Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 5:00 PM
First Mocha Sims now Scumbumbo, we're losing so many talented simmers and good people in our community.. RIP to Scumbumbo and my sincerest condolences to his family..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 7:53 PM
Oh man, that's horrible.

RIP Scumbumbo. Your mods played a big part in making TS4 playable for me. I can't thank you enough for what you've done for the community.

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 9:11 PM
RIP Scumbumbo

I'm really sorry to hear that, Scumbumbo created some great & essential mods. Seems several important figures in the Sims modding scene have died over the last couple of years.

My thoughts are with his loved ones.
Scholar
#29 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 11:06 PM
Such a kind and generous soul. I hope that he didn't suffer. His mods were wonderful and his descriptions often made my day. RIP Scumbumbo.
Instructor
#30 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 1:00 AM
Rest easy Scumbumbo. It's never easy to hear someone in the community passing. I hope those close to them are doing okay.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 5:38 AM
Quite a shock! He was a very great guy, may he rest in peace.
Test Subject
#32 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 5:39 AM
That's horrible. he was so helpful and encouraging when I started out modding. I can't believe he's gone.
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 1:10 PM
When I finally tried my first mod ever, it was Scumbumbo's. It's so sad to say farewell to him. May he rest in peace. :-( </3
Forum Resident
#34 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 1:52 PM
I am sad about this - Scumbumbo, you will be missed. It is a reminder of the very real people behind the avatars, and the incredible talent and contributions they make to our comunity and to our games. You have a wonderful legacy, and you will be remembered. I kinda laugh a little, remembering the username and typing it up as Scumbobo once. RIP.
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 2:56 PM
If it's true then may he rest in peace. He will be missed
Test Subject
#36 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 5:05 PM
I knew Scumbumbo IRL, and had been friends with him since '97. He was part of a circle of friends that had gamed together for decades, and I was saddened when he moved away a year or so ago, and didn't know why he'd been so quiet in recent months. He was big on his privacy, so I didn't push it, but then I came here and saw what a major fixture he was/is in the Sims modding community. I don't know why he'd never talked about it with us, maybe he thought we wouldn't get it, I don't know. But I signed up here for the express purpose of reconnecting with him. Then I saw he'd been absent about as long as it had been since any of our gaming group had last heard from him, so... I did some Googling and it didn't take long for me to find out what had happened.

I am still coming to terms with the news, and I regret never getting to talk to him about his amazing work on the Sims mods. I knew he wasn't in the best of health, due in part to a lifetime of smoking and/or vaping, but he was still gone way too soon. He was a good guy with a great sense of humor, and was a whiz with both computer hardware and coding/scripting. Seeing all of these kind words helps, and he will be missed, but I'm glad he has a legacy in the virtual world of Sims. RIP.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 8:54 PM
My sincere condolences to his family.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 9:26 PM
What a sad news. Rest In Peace. My condolences to the family.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 1:36 AM
What horribly sad news! I was a big fan of his mods and his kindness and generosity. He will be sorely missed. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Scumbumbo
Field Researcher
#40 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 1:44 PM
he was truly a talented guy, may he rest in peace.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#41 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 3:22 PM
A great loss to the modding community of a talented and very helpful contributor. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 4:28 PM
Condolences to his family. I used a lot of his mods. He was very talented. So sad for his families loss.
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 8:53 PM
RIP Scumbumbo, you'll be hugely regretted by our sims and our community
Alchemist
#44 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 2:11 PM
Haven't used any mods, but saw the username here and there. But a loss is a loss, for his real family and this forum family.
May his soul rest in peace.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#45 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 6:38 PM
I don't think I ever got to interact with Scumbumbo, but it's always sad when a member of the Simming community passes. Such a shame and thoughts are with his nearest and dearest.

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
#46 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 9:35 PM
Rest in peace scumbumbo.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 9:36 PM
The user name of Scumbumbo indicated a person who didn't take himself seriously and was a lot of fun. His was certainly a prominent name among Sims modders. I'm so sad for his family and friends. Rest in peace. You will be missed.
Also missing Beosboxboy (2010) and Sandy "Wondrheart" (2005) (Southwest Sims downloads).
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 12:17 AM
Oh, no! A lot of people fade out of the community, and one thinks they've merely gone on to other interests; I'm so sorry to hear that Scumbumbo (great name!) has died.

Condolences to his friends and family.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 12:33 AM
That is sad, came here today to see if one of his mods were updated RIP

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 2:10 AM
My condolences to his family for losing such a great modder and a valued community member in the Simming world.
Page 2 of 4