Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#801 Old 7th Aug 2023 at 4:07 AM Last edited by Buzzbugs : 7th Aug 2023 at 6:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

$40.00 for object sheep, goats and copied objects.

Yeah, I know there is the new world, horses, blah, blah, blah.

EA have got to be kidding ?

Or I should say Maxis, more accurately.

There is no excuse for that copied object..

Edit:

Actually, I think I know why they made the same object twice... If you wanted to size up the smaller one using the size up cheat, it would make the object too large to be usable. I suppose they wanted players to have 2 usable sizes of the same object, since you can't size up object yourself at small enough increments.
Advertisement
Theorist
#802 Old 7th Aug 2023 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzbugs

Edit:

Actually, I think I know why they made the same object twice... If you wanted to size up the smaller one using the size up cheat, it would make the object too large to be usable. I suppose they wanted players to have 2 usable sizes of the same object, since you can't size up object yourself at small enough increments.

You may be right, but being the jaded beast that is I, I can see them doing this exact same thing over and over again with packs going forward. IMO, there were better ways they could have spent their time while adding more to this pack.

They could have added a mechanical bull. Made the NPC farm hand job into a actual career, have horses go to the vet and so the list goes on. These things would have cost money and time, I get that, but those could have been exchanged with the pointless, fluff they added to this pack that give the illusion people were getting a EP.
Scholar
#803 Old 9th Sep 2023 at 6:47 PM
When is Horse Ranch expected to go on sale? I barely even boot up my game anymore even to find out? But possibly the last EP, it would be kind-of nice to complete my set, but I refuse to pay full-price for so little...
Mad Poster
#804 Old 10th Sep 2023 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
When is Horse Ranch expected to go on sale? I barely even boot up my game anymore even to find out? But possibly the last EP, it would be kind-of nice to complete my set, but I refuse to pay full-price for so little...

I am the same. I am waiting for a sale as will not pay full price for it.
Forum Resident
#805 Old 11th Sep 2023 at 1:29 AM
I'd guess at Black Friday? I'm also waiting for it to be in sale before buying.
Mad Poster
#806 Old 12th Sep 2023 at 8:08 PM
There’s a new “neighborly” expansion dropping before the end do the year. I’ll assuming it’s real estate related. How they managed to turn a patch-in feature from Ambitions into a whole pack is besides the point.

The only hints we have are "…building a new home for you and yours or cultivating a local community…" and a sef of house keys.

Idk, but we better get some diverse architectural styles. We have yet to get dedicated Victorian architecture. We just get bits and pieces here and there.

Bed and breakfast? Property management? Small business? Communal living?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#807 Old 13th Sep 2023 at 4:03 AM
The roadmap doesn't sound exciting at all, if that doesn't excite you then there's also a SP devoted to cooking and reciepes.
Scholar
#808 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 3:46 AM
I'm astonished they actually have another Expansion Pack to release this year. I didn't think they would, they've been going so slow with everything nowadays aside from Kits. =/

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#809 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
I'm astonished they actually have another Expansion Pack to release this year. I didn't think they would, they've been going so slow with everything nowadays aside from Kits. =/

your right, 3 EPs in one year, would be a record for the TS4, most years, we only get two, and even some years just one. But without GPs then it's hardly surprising, EA are just after every more profit they can get, and so far this year. they haven't managed to get a single dime out of me..
Mad Poster
#810 Old 16th Sep 2023 at 11:44 PM
I’m going to go deep off the speculation deep end. Walk with me - the Sims 4 version of Open For Business.

1. We're getting some form of a real estate system and we'll be able to purchase residential and community lots, which we van upgrade the value of for simoleons. However, we won't be able to actively manage these lots at all.

If we do, WIN.

2. That being said, we'll probably get a basic set of services or hobbies we can turn into a business on an owned lot.

3. If we don't get buildable apartments, we'll get a smaller scale of communal housing, such as a townhomes or condos - 4 units for 4 families, which can be rented for profit. We MAY be able to act as a landlord for these lots.

4. Cars. There was a car horn in the trailer. That or a city world.

They may be getting apartments out of the way to make room for hotels later.

Mad Poster
#811 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 12:00 AM
And the problem always is in this game that there is pretty much nowhere to build as the lots are so few. If you want to make something new you have to bulldoze something or move to library. And thanks to EA I lost darn near all I had in my library. I had all my Halloween lots in there and poof they are all gone now.
Mad Poster
#812 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 1:31 AM
I'm assuming if the focus is building community, they'll give us a town designed to build up (like Newcrest). If we get apartments/townhouses/whatever, it'll help free up space elsewhere.

Mad Poster
#813 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I'm assuming if the focus is building community, they'll give us a town designed to build up (like Newcrest). If we get apartments/townhouses/whatever, it'll help free up space elsewhere.

They sure should!
Top Secret Researcher
#814 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy

More like Game Packs for the price of Expansion packs?
Mad Poster
#815 Old 18th Sep 2023 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
They sure should!

I'd be okay with "Townhouses" working the way they do in Eco Living/High School years. Set the Unit and build the lot like the auditorium or community center. Enable a family

Mad Poster
#816 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 1:23 PM
What if we get some weird hybrid lot system where lots with basic functionality can be combined or a complex lot can be combined with a simple lot to “save space” while creating more dynamic lots and Sim behavior. A sim wouldn’t exhibit behavior of both lots at once, they’d pick one and switch to another over time (like a Sims would spawn as a customer, then would turn into a Spa/goer, then leave).

Such as:
Library + Café
Spa + Onsen
Retail + Bar
Restaurant + Lounge
Retail + Café
Spa + National Park
Art Center + Community Center
Lounge + Pool

Imagine… Residential + Retail…

Mad Poster
#817 Old 25th Oct 2023 at 9:08 PM
The second apartment pack just leaked.

Features include:
-Owning an apartment

*checks notes*

I feel like were being sold patches (Growing Together), Game Packs (Horse Ranch), and Refreshes (This) as Expansion Packs.

Theorist
#818 Old 25th Oct 2023 at 9:49 PM
My inner conspiracy theorist thinks this is EA's way of getting players used to the idea of being stuck in apartments with Project NayNay.
Forum Resident
#819 Old 26th Oct 2023 at 3:28 AM Last edited by itskatie : 26th Oct 2023 at 3:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The second apartment pack just leaked.

Features include:
-Owning an apartment

I am confusion

Are they selling the ability to own an apartment outside of San Myshuno as its own pack? Because if so, it's My First Pet Stuff all over again...

EDIT: Just looked it up for more information and found a post on Reddit about it. A good chunk of the thread is going gaga over the leak instead of being upset at the fact that a feature that should've been in City Living to begin with is being sold as a separate Expansion Pack.

If they MUST sell it separately instead of...yknow...making it a free patch for those who already own City Living, it should be a Game Pack. They have a really annoying trend right now of selling obvious Game Packs as full Expansion Packs.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#820 Old 26th Oct 2023 at 3:52 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 26th Oct 2023 at 4:06 AM.
The valid hinges on whatever else you can do in town, because city living has a fairly decent apartment system.

The only time I’ve been okay with The Sims team blatantly reusing a feature to flesh out a pack is in Open For Business, due to the team actually adding new gameplay to it.

Whatever, this is the perfect time to FIX the entire elevator system and reintroduce spiral staircases (for small apartments).

I wonder how the UI will work for apartments. I’m Bon Boyage/Apartment Life, the system was seamless. Place down an apartment door, and the work is done for you. In TS3, markers are added to differentiate between different rooms for an ownable apartment. The actual apartment lot in TS3 was a free for all and kinda lazy.

Also, why is the mailbox so big? It shows 40 units.

Field Researcher
#821 Old 26th Oct 2023 at 11:06 AM
I'm not surprised they would try to resell Apartments. When what is mentioned could have been an update patch. Like snooping. Or drama and chaos could be part of an update patch for CL. What is going to be the biggest selling point? Getting neighborly. Maxis is truly out of ideas. A duplex? A townhouse?

Do the people who work there know they have already sold DLC containing apartments and it would have been so much cheaper just to add snooping to the 'neighbors' out in the hallways or through the walls to ease drop.

It's almost like Maxis outsources this game and some other team says hey! Let's sell a pack about apartment life. Eureka!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#822 Old 26th Oct 2023 at 8:27 PM
They still have hundred of years to work ok TS4, so why think of new ideas when you can fix whats broken Ofc people are gaga over this because they’re been supporting this type of crap since day 4-9 (metaphorically). Like how the recent pizza baking stuff pack could been in cool kitchen or saved for later, spa day getting remastered with nail stuff (or maybe it was an update, might be mistalen), and I’m sure there are numerous of other examples but im too lazy to revise the pack list and compare. Most of stuff been split through numerous packs and how most concepts are redudantly shrunk to stuff packs, this doesn’t surprised why EA made it like that (because they’re MOTIVATED and PETTED with our bills we handing to them).

Though I will say I’m suprised a bit they picked up the idea in a second try instead of dropping it because in their minds “how we done it, so why continue?”. Perhaps they surely can’t think of new ideas (or dare I say the scary word “lazy” to develop animating tedious features like connectable water slide parts for Get Splasjing GP venue) that will also manage to make players thrilled for anyone new exciting and enticing stuff?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#823 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 3:17 AM
Property management would have been fine in an expansion pack of other businesses - Own an apartment building, a nightclub, a salon, or whatever, in an urban area of sorts.

Lab Assistant
#824 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 10:00 AM
I really hope that we might get apartments buildable from scratch like in TS2.
Mad Poster
#825 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 4:38 PM
I completely agree, but I can’t imagine how the system would work in TS4.

Page 33 of 48