Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 2:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashes when sim is giving birth
I had Lola Single in Strangetown get pregnant with one of my born in-game sims, who's part alien. Her sister already has an alien child by him, but when Lola goes into labour, the DNA sign comes up, and then the game crashes.
I searched the board for other threads regarding this, but they all point towards custom skins being the problem, but I have no custom skins in this household, so... Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
I've gone through the files with the Clean Installer, and the only hack I have left now is the hacked telescope, which hasn't caused a problem before.
I know killing her off is an option, but I'd really hate to have to do that... :/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 2:46 PM
I had a similar problem, but mine was due to the clothes she was wearing... I had her in the high heal lingerie. It kept looping on her waving her hands; I used my undress option and it stopped. It may also be due to your other SIMS may need to be "present" for the birth - if they are tied-up in something major, try making them do "no actions". I have even paused and gone into shopping mode to physically move them from any obstructions. I am by no means tech support, but those were options I tried to fix my situation.

Open your eyes for the next FAIZ.......
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 1:42 AM
Thanks for the tip! Changing her clothes actually worked. I had her change into her underwear, and now the game doesn't crash. The baby had the darkest skintone though, despite a full alien mother, and a part light-skinned, part alien father... So I exited the lot, went back in and tried it again. Got a lightskinned kid. So I did it all over, and got a tanned kid. Guess I'll just have to keep trying until they get an alien baby. But at least the game doesn't crash anymore. Thanks alot.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 4:12 PM
Darn, I spoke too soon. It's back to crashing again. *sigh*