Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Four Invisible Discernment Mirrors for the Sims 2 & Castaway Stories

by Sophie-David Posted 3rd Jul 2014 at 2:42 AM - Updated 11th Jul 2015 at 11:41 PM by Sophie-David : Bugfix: Nov. 13/14

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 3:49 AM
I have so longed for that "find sim" function in any way possible. Thank you so much!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 1:19 AM
Another very cool upload, thanks for this. :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 3:00 AM
How lovely to have the token--perhaps you know that for those of us who play megahoods the GUIDs for the sims in the subhoods get scrambled, so the EA-made aliens didn't previously register as aliens.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 4:35 AM
Thank you for the encouragement.

No, I didn't know about the megahood problem - but I was fed up with not being able to designate CAS aliens as aliens.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 9:56 PM
Thank you ! :)
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 1:03 AM
You're welcome.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 4:05 AM Last edited by Sophie-David : 14th Nov 2014 at 4:47 AM.
BUGFIX: November 13, 2014

This release fixes a critical problem that caused the game to crash to the desktop if a Luxury Mirror was placed on a lot and the Expensive Mirror was not also present in a Downloads folder. Please be sure update your files with this release. My thanks (and apologies) to StephSim for discovering this destructive error. The Luxury Mirror description is marked "Release 2" to identify this update.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 9:15 PM
I have no idea how this one got under my radar.
I am always looking for more info/census type tools in-game.
Thank you for all your wonderful work.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 6:00 PM
Thank you Neder.

The Dickens mirrors also provide the same information tools if you would prefer a visible object.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 1:56 PM
So this mirror will fix the hidden romance option?
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smangy
So this mirror will fix the hidden romance option?
I'm sorry, I do not know what you are referring to. These mirrors are standalone objects that do not alter or patch any of the game coding.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 7:13 AM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 7:34 AM
Great work!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 7:59 PM
Thank you morgana and kleinheuer.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 11:07 AM
amei
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 7:27 PM
I ONLY want the ability to designate a Sim as ALIEN, so it looks like the Victorian mirrors will be best for me. Assuming any of them will work to provide the menu to provide a token, can I just keep any ONE mirror? And am I correct that Alien trait will be picked up/seen by other Sims who have Alien in their likes/dislikes choices? I think I also have to have the mod that replaces "glasses" with "alien" as a trait.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I ONLY want the ability to designate a Sim as ALIEN, so it looks like the Victorian mirrors will be best for me. Assuming any of them will work to provide the menu to provide a token, can I just keep any ONE mirror? And am I correct that Alien trait will be picked up/seen by other Sims who have Alien in their likes/dislikes choices? I think I also have to have the mod that replaces "glasses" with "alien" as a trait.
Yes, only one Discernment type mirror is necessary. You also need to have my Alien token available in a Downloads folder.

If the alien like/dislike choices use the same EA "Misc Skill - Alien Abduction" token used by the University scholarship application (not my Alien token but the EA built-in one) then the like/dislike choice should work with aliens designated using these mirrors. My coding not only updates my custom token with Alien status, but it also sets the EA "Misc Skill - Alien Abduction" token to the "alien" state. As far as I could determine, EA's only tracker for alien heritage is that "Misc Skill" token, so I suspect that the Alien like/dislike mod would check for the same "Misc Skill". Therefore I would think that my project would be compatible with the mod you are referring to. (I am not familiar with that mod)

Please let me know what you discover on this subject. I would also appreciate a link to the mod you describe.

Thank you for your interesting inquiry.