Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Haunted Gravestones with Ghostly Servants

by Sophie-David Posted 4th Jan 2020 at 4:57 AM - Updated 4th Jan 2020 at 7:58 PM by Sophie-David : Correcting the Description.

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 11:54 AM
This is awesome! Now one can make/create a functional cemetery as a restaurant or popular tourist attraction, and witout having to tip the servers!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 4:40 PM
Wow! You make such elegant and complex mods; I'm impressed!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 5:38 PM
Amazing. Now Olive can get some help around the house.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 6:15 PM
I cannot imagine the work you must have put into this, SD. Absolutely great idea, I can't wait to give the Goths a ghostly Maid! Many, many thanks!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 6:36 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 3:41 PM
This looks great! Thanks for the ghostly servant controllers.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 1:05 AM
These qualify as nannies?
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 7:42 AM Last edited by Sophie-David : 7th Jan 2020 at 10:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimCryptic
These qualify as nannies?

SimCryptic - unfortunately, no, they do not qualify as nannies. Even though they make great companions for children when in social mode, these Servants are still NPCs rather than full family members - and they are not designated as Nanny NPCs either. The game will complain if your playable older Sims try to leave the children alone with the Ghostly Servants.

However, my next project - hopefully not too far from release - creates a character who is based on a Townie rather than an NPC. Although this character will not take care of a baby or toddler properly, he or she does count as a responsible adult whom players can leave the older children with, to the delight of the children!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Jan 2020 at 12:15 PM
This is so cool, thanks for sharing.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jan 2020 at 6:38 PM
You're welcome.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 12:11 AM
I've dropped a stone on a lot and had many many servants spawn, most set to auto serve food. I'll run conflict detector and pass on any relevant results.
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimCryptic
I've dropped a stone on a lot and had many many servants spawn, most set to auto serve food. I'll run conflict detector and pass on any relevant results.
What kind of lot? If auto-serve is happening, I assume it is Community or Business? Which of the three gravestones and servants is affected, Maid, Server or Host?

I'll need to try to replicate your game environment to be able to fix this, because this is something I have not seen. And there is a built-in routine that should wipe away even one extra NPC if that occurs.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 11:53 PM
Maid stone, community land a vacation home ot, was spitting out servers and maids. And then I pulled then reinstalled everything, ran conflict detector with clean results and it had since been behaving so far on res lots. Haven't tried community.

I realized that I had only installed the maid stone and hadn't set a ghost type, so there is a high chance it was just user error.
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 6:08 PM
Thank you for checking this out, SimCryptic. It occurred to me that if you have a Visitor Controller it might try to overrlde the functions of the gravestones - but in any event it seems that all is well.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Amazing. Now Olive can get some help around the house.

Dang it, you beat me to it!

Seriously, this is amazing
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 9:59 PM
I don't know if this is due to a mod conflict, I only have the better stuff updates - but it was working fine until i reloaded the save and now suddenly every NPC that visits the lot floats and wears the maid uniform. lol
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 7:46 PM
The ghosts never serve food unless I influence them to and be extra careful with toddlers! One server was carrying my toddler and then disappeared and the toddler with it! Never have gotten the kid back!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 7:15 PM
Wow! What an accomplishment and thanks for sharing.

Question: Will the ghosts wear the "Sunni NPC commoners" uniforms if it is in the downloads folder as well? I know you said it was "compatible", but does that mean it changes the uniforms of your ghosts to commoners uniforms. I hope it does because I strictly play medieval themed sims.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 6:57 PM
This project is so amazing, thank you so much for creating it and sharing it!! I can't wait to try it out!!!