Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smarter Robot Vacuum

by BraveSim Posted 6th Aug 2019 at 4:29 PM - Updated 19th Sep 2019 at 8:13 AM by BraveSim : Confirmed mod is up to date with latest patch (no re-download needed)

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 7:33 PM
Thank you so much for this! I will actually start using the robot vacuum again. Seemed pointless before.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 7:41 PM
First better Sims emptying trash, then no rain mopping, and now this. Do you have my saves folder or something? Because you're making all the mods I need exactly!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 7:05 AM
Brilliant! thank you once again
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 6:51 PM
YAAAS !!!!! I love the addition of these vacs, but I HATE how ineffective they are! Thank you for making this!!! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 10:46 PM
Thank you so much! I was waiting for someone to make and share this mod!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 9:38 PM
Thank God, some common sense! Thank you!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 2:40 PM
Thank you, Can't wait to use it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 3:51 PM
Thank you so much for this brilliant mod
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 10:31 PM
Yess, mini maid now useful
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 11:51 AM
Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 12:31 AM
Thank you so much!

My poor sim has her hands full with her triplets (toddlers) and her work already, then she has these two hairy cats leaving fur piles around, everything's so messy, maid service is expensive. Would've loved to use the vacuum but it was useless. Now thanks to you I can use it again, and perhaps my sim will be able to get a little sleep too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 6:23 AM
Thank you! I wish I had found this mod when I was playing a vet sim, it would've been super helpful. Oh well, it's gonna help my overworked mom sim.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 2:41 PM
for the longest time i thought the vacuum was just for show it never cleaned anything so i stopped using it thank you so much for this mod now my Vacuum actually cleans.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 3:20 PM
thanks u sooo much!
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 2:26 AM
I love this mod, but I think a recent update messed with it. When I have the mod in the Mods folder and have the vacuum start a routine, it moves off the dock, scans, and goes right back on the dock. Without the mod it works fine and moves around the house floor.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 10:41 PM
Thank you, can't wait to try this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 9:08 AM
Downloaded a while ago, finally playing a house I can use it on. I love little robot vacuums, I even have one in real life, and they would always be placed in a house that they could be effective in.

I never even realized how inefficient they were, and how effective they could be. I always figured people found them as a little-appreciated gimmick of the Pets pack, a little placeholder until one could afford a maid, and to be honest, I think that's what EA programmed them to be. Before the mod, I had seen them miss a mess in the same room they docked in, which was just a little sad.

But now, with all upgrades and this mod, they are little monsters. Seeking and destroying any mess they can on a floor. I've set them to 6 hour intervals and I never have a mess on the floor anymore.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 1:55 PM
I like this mod, but it doesn't work well after 1.58 patch. That's sad!
Instructor
#20 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ciway
I like this mod, but it doesn't work well after 1.58 patch. That's sad!

What do you mean "it doesn't work well"?
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 7:49 PM
In my case, I can't even place the robot vacuum because it says can only be placed inside. So I guess it thinks I'm trying to place the vacuum outside? I don't know if that is what others are experiencing though.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 12:58 AM
Thanks for a very useful mod
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 9:21 AM
I'm also having issues with the robot vacuums in the game now. This is with or without mods. I don't have a bunch of houses to open and test on, but I figure this is going to be game-wide.

The mod also has an effect on this bad behavior.

After removing this mod (and all mods for that matter), the vacuums will go over, find a mess, play the animation to clean the spot, but the mess will not be removed (tested with garbage and puddles). With this mod, the vacuum will find the mess, go to the spot, pause on the spot, and move on, not having played the animation.

I haven't been able to find much through quick searching, but they seem to be such a niche thing that it is possible it hasn't been noticed by the community as a whole.

If I had any guess at all, it would not surprise me if the recent addition of the Cleaning bots from Discover University has affected the routines these vacuums use as well.
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by turtlbrdr
I'm also having issues with the robot vacuums in the game now. This is with or without mods. I don't have a bunch of houses to open and test on, but I figure this is going to be game-wide.

The mod also has an effect on this bad behavior.

After removing this mod (and all mods for that matter), the vacuums will go over, find a mess, play the animation to clean the spot, but the mess will not be removed (tested with garbage and puddles). With this mod, the vacuum will find the mess, go to the spot, pause on the spot, and move on, not having played the animation.

I haven't been able to find much through quick searching, but they seem to be such a niche thing that it is possible it hasn't been noticed by the community as a whole.

If I had any guess at all, it would not surprise me if the recent addition of the Cleaning bots from Discover University has affected the routines these vacuums use as well.

I got the same results as you did - vacuums go over to the messy spot, pause, and move on without cleaning. I was trying out the robot vacuum on university messes and robot piles, haven't tried it on generic. Hope theres a fix soon.
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loveceres
I got the same results as you did - vacuums go over to the messy spot, pause, and move on without cleaning. I was trying out the robot vacuum on university messes and robot piles, haven't tried it on generic. Hope theres a fix soon.

If you (or anyone reading who has these symptoms) could go over to the bug report forum, and hit the "me too", I have started a topic about this bug. Here

I have tested this bug every which way to Sunday, without mod, without any mods, with mod and I essentially get the same results. I had even removed all mods, and repaired my game through origin.

While under the influence of this mod, it is as described as above, the vacuum routes (successfully 98% of the time), arrives at the mess, pauses, then proceeds to next mess/dock without cleaning it.
Without the mod, the vacuum may find a mess (and testing this bug has only made me appreciate what a crapshoot this is without this mod), and when it finds one, it will travel to the mess, it will play the cleaning animation, but the mess will not be removed.

As far as I'm concerned, while the mod may change the symptoms slightly, it is neither the cause, nor a factor in it.
Page 1 of 3