Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Update Jan 17/20: Seasons Automatic Lot Based Weather Control

by Sophie-David Posted 23rd Feb 2014 at 2:39 AM - Updated 18th Jan 2020 at 2:08 AM by Sophie-David : The Rocks of Perpetual Recolours no longer override the Transport Urn default texture.

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 7:21 AM
I always knew, that you are a genius, Sophie-David! And now I'm convinced even more in this fact. Thank you very much for this incredibly useful mod! Can't wait to try it after work today.
Theorist
Original Poster
#27 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 6:06 PM
[blushes] Thank you Olena, I do hope you find them useful. Actually I would say I'm married to a genius. :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:53 PM
thx soo much
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 4:55 AM
You're welcome, daaj.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 7:38 PM
Finally, sunshine on my beach lot! Thanks.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 11:44 PM
You're welcome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 8:46 AM
1 million thank you for you sophie-david!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 6:21 PM
Thank you arnoldsim!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 11:14 PM
Would I be able to place one (haven't figured out WHICH one) on a community lot. I'm thinking of 2 parks, one for summer (always clear) and one on a Winter Park - where I want snow to be on the ground when a sim gets there, and snowing would be OK but no lightning,etc. Sort of like us here in Sacramento valley, where we can leave the warm weather to go up to the mountains and be in the snow.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Would I be able to place one (haven't figured out WHICH one) on a community lot. I'm thinking of 2 parks, one for summer (always clear) and one on a Winter Park - where I want snow to be on the ground when a sim gets there, and snowing would be OK but no lightning,etc. Sort of like us here in Sacramento valley, where we can leave the warm weather to go up to the mountains and be in the snow.
Yes, the weather controllers will work on any type of lot. If you want snow to be at the community lot already, before entering the lot, you would likely need to accomplish that with terrain paint. The weather controller cannot run until the lot is actually in use.

I cannot remember if lightning goes along with snow or not. Certainly lightning is associated with rain.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 11:47 AM
How is this not a picked download?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#37 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 12:59 PM
This is awesome! I am so excited about integrating this into the way that I play my game (and I can't believe that it's taken me this long to realise the potential!) :-D

I do have a question, though. I notice that there is no separate object for lightening/storms. Does the "rain" object also include lightening? Is it possible to differentiate between/set a lot to rain with lightening and rain without lightening using these objects?
Theorist
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 6:45 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 17th Jul 2016 at 7:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
This is awesome! I am so excited about integrating this into the way that I play my game (and I can't believe that it's taken me this long to realise the potential!) :-D

I do have a question, though. I notice that there is no separate object for lightening/storms. Does the "rain" object also include lightening? Is it possible to differentiate between/set a lot to rain with lightening and rain without lightening using these objects?
Thank you for the encouragement, laura. No, unfortunately the rain and lightning always come together. This is built-in to the Seasons weather controller. Once it is raining then lightning becomes a probability.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
Thank you for the encouragement, laura. No, unfortunately the rain and lightening always come together. This is built-in to the Seasons weather controller. Once it is raining then lightening becomes a probability.

That's fine, I was just wondering. Mostly because I was wondering if "rain" meant that there would never be lightening - I'm glad that there is still a chance of it when it's set to rain! :-) Is lightening still more likely to occur in particular seasons when using your mod (Spring and Summer in the vanilla game, I think?) or is there an equal chance of it whenever there is rain?
Theorist
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
That's fine, I was just wondering. Mostly because I was wondering if "rain" meant that there would never be lightening - I'm glad that there is still a chance of it when it's set to rain! :-) Is lightening still more likely to occur in particular seasons when using your mod (Spring and Summer in the vanilla game, I think?) or is there an equal chance of it whenever there is rain?
The chance of lightning should vary according to season, just as EA designed it. These objects are only designed to trigger weather events, but they do not modify the behavior of the weather controller itself.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 1:12 PM
Super mod! Thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#42 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 3:32 AM
You're welcome - thank you for the encouragement!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 7:06 AM
I was really excited to use this mod, but after i put it in my folder, all community lots got bugged to constantly be stuck in ultra speed, and the problem still persisted after i removed the files.
Theorist
Original Poster
#44 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by metafalcario23
I was really excited to use this mod, but after i put it in my folder, all community lots got bugged to constantly be stuck in ultra speed, and the problem still persisted after i removed the files.
I cannot imagine how this adaptation of the weather machine routines could cause the GUI to be locked into ultra speed, but then the problem persisted after removing the files. You seem to be suggesting that all the community lots were stuck in ultra speed whether or not the weather controllers were actually placed in the community lots, which is quite puzzling - this is not a global mod. Was the weather behavior actually altered in the lots where you placed the controllers? I am thinking that there could be some other cause, especially since removing the controller files did not solve the problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 6:27 PM
this is so delightful! I love playing in different biomes (deserts, boreal forests), but the base game precipitation levels in each season don't allow for much experimentation. i'm going to have so much fun with this!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#46 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 2:14 AM
That does sound fun. Thank you for the encouragement!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 6:32 PM
Thank you
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#48 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 1:24 AM
You're welcome.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#49 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 4:32 PM