Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#3426 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 12:06 AM
So Bonehilda doesn’t have a coffin, she can’t be moved in and she is summoned by a Seance table.

Also no cemeteries.

Only EA could ruin Bonehilda
Sim Guru Connor
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3427 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
So Bonehilda doesn’t have a coffin, she can’t be moved in and she is summoned by a Seance table.

Awww. While it's not AS big a deal as some of their other unnecessary changes and omissions, that's still disappointing.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#3428 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I had forgotten what it is like to play a game without any outside influence.  I don't read, post about and or watch anything ...

I have in effect said that so many times I cannot remember. I see all the debates about Sims versions, for example, and my feeling is play whatever you want to play and it does not matter if others like to play other versions, or like or dislike things that do not match your thoughts. Think for yourself. Judge the game yourself. Play or not play per your wants and needs.
Top Secret Researcher
#3429 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear

Also no cemeteries.

Only EA could ruin Bonehilda
Sim Guru Connor

To be fair, Bonehilda was glitchy in Sims 3; if you played long enough she's stop cleaning. I think she used to take care of babies too, because she had this annoying behavior of standing right in front of the crib. And since Sims 3 didn't allow one sim to walk through another like Sims 4 does, if you didn't reset Bonny Bones you couldn't get to the baby.
And yes, we need cemeteries. Whats the point of a undeathafy spell if you can't find the tombstone you need to bring them back?!

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#3430 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
To be fair, Bonehilda was glitchy in Sims 3; if you played long enough she's stop cleaning. I think she used to take care of babies too, because she had this annoying behavior of standing right in front of the crib. And since Sims 3 didn't allow one sim to walk through another like Sims 4 does, if you didn't reset Bonny Bones you couldn't get to the baby.
And yes, we need cemeteries. Whats the point of a undeathafy spell if you can't find the tombstone you need to bring them back?!

If she’s glitchy then they should fix her, not remove basic things about an iconic character. She can’t be moved in but can be called like a dog.

What next? Bring back Mrs Crumplebottom and make her a sweet old lady who hands out sweets to everyone?
One Minute Ninja'd
#3431 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 12:45 PM
Has anyone counted how many new chairs are coming in this pack?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3432 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Has anyone counted how many new chairs are coming in this pack?

2 Living Chairs
1 Loveseat
1 Sofa
1 Dining Chair

It’s honestly super weird that there’s 2 living room sets ( ) and there’s no designated desk chair for the desk or a new bed.

I do like the dining chair in the pack. It gives me cafe vibes. I also think this is the first pack to really lean into the the fact that TS4’s 1st base game hood is in Louisiana.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#3433 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 2:41 PM
The TS4 overlords are subverting again.

I think a lot of people voted for this pack so they could play as Grim, it had nothing to do with Bonehilda.  I find it bizarre that for as much time and effort that has been spent trying to make TS3 the Spawn of Satan of the sims franchise, people are suddenly 'losing their minds' because Bonehilda was added.  Somehow adding a already glitchy NPC from TS3 to TS4 magically makes all the problems go away.  Is EA handing out shots of Kool Aid with this pack because nobody in their right mind actually believes any of this horse and pony show.

Yes, Bonehilda should be fixed. She should have been fixed for TS3 as well, but this is EA.  Fixing stuff is too expensive; just ask any console player about the skintone updates. Maybe not because they haven't gotten any. So much for that whole inclusive thing. Instead EA has crawled into bed with Sony and is telling people to buy a PS5 to make TS4 run better.  EA and their minions have so much love and respect for this community, NOT!

There is a joke among certain circles in the financial world about how nobody should give Sally Mae a room in their house as she'll never leave. TS4 overlords won't leave either unless people kick them out.

*Sally Mae for those that don't know is a US federal student loan program. Interest rates on said loans can get as high as 20% and higher in some cases.

I think you mean Sallie Mae?
Instructor
#3434 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 6:30 PM
With all of the things happening around the UK lately, I would think you have better things to concern yourself with other than whether a person posts a typo of "y" instead of "ie", but to answer your question, yes, that is what I meant.  Getting after a guru who injects God into tweets when it isn't appropriate which it never is especially coming from EA, and treating a 'y' the same way is a bit over the top IMO.

If you really need something to do, you could teach the masses the difference between the words "lose" and "loose".  People don't loose a baseball game unless they are referring to all team members have diarrhea or something.  Then there is the lack of commas, paragraphs, capitalization and the morons that think people actually read crap that is posted in all caps.

I'm glad we had this TED talk.

What on earth are you writing about? I do expect we in the uk haven't heard that expression before and might so a search for it though.
I am finding the US TV more interesting at the moment though as your problems are much greater than ours and will affect the whole world. Our leaders keep us up to date every day here so we are just getting on with things in the same boring way.

Keep safe!
dodgy builder
#3435 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 2:45 AM
Finally something I can say 100% I'm not going to buy, not even for the furniture.
Forum Resident
#3436 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 3:43 AM
I just buy it too keep the collection full in case i did decide too play it
Field Researcher
#3437 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 6:54 AM
I think about how funny it is that I collected every pack (stuff and expansions) of Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3 - but I am - intentionally I might add - missing 3 packs of Sims 4 to date. What has my world come to.
Smeg Head
#3438 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
I think about how funny it is that I collected every pack (stuff and expansions) of Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3 - but I am - intentionally I might add - missing 3 packs of Sims 4 to date. What has my world come to.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought I wrote this myself! Though I stopped at Uni, so I think that''s a record four (and growing) number for me. I have to say though it is not just the lackluster effort, the shallow, tired, regurgitated game play and the endless onslaught of clumsy patching with an incredulously unbelievable amount of (otherwise avoidable) breakages due to said patches, no, all that alone did not stop my religious purchasing. The final straw for that aching camel's back was when they announced a reality tv show, giving 100k to a winning Game Changer who can cry the most about the sims on Youtube. Snap, that camel is now dead and its corpse lying squarely beside that dead horse they continue to flog. And I will not be giving them another penny of mine for them to do the same again until they apologies to the greater sims community for making such a farce of a once beloved franchise and mocking the intelligence of a once large proportion of fans who had to bare witness to this mindless yet willful dumbing-down of the franchise. Hell freezes over, right?

But yeah, other than that, I'm exactly like you.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
#3439 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 7:59 AM
Bonehilda was copied straight out of jungle adventures.
Instructor
#3440 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
If I didn't know any better, I would have thought I wrote this myself! Though I stopped at Uni, so I think that''s a record four (and growing) number for me.

This statement just led me to the discovery that you retired from modding! I had no idea you left! I more than understand why you chose to, but I just want you to know how thankful I am for all that you created.

You have my earnest admiration for how long you stuck it out. I'm a mod author for Skyrim, and the pressure has been building for me to release an update for one of my mods in a timely fashion. I swear I got into it for the fun challenge it provided and the pleasure of sharing my efforts with others, but the modding community is so different on the Nexus. It's like some sort of elite club that I grow more and more disenchanted with by the hour.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Smeg Head
#3441 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty

So much so you'll probably smell the musk and funk of the jungle on her when she is summoned. "I don't have a coffin, you say? The jungle IS my coffin."

The real test will come when this Ghostbuster wannabe pack is released and Origin accidentally-on-purpose put in a message that you need to have Jungle Adventures installed before purchasing. If it worked for Batuu and My First Pet???

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3442 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty

The Skeleton Assistant was supposed to be a replacement for Bonehilda but fans didn’t think it was enough. I didn’t care. I still think her being summoned instead of needing a coffin is fine.

What I actually don’t like about the pack is needing to talk to an NPC to be a Paranormal Investigator. Just add it to the career menu.

I hate the whole career system. I knew it was crap when they added Writing, Painting, and Secret Agent, and Astronaut, and before Military, Science, Athletic, Medicine, and Business.

You know... an umbrella career... with different tiered jobs in them... so you could be an astronaut... in the military career... because being an astronaut takes time...

One Minute Ninja'd
#3443 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 1:30 PM
I wonder how much stuff gets messed up for this patch.
Field Researcher
#3444 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The Skeleton Assistant was supposed to be a replacement for Bonehilda but fans didn’t think it was enough. I didn’t care. I still think her being summoned instead of needing a coffin is fine.

What I actually don’t like about the pack is needing to talk to an NPC to be a Paranormal Investigator. Just add it to the career menu.

I hate the whole career system. I knew it was crap when they added Writing, Painting, and Secret Agent, and Astronaut, and before Military, Science, Athletic, Medicine, and Business.

You know... an umbrella career... with different tiered jobs in them... so you could be an astronaut... in the military career... because being an astronaut takes time...

All I’m saying is bonehilda is a pretty blatant copy-paste of JA skeletons. Different outfit, big whoop. The rest is exactly the same.

Sims 4 has dumb careers I’ll agree. Ghost hunter is coming in a stuff pack so it’s likely to be super lame whether it’s in the career menu or not. Restricting it out of the career menu is probably a conscious design choice to extend a short experience with no replay value.
Scholar
#3445 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 9:30 PM
Honestly I don't mind how you get the career, I think it sounds pretty cool that you have to talk to a ghost to get it. I never played with bonehilda so I'm not sure I care either way, but I guess a coffin would have been cool, but to me the seance table makes sense in a way. I dunno.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#3446 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 4:12 PM
Bonehilda doesn’t necessarily need her coffin, but she does absolutely need her idles:
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3447 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 6:26 PM
Fixed the link for @jje1000
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3448 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Honestly I don't mind how you get the career, I think it sounds pretty cool that you have to talk to a ghost to get it. I never played with bonehilda so I'm not sure I care either way, but I guess a coffin would have been cool, but to me the seance table makes sense in a way. I dunno.

Because ghosts are summoned with seances, not skeletons. Skeletons, naturally, are in coffins.

Sure, it’s different but it’s a lazy copy-paste with a CAS asset.

Scholar
#3449 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Because ghosts are summoned with seances, not skeletons. Skeletons, naturally, are in coffins.

Sure, it’s different but it’s a lazy copy-paste with a CAS asset.

Yeah it would make sense if you did the summoning with the table but the skeletons lived in the coffin and came out of it.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#3450 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 11:34 PM
At first, I thought why people are making a big deal of bonehilda not move-able in. Than it came to me this could mean she would only stay on the lot for 5 sec before leaving/disappearing.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 138 of 141