Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#26 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 8:20 PM
Another problem we might have in the future is maxis expansion packs and objects. We might be able to make sure no custom animation uses a Instance number which is already used by a maxis one, but what about conflicts with future maxis animations?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#27 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 9:17 PM
Were any "bones" lost from the mesh when editing it? Animations are oriented to bones, and they won't run if the bone is missing. It's a good idea to have debug mode on as it will tell you why it's failing.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 12:10 AM Last edited by fireflies : 11th Aug 2005 at 12:18 AM.
Both those packages are Corrupt.. i will add just the mesh package here without a new guid so you can see what happens

but the problem in my newest package doesnt seem to be the bones .. but i could be wrong ..
i have tried everything from seeing if it is a value i put in somewhere that allows the final animation to disapear as it should like all the rest
making it invisable to us even if it is still there? without success...
Next i thought it was a messup in a value somewhere in the package that is already there that allows the final animation to complete the dissapearance?
If you look at your original pastry it is missing so many files and part of those seem to want to call on animations to correctly work?
i might have to dig deeper into the problem that it might be in the animations and i'll need to add those with the package to find out?
but as it is i need to do alot of learning before i can get to that point so it might take a while..
it could be like i said .. just as simple as changing a value number so it acts like the rest of the packages
supporting invisabilty at the end of the animation?

Personaly i think certain animations just dont work anymore when an object is cloned... or it is trying to call it from somewhere else?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  toaster pastry problem.rar (45.0 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
One of those Maxoids
#29 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 12:18 AM
Upon cursory examination, the local group id *should've* worked, but it appears as though there is another layer that will prevent it from working. It looks like, for now, you will have to use the global group id.

I would recommend that you try to make your animation names unique by appending a 128 bit generated GUID string.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 12:47 AM
Hi maxoidTom not sure if you are talking to me or not but here goes just incase

Even when i use the Guid string it still does the same thing so in reference to the Guid string in this package it doesnt seem to matter..
the animations still breaks when the final animation is completing as if it wasnt dissapearing or the animations are broken when i mesh it?

possible that the mesh no longer works with the original animation or the point of the release of the object should have faded off as if it was eaten?
meaning a value is now wrong in my animation?

Click the pic to see it in full view
Screenshots
Page 2 of 2