Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Food Interactions (Update 19th March 2024)

by TheFoodGroup Posted 20th Jan 2016 at 2:30 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2024 at 11:11 AM by TheFoodGroup : New Resources

1033 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 821 Feedback Posts, 211 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 42
Lab Assistant
#251 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ready4luv
I have tested the pies by Leniad (not sure if they are in this group or not since name is not posted) and I am able to make and eat them. I didn't test the pizzas since Necrodog said they needed updating. The title for the Carrot cupcakes are missing from the custom food menu for the baking in the stove option. I don't have any other foods in my game at this time.

Have you tried the pies with toddlers? (He is not a member of this group but as a guest member his recipes were included.) Icemunmun and I noticed (after she post the comment above) that all of our custom foods were affected by the patch regardless of using EA meshes/object tunings. Adults may seem okay, but toddlers have an animation glitch with the old versions of the foods.
Test Subject
#252 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:10 PM Last edited by ready4luv : 16th Jan 2017 at 12:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ohmysims
Have you tried the pies with toddlers? (He is not a member of this group but as a guest member his recipes were included.) Icemunmun and I noticed (after she post the comment above) that all of our custom foods were affected by the patch regardless of using EA meshes/object tunings. Adults may seem okay, but toddlers have an animation glitch with the old versions of the foods.

Thank you for responding. I have not tested it with toddlers and will asap and report back.

Update: I tested all of his pies with my toddler and had no problem at all. I didn't see any glitches anytime or with different ones. However, I was getting major lag and when I took out the custom food mod it stopped. So I am going to take all custom food and this mod out until updated. Thank you for your hard work.
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ready4luv
I tested all of his pies with my toddler and had no problem at all. I didn't see any glitches anytime or with different ones. However, I was getting major lag and when I took out the custom food mod it stopped.

(1) No, there IS an animation glitch with ALL the custom foods made before the toddler patch. This happens when toddlers eat foods on a couch or the floor. I tested one of Leniad's pies (see the pic.)
(2) I don't think custom food/drink mod or broken recipes cause lag. I haven't experienced any lag before/after fixing recipes.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#254 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 6:22 PM
I'm writing this here instead of posting the same thing to all my food threads. I am aware that ALL my custom foods are broken (because I edited object tuning for chopsticks), and of course working on fixes. But please be patient this will take awhile. It's been only 1 or 2 day since the path was out and I have a life outside of this game like all of you.

By the way, the custom food interaction script itself still works fine. So, although all my foods are broken, the chances are that some other foods still work since patch.

So happy that you posted here, always glad to have you all leave messages, so we know there will be a fix eventually.
I cant wait till my sims can seem to enjoy "normal" life. Have been having to avoid the in-game restaurants since they all serve mostly custom food
there is sadly a lot of tuning mods out there that have totally went kaput after the toddler update.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#255 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 8:08 PM
You probably need updating, of the return of small children to play, because the dishes work and can be created, but the error which was once the clicking on the options, for example, hang up or eat it sim hangs (becomes position of the bug)
Icy Spicy
#256 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 8:31 PM
We are in the process of updating the individual food recipes. Since there are a lot of recipes to fix it is taking a lot of time.Please be patient, we will update as soon as we can.
Test Subject
#257 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 9:12 PM
Do we know if the "use oven to make cupcakes" is working ok? I took all the custom foods out but I know that mod uses the custom food animation interaction mod, so wasn't sure if also is causing problems.
Test Subject
#258 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 10:59 PM
(1) No, there IS an animation glitch with ALL the custom foods made before the toddler patch. This happens when toddlers eat foods on a couch or the floor. I tested one of Leniad's pies (see the pic.)
(2) I don't think custom food/drink mod or broken recipes cause lag. I haven't experienced any lag before/after fixing recipes.

Ok wow, I didn't experience any of that at all in my game...not saying others aren't as your pic shows you are. But I did experience the lag issue I checked it multiple times with only this mod in my game and YES for me it lags. Once I take it out it the lag stops. I have no reason to give misinformation I was just trying to help by reporting what I was experiencing and which recipes were working as asked to.

Anyway I'll just patiently wait for things to get updated as I enjoy what you guys do so its worth the wait.
Test Subject
#259 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 4:07 PM
I found a bug in you mod while trying to place the food stand from City Living. I took the custom food recipes out the game and the bug persisted until I took the core mod off too. Would you take a look at it?
Icy Spicy
#260 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caliope_
I found a bug in you mod while trying to place the food stand from City Living. I took the custom food recipes out the game and the bug persisted until I took the core mod off too. Would you take a look at it?

Can you tell us what exactly is happening ?Is the food stand getting resetted or becoming unselectable ? I will try to reproduce the bug if you tell me what it is and what action is triggering it .
Test Subject
#261 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Can you tell us what exactly is happening ?Is the food stand getting resetted or becoming unselectable ? I will try to reproduce the bug if you tell me what it is and what action is triggering it .

Sure! When I try to place the food stand, it doesn't complete the action, my Sim just open her arms and the action disappears, the food stand remains in the inventory and I can't sell the food.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#262 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 7:41 PM
I haven't noticed any lag issues. And the custom food works fine with all the other sims. As far as I am concerned take your time fixing and don't stress yourself. It is easy enough to just give the tots regular food until the issue is fixed.
Icy Spicy
#263 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
I haven't noticed any lag issues. And the custom food works fine with all the other sims. As far as I am concerned take your time fixing and don't stress yourself. It is easy enough to just give the tots regular food until the issue is fixed.

Ah...thank you for the kind words! I will upload the updated recipes after the vampire patch (as that patch may also cause changes to the game files!)

Sure! When I try to place the food stand, it doesn't complete the action, my Sim just open her arms and the action disappears, the food stand remains in the inventory and I can't sell the food.

You mean the shop stand/table right? i could not reproduce the error. It can be placed from the inventory and restocked and tended. I have attached some pictures!

Can anybody tell me whether they are having this issue as well? there may be other factors/variables I am missing out on? Or perhaps you are talking about the foodcarts? But those cannot be placed in the inventory (unmodded)
Screenshots
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#264 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 2:58 PM
@icemunmun there will be no other patch for the vampires pack.
from official site: @SimGuruMegs actually said on Twitter that this was the pre-Vampires patch - there won't be another before that.
Test Subject
#265 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
You mean the shop stand/table right? i could not reproduce the error. It can be placed from the inventory and restocked and tended. I have attached some pictures!

Can anybody tell me whether they are having this issue as well? there may be other factors/variables I am missing out on? Or perhaps you are talking about the foodcarts? But those cannot be placed in the inventory (unmodded)

I can place it inside my sims house too, but not outside on the park. Did you manage to place it on the flea market event? It was where I had the problem.
Icy Spicy
#266 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
@icemunmun there will be no other patch for the vampires pack.
from official site: @SimGuruMegs actually said on Twitter that this was the pre-Vampires patch - there won't be another before that.

I just learnt about it just today...and i have updated all my custom food + driniks + candies + harvestables

Thanks for the info
Icy Spicy
#267 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 8:53 PM
I can place it inside my sims house too, but not outside on the park. Did you manage to place it on the flea market event? It was where I had the problem.

I will have to check that but there is no code in FIS which actually affects the shop stand. But i will still check!
Lab Assistant
#268 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 3:06 AM
Custom Food Interactions v2.1 - Spanish translation (updated)
Hello TheFoodGroup team!
Here's my newest spanish translation!

Thanks for update!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Custom Food Interactions v2.1 - Spanish.rar (552 Bytes, 12 downloads)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#269 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 4:32 AM
TTHanks foor working on this? Are the ethnic asian foods like SUshi and Zaru Soba and the Ramen updated? Or are all the chopsticks recipes still broken?
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gato_24

@gato_24: Hello gato! Thank you so much for taking your time to translate the STBL. Unfortunately, it's been awhile we stopped using S4PE to update STBL because the old method makes it really complicated to keep the STBL (of our WIP version) up to date. Also we've added a lot more new custom STBL to the mod since last version. If it isn't too much to ask, can you translate them again? You can either directly post the texts in the comment box, or make a text file and attach it here.

Followings are the STBL for the upcoming version. If anyone else is interested in translating them, too, you are more than welcome.
Test Subject
#271 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gato_24
Hello TheFoodGroup team!

Thanks for update!

Hi all. Tell me how to install the update on this mod, and that donkey latest updates food does not work
Test Subject
#272 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 3:58 AM
Hi, first of all, thanks for the amazing mod! Second of all, my sims don't eat the food, they only cook and there's no option for them to eat it, can you help me how to fix that, or that normal?
Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#273 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veronica.c.oliveira
my sims don't eat the food, they only cook and there's no option for them to eat it, can you help me how to fix that, or that normal?

Have you updated all the food recipes as well as this core mod? All the food recipes were affected by the toddler patch and needed to be fixed.
Test Subject
#274 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:05 AM
Have you updated all the food recipes as well as this core mod? All the food recipes were affected by the toddler patch and needed to be fixed.

I don't have the toddler patch yet, mine isn't original. Until I update will not work?
Lab Assistant
#275 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veronica.c.oliveira
I don't have the toddler patch yet, mine isn't original. Until I update will not work?

Yes, the custom food/drink interaction scripts and all (updated) recipes no longer support the previous game versions.
Page 11 of 42