Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 10:04 PM
Default wcif something to get all borked content out of my game?
I miss my sims 3 mod conflict finder. Has anyone made something a dingdong like me could use to find borked files?
I tried a few programs out there, but haven't found a stupid proof one.
I have sssooooo much in my mods folder, filed under site name or creators name. Some is messed up in
game and doesn't work, but I can''t find it all. I am in need a of something that will find and delete for me.
Is there anything like that out there?
Thanks.

remember it takes more muscles to frown than to smile!!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 2:43 PM
There isn't really anything that can easily and accurately find broken content in the way that you're describing. However, there are two things you can do that will be helpful.

First, use the batchfixes in Sims4Studio to see if some of it is fixable. The ones that just do things like enabling or disabling CAS content for random or different occults aren't relevant, but the ones that are meant to fix issues caused by changes made to the game are very likely to be relevant to some of the trouble you've been having, and then at least some of your stuff will actually work again.

Second, after you're done running batchfixes, you can use this method to remove things that are still broken. You are the one who has to find all the items IN-GAME, but the Tray Importer will find all the FILES for you so that you can remove them (or, now that you've identified them, check to see if there is a required mesh that you're missing or if the creator updated to fix a problem that wasn't batchfixable).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cidira
There isn't really anything that can easily and accurately find broken content in the way that you're describing. However, there are two things you can do that will be helpful.

First, use the batchfixes in Sims4Studio to see if some of it is fixable. The ones that just do things like enabling or disabling CAS content for random or different occults aren't relevant, but the ones that are meant to fix issues caused by changes made to the game are very likely to be relevant to some of the trouble you've been having, and then at least some of your stuff will actually work again.

Second, after you're done running batchfixes, you can use this method to remove things that are still broken. You are the one who has to find all the items IN-GAME, but the Tray Importer will find all the FILES for you so that you can remove them (or, now that you've identified them, check to see if there is a required mesh that you're missing or if the creator updated to fix a problem that wasn't batchfixable).

Thank you!!! I will definitely do this. I think I can handle this!

remember it takes more muscles to frown than to smile!!!