Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lamp of Fire Warding

by Sophie-David Posted 15th Jan 2017 at 12:34 AM - Updated 9th Dec 2018 at 3:20 PM by Sophie-David : Routing Improvement

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 3:06 PM
ahhhh I love all your stuff
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 3:55 PM
I can not even imagine the mountain of coding that went into this -- what a fantastic concept! ♥
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 5:29 PM
Always so inventive. Thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 1:18 AM
Thank you so much Sophie-David! This will come in handy in any themed game, whether, modern, Medieval, Victorian, etc. I cannot tell you how annoying it is not to be able to buy period-friendly fire alarms at privately-owned businesses unless they're in the owner's inventory! Or even more annoying, that you have to put a fire alarm OUTSIDE in addition to indoors in this game! It's not as bad as it was in the original Sims game, where you had to put a Burglar alarm over every door to the house, but similar.
It's also cool that this magic candle can teach Sims fire safety Thank you very much for making this!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:46 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement. This one was a lot of work, but I am pleased with how it turned out.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 11:06 PM
Minor UPDATE January 16th, 2017

This release changes the "Summon Fireflies" menu option to "Summon Butterflies" during the daytime (7:00 am to 6:59 pm). In addition, this menu option is now only displayed if Seasons (as well as Apartment Life) is installed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 10:39 AM
Very nice and the recolors are nice too.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 11:12 AM
Thank you ReALty.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#10 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 12:36 AM
What would our sims do without your fantastic magical creations? Have boring, mundane, modern, technological domiciles! Can't have that. We need a Sophie-David magical essentials folder. Getting full to bursting. :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 3:29 AM
That's very sweet! Thank you Cat.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 4:41 AM
Thanks!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 11:53 PM
You're welcome, Tad.
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 8:53 PM
UPGRADE July 30th, 2017

1) This update increases the probability that a student will sit at the same table as the teacher and reduces the likelihood of a student sitting in a position that faces away from him.

2) The teacher and students now uses a more varied vocabulary, including Enthusiasms if FreeTime or any later EP is available.
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 7:21 PM
UPDATE August 5th, 2017

This update makes several improvements to student routing. For example, if a session is in progress seated around a table and there is a shortage of seating, Sims will stand rather than sitting on the floor.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 10:55 PM
Thanks!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 12:09 AM
I tested this out and I ran into a slight bug with the summoned warlock getting stuck on the roof outside:

Thought you'd like to know about it, though I don't know if you can do anything.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 9:46 PM
A flat porch roof at the front - I admit I did not think of testing for that. The coding teleported him as close to the fire as possible and if there was a door then he would be able to come inside and put out the fire...

I suspect the failsafe coding eventually put out the fire automatically. Did the warlock eventually disappear?
Mad Poster
#19 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 11:06 AM
The fire went out, but Goopy remained standing on the roof until I reloaded shortly afterwards.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 12:24 AM
I guess this could be used to homeschool the Sim Kids and I love it.

Prince Avalanche
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
The fire went out, but Goopy remained standing on the roof until I reloaded shortly afterwards.
Thank you for the update. I will probably be able to fix this problem when I return to this project.
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prince Avalanche
I guess this could be used to homeschool the Sim Kids and I love it.
Yes, it is useful for homeschooling. Thank you Prince.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 8:59 PM
Wow, this sounds awesome! :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 7:33 PM
Thank you, WMScofield, I hope you enjoy it in your game.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 10:39 PM Last edited by Prince Avalanche : 20th Apr 2020 at 4:12 AM.
It seems to prevent the Sim Kids from going to school and when they query go to school it drops out of their query when the lamp of Fire Warding on the lot. Very useful hack. What is causing this?

Prince Avalanche
Page 1 of 2