Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 31st Jul 2020 at 2:42 PM - Viewed 1430 times. Direct link to this thread
5 Comments / replies (Who?) , 19 times favourited , 119 times thanked
Tags: #Sims 4, #Eco, #Lifestyle, #Window, #Windows, #Pack, #Decoration, #Deco, #Slot, #Slots, #Overrides, #Bakie, #BakieGaming
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
For more of a deepdive into the possibilites with these additional deco slots, please click this Youtube Video Link:
Eco Lifestyle - Windows + Deco Slots - Overrides
Eco Lifestyle - Windows + Deco Slots - Overrides
When looking through the objects that came with the Eco Lifestyle expansion pack, I noticed that objects couldn't be placed on the window sills.
As using the Moveobjects on cheat doesn't always work the way I wanted to, I decided to make 13 window overrides with additional small and medium deco slots.
If you want to know for which windows I made an override and to see a few of the small and medium deco slots I've added, take a look at the images. I've also added some example screenshots.
If you want to know the exact number of small and medium deco slots, take a look here (second numbers is for diagonal walls if the objects model differs from that of the straight walls):
- Short, Medium and Tall Angled Box Windows: 6 Small & 2 Medium / 10 Small & 2 Medium
- Stretched Box Window: 52 Small & 17 Medium / 87 Small & 27 Medium
- Box Window: 28 Small & 6 Medium
- Larger Box Window: 63 Small & 29 Medium
- Box Recess Window: 74 Small & 24 Medium
- Box Bevel Window: 16 Medium
- Aquarium Window: 30 Small & 21 Medium
- Short and Medium Wedge Windows: 34 Small & 2 Medium / 50 Small & 2 Medium
Some important things you should know:
- As already mentioned, these windows are overrides. They will still contain their original recolors though. The only thing I've added are additional small and medium deco slots.
- To make them better recognizable as slotted windows in the build menu, I've added a small plant icon to the lower left corner.
- As for those deco slots, remember that objects that fit into small deco slots, will also fit into medium deco slots.
- I've added slots to both the inside as the outside of the windows.
- Not all deco slots are visible on the images, this is because there're some overlapping deco slots too, which give a lot more possibilities when decorating the window sills.
- To get the most possible options to place objects, you do need to activate the 'bb.moveobjects on' cheat, so an object's footprint won't stop other objects to be placed near.
- Some windows will contain multiple rows of deco slots. Sometimes an object has to be placed onto the first row, before being able to start placing objects onto a second row. There're also ocasions that you'll need to switch to the outside of the window to be able to use certain deco slots on the inside of the window.
- Because of the deco slots, objects can be placed onto the window sills on all heights, even when using free placement (holding ALT) while placing a window.
- Another advantage of the deco slots, is that objects placed onto the window sills will move with the window when replacing it (When placed using the moveobjects on cheat on default windows, objects stay at the same place).
- 8 Of the 13 windows contain a second object model for the diagonal walls. As these models are bigger/longer then the straight walls object models, those contain more additional deco slots.
To see examples of all the things mentioned above, take a look at the video!
These mods require the Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack.
They're all overrides, which means they will override the default Eco Lifestyle windows, but still will have all original recolors.
To easily find them, go to the windows section, click the infinity symbol and use the filter option to filter on the Eco Lifestyle pack.
They can be recognized by my "BakieGaming" icon in the lower right corner of the thumbnail.
The costs are exactly the same as the default ones.
Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack
Tested with gameversion: 184.108.40.2060
Custom Content visible on the Thumbnail made by me:
Animated - Angry Gnome
I hope you like these Eco Lifestyle Window + Deco slots overrides and if you do, please leave a comment!
If you want to use it in screenshots or videos, be sure to give me some credit!
>> Want to share my mods? <<
Besides giving me credit and linking back to this page, I would appreciate it if you could add my video instead of (only) the thumbnail.
Thanks to the Sims 4 Studio
Thanks Adobe for making Photoshop
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
#Sims 4, #Eco, #Lifestyle, #Window, #Windows, #Pack, #Decoration, #Deco, #Slot, #Slots, #Overrides, #Bakie, #BakieGaming
The creator also recommends you check the following:
I have also made other CC like Animated Objects/Walls/Floors/Animals, Invisible Dance Floors, Pool Water Recolors, Backdrop Replacements, (Dynamic Light) Objects & Clothing, Unlocked Item Packs and more! To see and or download them, please take a look at my profile page: http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=3751119
Harvestable Corn Stalk + Optional-Popcorn Popper requires Corn Override (Update 16th Oct 2019)