Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 7:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Custom Content Package files will not show up in CAS
Preface: I downloaded the Mod Framework from ModTheSims. I have my Mods folder with "Packages" and "Overrides" and "Resource.cfg" all in that folder as well. "NoBuildSparkles", the whole thing as it comes without any editing. I downloaded some custom content eyebrows, skins and such into my Packages folder. These are all in "C:\Users\[NAME]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods".
The game is a fresh install.

The problem: I cannot find any of the texture mods in CAS at all. It's weird because the "Nointro" and "Nobuildsparkles" package files both indeed work, as well as all NRaas mods I decided to download. So.. packages ARE in fact "working", or should be... but texture mods aren't, it seems. It looks like my new skin default replacement is working, none of the non-default skins are showing up in CAS either, though. I have tried re-downloading Resource.cfg and replacing the older copy with it, still not seeing any texture mod CC.

Sims3Pack files work, and are the only things that currently seem to work.

Could it POSSIBLY be because I have subfolders? Am I even allowed to have subfolders? For example I have "C:\Users\[NAME]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\Sliders" for my custom sliders, but they actually WORK and they show up in CAS no problem! It's so strange.

My CC eyebrows, however.. "C:\Users\[NAME}\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\Eyebrows" do *not* show up and do *not* seem to work.

I'm not sure what's going on since every part of CC and script I have functions just fine, except for anything that seems to be a texture mod.

Patch number: Version: 1.67.2.024037

Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 2:52 AM
did you clear your caches after adding the eyebrows?