptly crashes when I attempt to open it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 12:42 AM
Have you tried running CTU either in compatibility mode, or as administrator?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th May 2013 at 7:21 PM
I had the same problem to, but I solved it by installing DirectX runtime http://directxupdate.com file: dxwebsetup.exe
(I have Windows 7 64 bit it kept saying CAS has stopped working) but after installing DirectX runtime and going into the "Turn Windows Features on/off" check the two boxes under Framework 3.5 when I opened the program it worked. (Finally, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to use it, cause I have some clothes I'd want to learn how to convert to Sims 3.) Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 9:11 PM
Ok, so still have this problem, changed user settings to never notify, installed Directx, checked both boxes under Framework 3.5 and I continue to get this notification;

followed by the CASParteditor has stopped working notification.

Please.. for the love of all that is holy, help me.

EDIT: Also, I am sure that compared to 99% of all of you here my computer knowledge is lacking to say the least so please be gentle.