Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:49 AM Last edited by niol : 17th Mar 2006 at 6:04 AM.
jack_d_spratt,

first of all, great to hear more voices... :nod:

yes, and this is true that "walls and attic walls treat door and window openings differently" By the way, the opening is called "wallmask" here, so use both terms..! :bandit:

From my limited experiences, Maxis windows and IgnorantBliss's windows, doors, arches or else work well on both default (wall 1) and attic walls. There're some working well on the default walls but probably not the attic ones. So, there may be more things to do. Note I've not tested too many windows, doors or else...

Mikeinside's "Easy Wall" is actually a particular custom setting for the default walls (wall 1), and it won't affect the settings of other walls or the vice versa in the case of "wall.txt"-modding. At least, there's no known/published exception to that yet. But if you've got something about that to share, it's definitely good to read and discuss it/them. ^_^, so things may be able to get clearer...

Update:
As for wall setting, the info in this thread may be related to it. (From post 20)
From the Totally Useless Info Dept:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1114036
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
Mikeinside's "Easy Wall" is actually a particular custom setting for the default walls (wall 1), and it won't affect the settings of other walls or the vice versa in the case of "wall.txt"-modding.

Perhaps I was unclear. I'm aware that Easy Walls is a change in walls.txt affecting "wall 1". My point is that the setting of "requires flat top" to false on <i>any</i> wall type seems to be the differentiator in the way the wallmask is applied.

(I hope my terminology is up to snuff there; I build, I don't mod )
Mad Poster
#28 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:26 PM
Sorry, somehow my brain just dissociated the last two paragraphs.into 2 points... I'll learn this better... :bandit:

Surely, I agree with you... It's cool to compare the wall-covering start-end direction with foundation wall as well.

I just started to learn a little bit of recolouring modding for just a few things, but I remain a lot-builder.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 9:54 PM
you have to note wallmasks are handled differently by a pre-ep and ep1 game. Haven't analyzed for EP 2 and 3, as what made me use that technique is now done via dummy-levels.
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fat D
you have to note wallmasks are handled differently by a pre-ep and ep1 game. Haven't analyzed for EP 2 and 3, as what made me use that technique is now done via dummy-levels.

they work almost the same i have noticed but i couldnt really tell i dont know anything about modding i build nothing more

Lifes A B**** Then you Marry One Then you Die
Page 2 of 2