Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 11:15 AM
Default NL Music
I apogise if this is the wrong place to post this - since the site changed a bit I'm all confused. It's not a game play question but it's regarding nightlife so I don't know where else to post...

Anyway, the thing is I'm trying to extract a few certain songs from Nightlife - they're played on the DJ booth and they're the slow songs that can be requested - they sound sort of R&Bish. They're not available in any Sims radio stations.

I was told they should be in the EA GAMES/The Sims 2 Nightlife/TSData/Res/Sound folder, but the sound packages in there don't have the music from the DJ booth.

Where would I find these certain songs? I'd really like to get a hold of them...

Hopefully one of the geniuses who hang here know, 'cause I ain't got a Scooby.

- Ash
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 11:58 AM
I'm almost certain all the music in the game is in those sound packages..
I'm 90% sure that the DJs 'house mix' tracks are in housemix.

unfortunately although most are extractable and playable, the SfxK1.package, SfxK2, SFX1 and SFX2 packages contain mp3s that aren't playable. The music may be in those.

Ps you're right, the music is brilliant
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 12:11 PM
I checked the house mix, that's just all the sort of techno stuff. I tried the packages you suggested and like you say, they're mp3s that aren't playable

There has to be a way of somehow getting them. Modders ALWAYS find a way, lol.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 2:35 PM
Moving to general modding since you're now diving into the guts of the game files.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 3:25 PM
Try looking for the DJ Booth's music in it's object file. Also, the song in splash.package is unplayable as well as songs in other packages. I've tried several times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 5:51 PM
I'm still new to all this modding stuff, I looked for the object file but was unsuccessful in finding it, lol. (Yes, I really am this useless).
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 1:39 AM
SimPE QA cant extract the DJ Booth. We need to wait for the fully NL compatible version for that.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 3:04 PM
would be kewl if it s possible to find the missing songs I also like them...I extracted all songs I could find...but of the booth I just have the housemix songs.....
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 10:14 PM
Try looking in NL's objects.package file for mp3/xa files
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 12:51 PM
I couldnt find any mp3/xa in the objects....I found thousands of files....I didnt even find the dj booth itself...I have no idea what all these files mean.....I never had a look at such files......I bet a hacker would know it better where to look for the songs :-)

where exactly are the objects in the objects.package? in which folder?
Scholar
#11 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 1:35 PM
the dj booth plays the original sound file from sims 2. so look in the sims 2 games folder /TSData/Res/Sound. if your referring to the techno songs that's where they are. i extracted them all and play them on my mp3 player hehehehe.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 9:13 PM
I also already extracted all songs of the sounds folder of every ep and the basic game....but I didnt find the songs that I hear at the dj booth...for example I miss some songs that a girl sings.....I already have all that techno stuff and all the other songs of radio stations and CAS and build and buy and so on....if I knew the names of the songs I could tell you but I dunno .....I guess they play when you chose one of the options "fast" "slow" or "medium"....
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 9:34 AM Last edited by KillerTaipan198 : 29th Sep 2005 at 2:54 PM.
I'm having the same problem like you. I want the songs in Housemix played on the DJ but I can't find it. When I play the housemix file it doesn't have it in there. But u can listen to them in the Sound Control then going to Housemix.

*Edit*
I have found the music. In Nightlife there are more files for Housemix.
They are found in Nightlife > TSData > Res > Locale
There are many types of packages in there for the DJ Machine...
You can find the songs in the Sound Control Menu in Neighbourhood View

1,1,TSData\Res\Locale\Spanish\Sound\Housemix.package
1,1,TSData\Res\Locale\Norwegian\Sound\Housemix.package
1,1,TSData\Res\Locale\Finnish\Sound\Housemix.package
1,1,TSData\Res\Locale\Czech\Sound\Housemix.package
1,1,TSData\Res\Locale\UK English\Sound\Housemix.package
1,1,TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\globalcatbin.bundle.package
1,1,TSData\Res\Locale\Danish\Sound\Housemix.package
1,1,TSData\Res\Locale\German\Sound\Housemix.package
1,1,TSData\Res\Locale\Brazilian Portuguese\Sound\Housemix.package
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KillerTaipan198
I'm having the same problem like you. I want the songs in Housemix played on the DJ but I can't find it. When I play the housemix file it doesn't have it in there. But u can listen to them in the Sound Control then going to Housemix.

*Edit*

OMG you're a friggin' genius! I haven't found the specific song I'm looking for but I have a feeling it's in ONE of those packages (they're all different I noticed). I did find the girl song I like though!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

- Ash
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#15 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 1:00 AM
I didn't find any music in TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\globalcatbin.bundle.package. I did find meshes for glasses and faces though.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 9:38 PM
WOW thanks....I knew there must be more songs....but where :-)
Now we know....thank you man...
I guess the song that I was lookin for is "jump" performed by The Faders....

I found 11 different songs and not in each country folder is a sound folder...is that correct that way?

how many different songs did you find?

but the performers of each country are not in the correct folder...Jeannette is the german singer that promoted the sims over here.....but she s not in the german folder...but that doesnt matter...thank you for finding out :-)
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#17 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 10:36 PM
There are different songs in different languages.
Scholar
#18 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 9:29 PM
why would you want those songs they sing in sim! i reckon the techno ones from the original sim and the new ones in NL sound the coolest.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
why would you want those songs they sing in sim! i reckon the techno ones from the original sim and the new ones in NL sound the coolest.

To make sims music videos.

I've already made a couple.

- Ash
Inventor
#20 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 10:10 AM
On topic, I know one song from there you may like.. I had been wanting to extract it for a while now and just got it It's in E:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Sound (or whatever drive you use). Called Archofthesims by AdamFreeland (think it's the 3rd one down of the 4 I saw) It has a catchy beat anyway. No words, just music from build mode.
Thanks for the ideas in the thread of how to extract, without you guys, I'd still be waiting. I still gotta find "busy". I like makeover also. All very similar but I like Archofthesims best
xts
EDIT: All of those are by AdamFreeLand (not Lemon Jelly or whatever that other one was). lol

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Mad Poster
#21 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 5:43 AM Last edited by niol : 14th Nov 2005 at 6:31 AM.
So, can I extract these files and switch them and package them back into the package file?

If so, how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Update:

It seems the game runs fine without any music files...
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#22 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 7:11 AM
I tried putting music into a package file in downloads. Didn't work.
Inventor
#23 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 1:25 AM
I don't know how to switch and put them back but I know how to extract and play them You can always put them in the music folder too. Archofthesim is great in the car.

That one and busy (not the original busy but the other one) there are two "busy" songs.
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KillerTaipan198

*Edit*

Thank you soooooo much. I thought I'd NEVER find them!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 6:51 PM
just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle irrelevant but, to me it is relevant enough.
ok. Remember the Sims 'Superstar' theme songs? Do you know a way to get those songs on a website (cos i just cant download the whole game to copy the music files again, i know those were playable.)

thanks

.................................................................................
Sim2 Avatars - Still need some?
http://photobucket.com/albums/c89/gill_granier/
Page 1 of 2