Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 5th Feb 2019 at 1:31 AM - Updated 30th Sep 2019 at 12:46 AM by Sophie-David : Uploaded corrections for the wood textures - Viewed 4935 times. Direct link to this thread
4 Comments / replies (Who?) , 8 times favourited , 39 times thanked
Tags: #picture frame television, #Lady of Shalott, #Elaine's Enchanted Picture, #wall television, #wall TV, #fantasy TV
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
Title: Recolours of Elaine's Enchanted Picture (Television)
September 29, 2019 Update
I discovered yesterday that a texture mapping error had crept in to all seven wood texture recolours. This error caused the wood frames to contain two solid lines where there should have been a wood texture. My apologies. This update corrects these wood textures.
Incidentally, Elaine's Enchanted Picture: The Lady of Shalott was also updated today.
The recent upgrade to Elaine's Enchanted Picture: The Lady of Shalott - a painting that functions as a high-end wall mounted television - allows the object to be completely recolourable. This project provides several frame and screen recolours for this custom object.
Elaine's Enchanted Picture costs Â§8050 and is found in the television section of the catalogue.
I am happy that at long last the Enchanted Picture televison is fully recolourable. In support of this recent upgrade, this project contains ten Lady of Shalott themed pictures and two pictures associated with the default Odalisque and Young Women of Sparta combination frame. In addition, there are five variations on the Odalisque and Spartan frames, three plain metal frames and six wood frames.
1) Frame Recolours - Cherry Wood, Mahogany Wood, Maple Burl Wood, La Grande Odalisque Bronze, La Grande Odalisque Silver, Plain Bronze, Plain Gold, Plain Silver, Red Oak Wood, Santa Maria Wood, Sapele Wood, Spartan Bronze, Spartan Gold, Spartan Silver, Yellow Pine.
2) Picture Recolours - Sophie Anderson "Elaine", Anonymous "Lady of Shalott", Walter Crane "The Lady of Shalott", John Atkinson Grimshaw "Elaine" 1, John Atkinson Grimshaw "Elaine" 2, John Atkinson Grimshaw "The Lady of Shalott", Sidney Paget "Lancillotto ed Elena", Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres "La Grande Odalisque", Rose "Lady of Shalott", William Trego "The Lady of Shalott", John William Waterhouse "The Lady of Shalott", Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot "Young Women of Sparta".
- the picture artwork is in the public domain, freely available at the Wikimedia Commons and The Athenaeum: Sophie Anderson "Elaine", Anonymous "Lady of Shalott", Walter Crane "The Lady of Shalott", John Atkinson Grimshaw "Elaine" 1, John Atkinson Grimshaw "Elaine" 2, John Atkinson Grimshaw "The Lady of Shalott", Sidney Paget "Lancillotto ed Elena", Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres "La Grande Odalisque", Rose, "Lady of Shalott", â€ŽWilliam Trego "The Lady of Shalott", John William Waterhouse "The Lady of Shalott", Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot "Young Women of Sparta"
- the 19th century frame recolours are from Wikimedia Commons: Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres "La Grande Odalisque" and the Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot "Young Women of Sparta". The wooden and plain frames all use basegame textures, and the back of the picture frame is adapted from the back of the basegame "In the Beginning" painting.
The aspect ratio for the Lady of Shalott television screen is 1.80, the same as the basegame "Soma 'Wall-Eye' Large Screen Flat-Panel Television". The default recolour size for the "screen" or picture subset of the Lady of Shalott is 256x512 pixels. When configuring your source texture, I suggest first scaling its width to 512 pixels wide by 284 pixels high. Then scale the height down to 256 pixels, while ensuring that "Maintain Aspect Ratio" option (or equivalent) is disabled. This will ensure that the picture will look undistorted when displayed in The Sims 2.
- Jfade's Compressorizer for minimizing file size
- GIMP 2 and Microsoft Paint for graphics editing, file conversion, processing, sizing and titling
- SimPE which makes it all possible
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh Recolour
To use this custom content you need to download extra files, linked in either the Download Overview tab, or the "Meshes Needed" box. You can also check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes for this item.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
#picture frame television, #Lady of Shalott, #Elaine's Enchanted Picture, #wall television, #wall TV, #fantasy TV