Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

QuickWrite by MIKYA - Write Songs and Books Faster

by MIKYA Posted 30th Apr 2020 at 8:59 PM - Updated 1st Oct 2023 at 9:03 PM by MIKYA

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:51 PM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 3:04 AM
Is this still working with the Sept. 3 patch (Journey to Batuu)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justme2
Is this still working with the Sept. 3 patch (Journey to Batuu)?

Yes! All is well
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 2:27 AM
Thanks for letting me know. My writers have been anxiously waiting to have a life while still getting work done. :-)
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 5:15 PM
is this still working after octobers pathc?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ashlynette92

Hello! I believe it is, I haven’t gotten any complaints about it needing an update, but I can’t play the game myself due to college work so I’m personally unsure. I will check tonight.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 10:50 PM

Yes, it is working, I put it in the description after the patch I thought there may have been another patch recently which is why I was confused, but it's up and running!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 4:52 AM
Is this compatible with the latest patch?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#34 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 6:12 PM
Lifestyles were added to the interactions with Snowy Escape. Maybe these mods need to be updated to include Lifestyles?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 5:06 PM
Is this compatible with the latest patch?

As far as I’m aware there haven’t been any problems with it. I haven’t been able to test it thoroughly because of college but the semester is over so I can test when I get home today.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
Lifestyles were added to the interactions with Snowy Escape. Maybe these mods need to be updated to include Lifestyles?

I’ll take a look and update accordingly
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 10:52 PM
The mod has been updated to include the Lifestyles features from the recent patches
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 1:00 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 12:09 AM
Thank you for the quick update!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 1:23 AM
It's so useful, yet my sims cancel the interaction every time something or someone else forces an action to be cued and render the book/song useless, actually preventing me from resuming it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CasualisticModder
It's so useful, yet my sims cancel the interaction every time something or someone else forces an action to be cued and render the book/song useless, actually preventing me from resuming it.

To my knowledge, that’s a game bug that still hasn’t worked out. It’s been happening for a long time even before I made this mod, at least in my games across computers lol. Initially when I made the mod I had hoped it would workaround the issue, but it didn’t, just made the disappointment less as it took less time before you find out it’s gone lmao.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 27th May 2021 at 8:32 PM
My sim isnt writing books any faster and I have the sonic version installed
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 27th May 2021 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keiraskyler
My sim isnt writing books any faster and I have the sonic version installed

Do you have any other mods that involve writing books installed? It could be a mod conflict. This mod is confirmed to work after today's patch
Instructor
THANKS POST
#44 Old 28th May 2021 at 12:05 PM
Thanks for the update @MIKYA
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th May 2021 at 11:59 PM
If I only need the writing books part of this mod, can I only keep that package file and delete the ones about writing songs?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thangiakhan
If I only need the writing books part of this mod, can I only keep that package file and delete the ones about writing songs?

absolutely! you can just pick the ones you want, you don't need all of them for it to work
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyeve
Thanks for the update @MIKYA

and thank you for sticking with me and my mods! :D
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 8:23 PM
Default Help!
Hi! I noticed the page says the mod was updated in June 2021, but the download page says it was last updated in December 2020. My sim will "finish" the book, but it won't actually finish. When I try to go back to "resume writing" the action is cancelled out.
Test Subject
#49 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HeyThereKels
Hi! I noticed the page says the mod was updated in June 2021, but the download page says it was last updated in December 2020. My sim will "finish" the book, but it won't actually finish. When I try to go back to "resume writing" the action is cancelled out.

Update: my sim is able to write books that aren't "Mystery". So far, I have discovered this is only happening with mystery books.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HeyThereKels
Update: my sim is able to write books that aren't "Mystery". So far, I have discovered this is only happening with mystery books.

Hello! The mod was updated to fix the code in December, it hasn’t needed any code fixes since then The cancelling actions is a super annoying game bug that I unfortunately have dealt with a lot and initially had been hoping to resolve with this mod, but it doesn’t help, only gives you less time to wait before the devastating loss of a book lol. Is it really only mystery books? My sims are only mystery authors so no wonder it’s so pervasive in my games! I wonder that would happen only with mystery books.

Either way, unfortunately there’s not a fix for this.
Page 2 of 5