Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 5:01 AM
Default Having trouble with s3oc
I did post in someone else's thread about S3OC not starting but I don't see it anymore. It pretty much said you need net framework 4 and I stated that I was able to get S3PE working and I merge packages with it. S3PE requirements include net framework 4 so I believe I have that. I downloaded s3oc_17-0520-1824 auto install version and installed it. When I click on it it flashes S3OC starting but disappears and no other window opens up.

Is there something I am doing wrong? I want to be able to make custom objects, clothes, accessories, poses, and animations. I see people use TSR Workshop for object creation is it reliant upon S3OC cloned objects in case I am unable to get S3OC to work?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:35 PM
How long are you waiting for it to load? It does take a little while. (Although if you are waiting a few minutes longer than it takes your game to load, you should be seeing something by now.)

But tsr workshop is stand-alone. You can use it without having to clone an object with S3OC first.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:46 PM
@Ghost sdoj Thank you for your reply. No matter how long I wait S3OC never opens so I guess I will be using TSR Workhop instead. I was fearful that if I used TSRW without cloning object first that I might lose in game object, but if that has cloning function within it all is well.
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 9:35 PM
Apologies for posting in such an old thread, but just in case anyone else ends up here by googling "s3oc crash" or similar: in my case the problem was caused by a missing / invalid `GameFolders.xml` file. Appearantly this file has to exist in the `s3oc` root folder, but isn't automatically created by the installer? It can be downloaded here.
Scholar
#5 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 1:00 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 5th Sep 2022 at 1:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dromin
Apologies for posting in such an old thread, but just in case anyone else ends up here by googling "s3oc crash" or similar: in my case the problem was caused by a missing / invalid `GameFolders.xml` file. Appearantly this file has to exist in the `s3oc` root folder, but isn't automatically created by the installer? It can be downloaded here.

Another apology for a reply to an old thread, but in case you're wondering why you can't download from the link Dromin kindly supplied back then, it's a right-click and save as situation, not a "go to the website and find the download there" situation.

edit: Though I still can't get SCO3 to work.