Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All-in-One Occult Hybrid Stabilizer

by Iced Cream Posted 30th Sep 2020 at 4:56 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2022 at 7:34 AM by Iced Cream

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 175 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 5:04 PM
Where does the .ini part go? Mods folder? Or elsewhere?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Where does the .ini part go? Mods folder? Or elsewhere?

Same folder as the script
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 8:02 PM
This looks awesome. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 9:55 PM
Thanks, I'll test it later.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 11:20 PM
Thanks, I'm going to give this a try later as I have a save file with different types of hybrids that were born in game and I don't want to have to remove one of their occult forms to get them to work properly.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 11:48 PM
You're amazing, you've already made my spellcaster/mermaid much easier to work with as it is, I didn't think you could make it even better.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Iced Cream
Same folder as the script

Awesome and thanks! Can it be one folder deep like the script, or does it all need to go directly into the mods folder?
Inventor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 12:47 AM
I love it!!! Thanks!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Awesome and thanks! Can it be one folder deep like the script, or does it all need to go directly into the mods folder?

It can be 1 subfolder deep just like the script. If you're unsure about the .ini file, you can just delete it and the mod will make one with all the default values when you start up the game.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 4:52 PM
I have to say bravo!! Thank you so much for this, I can't wait to check it out!! :D
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#12 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 8:00 PM
Do I still keep the two mods, [Iced Cream](Vampire) Occult Perks Pie Menu and [Iced Cream](Witch) Occult Perks Pie Menu, in the Mods folder if I download this one? I took out the other mods per the directions on the main part.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
Do I still keep the two mods, [Iced Cream](Vampire) Occult Perks Pie Menu and [Iced Cream](Witch) Occult Perks Pie Menu, in the Mods folder if I download this one? I took out the other mods per the directions on the main part.

You can keep them if you want the ability to buy perks out of order, otherwise you can delete them.
This mod lets you access the perk trees by switching into different forms.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 8:32 PM
All I play are occult simns this mod is more than apreciated. THank you very much for your amazing mods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 4:26 AM
Great job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 2:18 AM
There will be an update for this mod in about a week or 2. Here are some of the new features:
  • The modify forms interactions will now bring the entire household into CAS. Household members who have the matching occult type will switch to the specified type in CAS so you can edit their forms all at once. You can revert the interactions to its old behavior by disabling the new option in the .ini file: edit_form_interactions_apply_to_household.
  • There are 2 new interactions in the Vampire and Spellcaster pie menus, "Show Motive Overlay," which will temporarily switch the displayed perk bar in the needs panel (in case you use custom traits to block off the dark form).
  • The mod will prevent other mods from changing mermaids into mermaid form if the sim is wearing the batuu outfit. This prevents the batuu outfit from being erased. This behavior can be disabled in the .ini file.
  • There is a new option in the .ini file to disable Alien mood glow effects if you don't like how they look on hybrids. This option is not enabled by default.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 11:04 PM
If my Sim is already an alien with the vampire trait cheated on them, will this work? I had no idea about the CAS deletion thing until he randomly chaged into his human disguise and ruined like an hour of work in CAS.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatastrophicNoodle
If my Sim is already an alien with the vampire trait cheated on them, will this work? I had no idea about the CAS deletion thing until he randomly chaged into his human disguise and ruined like an hour of work in CAS.

Yes. This mod will prevent the game from deleting your sim's forms.
To check if the mod has loaded, simply take your hybrid into CAS. If they have an occult icon over their traits, it means the mod has loaded and the sim's other occult forms are protected from CAS.

Do note that you must enter live mode at least once during the game session for the mod the protect your sim's forms.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 12:00 AM
I am not sure how to make a multi-occult sims? I have a vampire and want to add Spellcaster. When I click ony your pie slice, my options are Human and Vampire. What do I do to add Spellcaster to the vampire? Sorry for not understanding.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deblake60
I am not sure how to make a multi-occult sims? I have a vampire and want to add Spellcaster. When I click ony your pie slice, my options are Human and Vampire. What do I do to add Spellcaster to the vampire? Sorry for not understanding.

This mod prevents the game from glitching out if a sim has multiple occults, and it lets you edit their forms with the interactions.

If you want to add multiple occults to a sim you can use any of these mods:
Occult Life States from Rewards Store: https://modthesims.info/d/646841/
Occult Hybrid Unlocker: https://modthesims.info/d/643617/
Hybrid Through Gameplay: https://www.deviantart.com/gauntlet...lizer-742150773
Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Iced Cream
This mod prevents the game from glitching out if a sim has multiple occults, and it lets you edit their forms with the interactions.

If you want to add multiple occults to a sim you can use any of these mods:
Occult Life States from Rewards Store: https://modthesims.info/d/646841/
Occult Hybrid Unlocker: https://modthesims.info/d/643617/
Hybrid Through Gameplay: https://www.deviantart.com/gauntlet...lizer-742150773

Thank you for your help/
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 7:24 AM
Default Cheers!
So glad you came up with a good solution to the issues underlying hybrids. Maxis could have avoided this altogether had they simply mad hybrids possible via an options selection to turn it on. And so it is with genuine appreciation that I say. Woots, yay, and cheers mate!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 12:15 PM
How is the secret society from uni handled? It has magic I am just wondering if it comes up as occult? Does your mod allow that plus other occult?

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alundra
How is the secret society from uni handled? It has magic I am just wondering if it comes up as occult? Does your mod allow that plus other occult?

The game does not consider the secret society as an occult, so it should not conflict with the other occults.

The game's occult tracker only considers the following to be occults: Aliens, Vampires, Mermaids, Spellcasters

Stuff like plantsims, servos, and the skeletons from jungle adventure are just traits that apply a costume.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 8:44 AM
This is amazing! Thanks for all your hard work.
Page 1 of 10