Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Instant Ramen

by ohmysims Posted 27th Jul 2016 at 1:51 AM - Updated 21st Jan 2017 at 4:16 AM by ohmysims

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 10:30 PM
@gunchapred: That the [Cook Custom meal] menu doesn't appear usually means that the interaction script isn't installed properly. Please read the FAQ and double check whether the ts4script file is in the right place.

@gyrobot: I still can't reproduce the issue. It works fine in my game with both fridges and stoves.
Test Subject
#27 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 11:41 PM
I'm having issues with cooking the ramen, for some reason it won't do single server or family, only the 8 servings. Not a huge issue, but just thought I'd let you know. This was through the custom meal interaction through the fridge.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ohmysims
@gunchapred: That the [Cook Custom meal] menu doesn't appear usually means that the interaction script isn't installed properly. Please read the FAQ and double check whether the ts4script file is in the right place.

@gyrobot: I still can't reproduce the issue. It works fine in my game with both fridges and stoves.

I do get the menu, i can still make Zaru Soba and Tempura Shrimp. Its just that the Ramen Noodles dosent appear in the menu.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 6:27 AM
@gyrobot, @BloodravenD, @gunchapred: The issue that the single serving doesn't appear on certain menus will be fixed in the next version of the interaction script (ver 1.8). It will take some time for the updated version to be posted, though (hopefully next week). Sorry for the inconvenience.
Test Subject
#30 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:33 AM
@gyrobot, @BloodravenD, @gunchapred: The issue that the single serving doesn't appear on certain menus will be fixed in the next version of the interaction script (ver 1.8). It will take some time for the updated version to be posted, though (hopefully next week). Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's fine, and don't beat yourself up over it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 1:05 PM
Great Job! I love it.
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 3:09 AM
So I have to have Dine Out for this to work then?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leadpotato
So I have to have Dine Out for this to work then?

No, the food is Basegame compatible. But still, even if you had BG installed only, your game version must be at least 1.20.60 (aka Dine Out patch).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 7:09 PM
Now the ramen is showing up, but now when i try to get my sim to cook it, they get the ramen into pot, but they just get stuck idle.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gunchapred
Now the ramen is showing up, but now when i try to get my sim to cook it, they get the ramen into pot, but they just get stuck idle.

Is your game version up to date? It should be at least PC Version 1.20.60.1020 / Mac Version 1.20.60.1220.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 2:45 PM
Awww yea my favorite!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 2:42 PM
Awesome, thank you I love the custom foods!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#38 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 3:10 PM
I am not sure but I think this mod and the shrimp one is causing UI in CAS to glitch in the traits area. I have all the food mods like necrodog pizzas and icemunns but when I put this and that shrimp one I get this issue.

Mc Command center and other food mods together works fine but this and the shrimp recipe doesn't. Love your oriental food mods though, hope is not this.

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlineFrrr
I am not sure but I think this mod and the shrimp one is causing UI in CAS to glitch in the traits area. I have all the food mods like necrodog pizzas and icemunns but when I put this and that shrimp one I get this issue. Mc Command center and other food mods together works fine but this and the shrimp recipe doesn't. Love your oriental food mods though, hope is not this. Thanks!

@AlineFrrr: I wasn't able to reproduce the UI glitch with this ramen and shrimp udon in my game. I guess maybe the cause is some other mods? I've used MC Command Center since it first came out, and it and my custom food mods have always worked together well. Btw, have you updated the Custom Food Interaction Script to the latest version? The old version (ver 1.8) had some conflicts with the recent patch, and has been fixed.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 4:10 PM
@AlineFrrr: I wasn't able to reproduce the UI glitch with this ramen and shrimp udon in my game. I guess maybe the cause is some other mods? I've used MC Command Center since it first came out, and it and my custom food mods have always worked together well. Btw, have you updated the Custom Food Interaction Script to the latest version? The old version (ver 1.8) had some conflicts with the recent patch, and has been fixed.
Thanks , yes I updated, other foods even your sushi works fine, weirdly only this cause it if I put back in, maybe some UI glitch with some other mod like custom candy or plant, I have no idea? I have also all necrodog's mini pizzas for dine out. You think they could be clashing?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlineFrrr
maybe some UI glitch with some other mod like custom candy or plant, I have no idea? I have also all necrodog's mini pizzas for dine out. You think they could be clashing?

All custom foods, drinks, candies, etc have their own unique IDs, so it is very unlikely they conflict each other. And I can't fix anything that I can't reproduce in my game. I have the candies and pizzas installed in my game too and everything works well together. I'll keep an eye on the UI issue though.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#42 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 12:22 PM
Yum!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 6:04 PM
Now my sims can eat the shin ramyun that I eat in real life! :)
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 10:25 AM
So I downloaded both the instant ramen cup and the ramen pot one and I tried cooking them but the cooking process just pauses even when I fast forward the game. I checked the cutom food interaction mode and he game and their both updated, am I the only one that experiences this or is this an actual glitch I am facing?
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 10:32 AM
Default Pause cooking
So I downloaded both the instant ramen cup and the ramen pot mod and when I tried cooking them both and the cooking process just pauses, even when I fast forward the game. I check my game and the custom food interaction mod and they both are updated. Am I the only one that has this problem because I'm not sure if its an actual glitch or if its just me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 9:20 PM
I am aware that ALL my custom foods are broken (because of chopsticks, etc), and of course working on fixes. But please be patient this will take awhile.

Also note that I don't guarantee that the upcoming version will fix the issue where the cooking process is paused in some people's games. I still haven't been able to reproduce it in my game. Knowing which EP/SP/GP you don't have might help because I use all of them.
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th May 2017 at 8:52 PM
Default Sim does nothing with the Ramen
Hello there, whenever I try cooking the Ramen, my sim will do half of the food interaction and will stand with uncooked ramen in front of him that I can't eat. Can you give me a reason (or reasons) why its broken?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 3:38 AM
I love the idea but for some reason my sims aren't able to actually prepare this like a normal dish. In order for me to be able to find it, I have to search for it in build mode. They can still eat it that way, just not prepare it. The group meal never showed up in my game sadly :c
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:10 PM
love the mod...though i wonder if it will still work with the latest update..it worked fine with parenthood..
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 9:24 AM
My sims cook ramen and grab servings bu they have no option to eat it.
Page 2 of 3