Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#25951 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is there any way to search a person's Tumblr? I really hate CC that's uploaded to Tumblr, because you can have to search through 10 pages before you find what you're looking for.

You can append "/search/(thing you want to search for)" without the brackets to their url and it will show results. It can be difficult to find posts a lot of the time though, I've had a lot of times where I know I reblogged something and didn't tag it, but nothing I search will make it show up.
You can also go to "/archive" and it will show you an overview of every post they've made, and you can filter by post type. It can make scrolling through the blog looking for one specific thing a lot easier if the search functions fail you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#25952 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 4:10 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jan 2021 at 3:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is there any way to search a person's Tumblr? I really hate CC that's uploaded to Tumblr, because you can have to search through 10 pages before you find what you're looking for.

Sometimes they'll have a CC or Download side-tag for their downloads, and if they know how to tag their downloads properly (and I sincerely wish more people did this PROPERLY) all their downloads should show if you click this.

Usually people tag their downloads with TS2cc, sims2cc, s2cc, or some variant of this. If you find one of their downloads and click one of these tags, this should make more of their downloads pop up. Hopefully they have at least one tag they've used for all of their downloads (using different tags for all downloads is just annoying - for those who do that, please start using the same one(s) every time, so all downloads will show if you click one of these links, or you're just making life harder for everyone).

Some will also use tags for things like Clothes, FemaleHair, [creatorname], etc.
(That's fine too, but keep that main "TS2cc" kind of tag as well, or it's a nightmare to find the downloads in general)

And please don't use the spesific download tags for other things. Download tags should be for downloads, and just for downloads. Not for pictures, WIPs, WCIFs, finds, etc. Those should also be tagged appropriately so they show up as such.

Tags are only useful if they're used somewhat sparingly but with a clear intent. Tags for funsies can be used elsewhere, and not tagging at all if there's more than 5 pages to go through is just annoying...
Mad Poster
#25953 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 7:00 AM
Yeah, most people tag 'downloads' or 'Sims 2', but it's still very hard to find stuff when they have a lot of CC. A lot of people don't tag further like 'female adult clothes'.
Scholar
#25954 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 1:11 AM
I know that messing with NPC's like PT, Santa, Old Man etc etc is bad but still, dumb question incoming (I am prepared for a lecture LOL)....

I want to change the PT father of my two children that are in the Curious family (Vidcund & Pascal's babies). Currently, they are both children of the Maxis PT & I don't like that. I want to change the PT to one of my Multi PTs (using SimPE).

Thanks!

Edit: Just had a look in SimPE and the Multi PT's aren't even visible so that was a waste of time.. I mean, I could always just pick one at random I guess. LOL. I'll still wait for an answer though because I'm curious.
Mad Poster
#25955 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 2:22 AM
You could probably just summon the PTs to the lot using a teleporter and change the family relationships with the Sim Blender. It won't change their genetics, however. You would probably need to summon both the custom PT and the Maxis PT and clear the family relationship to the Maxis PT. They will be in the Default family. I don't believe this should cause any problems in your game, as long as you get rid of the PTs as soon as you change the family relationship, and don't set any other relationship flags or values with them.
Scholar
#25956 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You could probably just summon the PTs to the lot using a teleporter and change the family relationships with the Sim Blender. It won't change their genetics, however. You would probably need to summon both the custom PT and the Maxis PT and clear the family relationship to the Maxis PT. They will be in the Default family. I don't believe this should cause any problems in your game, as long as you get rid of the PTs as soon as you change the family relationship, and don't set any other relationship flags or values with them.

Never thought of doing it that way! I've always thought that teleporting the PTs to the lot would corrupt my game. So I'm guessing that isn't the case if you keep the game paused whilst doing the changes.. Interesting. I have all of my objects.package files read-only (does that even help?) & a backup of the hood sorted. About the genetics, I was going to use a clone of the custom PT & Pascal/Vidcund to create a genetically correct child and replace the facial structure (and make it genetic). Then I'll just make those cloned Sims into townies or something after changing their faces and stuff. Thanks kestrellyn! :D
Mad Poster
#25957 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 2:49 AM
What corrupts the game when messing with universal characters is changing the data that would be defined in their character file, which is actually in objects.package. Relationship data is stored in the neighborhood file, though, so that is fine to change, and summoning them to the lot doesn't actually change any data at all, as long as they are not allowed to wonder around the lot and do things. You can actually even form normal relationships with e.g. Mrs. Crumplebottom and it doesn't corrupt anything because all that relationship data is in the neighborhood file, and actually, changing the data of custom PTs should not corrupt objects.package because they are not defined in there. However, it's always a good idea to mark objects.package as read-only, just in case.
Lab Assistant
#25958 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 5:49 AM Last edited by yourfriendmichelle : 14th Jan 2021 at 5:36 PM.
Hi, this may sound silly, but I'm planning to upload a neighborhood soon and included in one teen sim's bedroom is a small poster I made of Nirvana. Kurt has his middle finger up though, and I just realised that may cross a line... Would that be too vulgar to upload here?

(Question resolved, I removed the link to the image just in case)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25959 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 10:20 AM
@yourfriendmichelle
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti..._allowed_on_MTS
Hmmm, I would ask this question on the Site questions forum:
https://modthesims.info/f/24/
Lab Assistant
#25960 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 3:51 PM
@simsample
Thanks for the reply. I've read all the guidelines (I think) and I decided maybe it is best to just exclude it alltogether, I'll use a different one.
Mad Poster
#25961 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 2:17 AM
I removed 2 mods (searching for one that causes miscarriages); when started up game CC were disabled (& the dialog enabled), my hood camera was "gone); I redownloaded. Now those stupid square shadows - tried changing graphics performance to med - it didn't work! Even turning shadows OFF didn't work. Saw a mod, that requires some other stuff. Suggestions?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#25962 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 2:44 AM
^ Cameras and game settings are saved in the "Cameras" and "Config" folders in the saved game (Documents/TS2) folder, and not sure about that shadow issue (could be mod-related or GraphicRules) but if other things have been changed in your game it almost sounds like your game or parts of your game have been reset (possibly deleted and/or removed files that got reset when you reloaded your game?). Sure your Neighborhoods folder is fine? Any recent game crashes, unsaved settings, computer crashes, or any of the sort? Maybe check if you have an overactive antivirus while you're at it.

If you have a recent backup you might want to restore this one if anything important like the Neighborhoods folder has been affected.
Mad Poster
#25963 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 3:07 AM
simmer22: everything else seems OK, and don't even know what caused the little issues I'm having. Guess for now I'll see if I can play with that stupid black void under every Sim...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#25964 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 6:11 AM
I don't know why EA forces players to use money cheats if their sims aren't having any luck finding the right jobs when installing a welfare Mod fixed that issue which should've been inlcuded in the game as shipped because cheating money up isn't realistic and ruins a storyline.It can also lead to householdes dying off because it ends up taking too long to find jobs.
I'm just lucky to have found that welfare Mod and fix something EA neglected to include in the base game which is meant to be a life simulator and should've included things like welfare systems and ability to give any child from baby to child age up for adoption if they find they couldn't take care of the child.
Theorist
#25965 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I don't know why EA forces players to use money cheats if their sims aren't having any luck finding the right jobs when installing a welfare Mod fixed that issue which should've been inlcuded in the game as shipped because cheating money up isn't realistic and ruins a storyline.It can also lead to householdes dying off because it ends up taking too long to find jobs.
I'm just lucky to have found that welfare Mod and fix something EA neglected to include in the base game which is meant to be a life simulator and should've included things like welfare systems and ability to give any child from baby to child age up for adoption if they find they couldn't take care of the child.

1)The newspaper gives each adult/teenage Sim in a household 3 options for guaranteed employment (and a computer bumps that up to 5), even if that means the Sims have to temporarily work jobs they don't wish or have a LTW for, it's still guaranteed employment and money.. So no there is no danger of "households dying off" because they can't find employment, at all. They can always change into the "right jobs" later onwhenever those are available in the paper/computer.
2)Even if a Sim is not employed they can do a lot of things to earn money: dig for things, beach comb, paint, write novels, playing instruments on community lots or doing another job there...
3)If very desperate they can even sell off the paint on their walls.

In Sims 2 it's already incredibly easy to earn money, I don't see any reason for a built-in, official Well fare feature.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#25966 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
1)The newspaper gives each adult/teenage Sim in a household 3 options for guaranteed employment (and a computer bumps that up to 5), even if that means the Sims have to temporarily work jobs they don't wish or have a LTW for, it's still guaranteed employment and money.. So no there is no danger of "households dying off" because they can't find employment, at all. They can always change into the "right jobs" later on whenever those are available in the paper/computer.
2)Even if a Sim is not employed they can do a lot of things to earn money: dig for things, beach comb, paint, write novels, playing instruments on community lots or doing another job there...
3)If very desperate they can even sell off the paint on their walls.

In Sims 2 it's already incredibly easy to earn money, I don't see any reason for a built-in, official Well fare feature.

In my game, I only use the Welfare table if the pixel gets unaccountably fired, and they need the money to keep food on the table. I try not to do the listed things above because not all pixels are as ambitious as playing on community lots (or are even that talented!), or to dig for treasure.

The Welfare table I use is modified to be a very low rate of funds, so they're not going to get rich off it-more like $40 a day, for one pixel and maybe $20 extra for the kids.
That's more realistic than the original mod.

But it is indeed very easy to earn money in the game. I wish I could do the same!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#25967 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
In my game, I only use the Welfare table if the pixel gets unaccountably fired, and they need the money to keep food on the table. I try not to do the listed things above because not all pixels are as ambitious as playing on community lots (or are even that talented!), or to dig for treasure.

The Welfare table I use is modified to be a very low rate of funds, so they're not going to get rich off it-more like $40 a day, for one pixel and maybe $20 extra for the kids.
That's more realistic than the original mod.

But it is indeed very easy to earn money in the game. I wish I could do the same!

Oh don't worry I wasn't speaking against people implement welfare mods or house rules, just against the statement that Maxis should have included a welfare feature in the game because otherwise "households are in danger of dying off, because they can't find employment" or that they are "forced to use the money cheat", when really in the Vanilla game your Sims will always find readily available jobs and changing careers is also possible at any point and many other methods of making money are, theoretically available.
If somebody has their Sims starve rather than temporarily take up a career that doesn't fit their LTW/wants then that's the player's fault, not that of the developers.

If somebody only wants their Sims to be in specific careers there's also mods like the job notice baord: https://modthesims.info/d/304689/jo...g-pet-jobs.html where you can instantly choose any career.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#25968 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 3:41 PM
Out of curiosity, does anybody know why my sims have mid to low Environment score when they're in (community) swimming pools? Is this normal? They have lights, diving boards etc. One pool is 14x8 and the other is 8x4 and has the lower score. The environment goes back up when they get out
Field Researcher
#25969 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 3:52 PM
Stupid question:

Is it ok to download an item that is made for a higher game version than I have? I have Super Collection and I want to add some appliances which are made for Freetime. I actually have had these in my previous game that only worked up to Bon Voyage, though I'm wondering if this could corrupt my game? Or does it just mean that the appliances are compatible with all EPs up until FT?

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#25970 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yourfriendmichelle
Out of curiosity, does anybody know why my sims have mid to low Environment score when they're in (community) swimming pools? Is this normal? They have lights, diving boards etc. One pool is 14x8 and the other is 8x4 and has the lower score. The environment goes back up when they get out

As I understood environment is calculated by 6 squares around a sim in outdoor area. In the middle of swimming pool it is really low but I noticed near sliding and diving board and lights it goes higher.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#25971 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Stupid question:

Is it ok to download an item that is made for a higher game version than I have? I have Super Collection and I want to add some appliances which are made for Freetime. I actually have had these in my previous game that only worked up to Bon Voyage, though I'm wondering if this could corrupt my game? Or does it just mean that the appliances are compatible with all EPs up until FT?
No, this will most likely make the game crash.  You will want to find the pre-FT versions.
Mad Poster
#25972 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Stupid question:

You can try, but it's possible you'll get some errors. I think it's possible to "downgrade" some items by doing various edits in SimPE, but it could depend which items were used for the cloning process (also not sure about fridges). Are you sure there isn't a non-FT version? Some creators still have BG or non-FT versions as an option.

It should be possible to make a BG/non-FT version, though.
Field Researcher
#25973 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
No, this will most likely make the game crash.  You will want to find the pre-FT versions.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You can try, but it's possible you'll get some errors. I think it's possible to "downgrade" some items by doing various edits in SimPE, but it could depend which items were used for the cloning process (also not sure about fridges). Are you sure there isn't a non-FT version? Some creators still have BG or non-FT versions as an option.

It should be possible to make a BG/non-FT version, though.

I'm looking at Veranka's Back to Retro 3t2 Kitchen conversion. I'd also like some of her other conversions, but they're some for FT as well. I actually had the FT version of the appliances in my BV game before on my old Mac. I also have downloaded all of Shastakiss' Founder's Day 2018 creations at GoS for example, should I remove the stuff as well cause I'm not certain about the compatibility?

I'm not familiarized with SimPE, I am actually planning on downloading it (though I've seen some stuff about versions and got confused) and run it on Parallels. Just not sure which version to get.

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#25974 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 7:37 PM
^ You most likely need some kind of emulator to run SimPE, whichever version. I don't think there is a Mac version.
As for which to use? No idea. Not sure if they're backwards compatible, but I think so? I think most would be able to extract the mesh and recolors and any other items.

Not sure if fridges have extra functions between BG and BV, but it's possible - if not, you could try making it BG compatible (but I can't guarantee anything, and it could depend whether the fridge was cloned from a BG item or not) - https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...tible_Checklist.

If you have to remake it, making it compatible with your current game should be fine.
Forum Resident
#25975 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 8:53 PM
Fridges picked up Make Meal and Make Many in OFB, then Get/Store Leftovers in Seasons, so Trambling would probably want to account for those functions.
Page 1039 of 1345