Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 8:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Screwy graphics
Today I moved my desktop PC to another room, which seems to have caused my game to go a bit screwy. I should note that when I did this, the computer kept turning itself back on after shutting down (I tried formally shutting down, and then via holding the power button in, but either way the thing had a mind of its own and wouldn't stay off) so I ended up having to turn it off at the wall during the brief moment it stayed off.

So now in the new room, the game started crashing at the end of the load screen with this error. It's appeared before once or twice, but never been an issue as I could just boot again and it would be fine. Now it's appearing on each boot up.

I read that deleting userprops.xml would likely help so I tried that. It did stop the crashing but now the game (or the tarmac in the game) looks like this.

Is this due to a game setting having been reset or an Nvidia thing?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 9:41 PM
A bit unclear, but was your game running at any point during the move - or was the PC just idling without running any programs and then you turned it off (or tried to and had issues)?

Have you checked that the GraphicRules and VideoCards files (if you edited those) haven't been touched?

Have you checked the "config-log" file to see if the game is still using the proper graphic card and memory info?

The on/off issues could possibly have been affected by an update of some sort - are you sure there wasn't an update warning when you turned off the computer?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 10:20 PM
Could be something is a little loose and needs to be pushed in. I suggest making a full backup of your game to a stick or external though. When my pc was upgraded my D drive which wasn't an SSD died after being moved and dusted out. I lost about a month of gameplay among other things.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 11:50 PM
Is your game installed to the default location (Program Files (x86))? If so then try deleting your virtualstore:
C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\EAGames
You may have to redo 4GB patch and graphicsrules and other changes you made to the gamedata files.