Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Systemic Anomaly
#26 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 11:31 PM
Just to be clear: when you say "it works" what version of the mod are you using (the modified one I posted?) - and "it works" if you set the time of the first frame set to 0 (and change the node name to "snowmanhat")?
Advertisement
Nearly alive
#27 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jase439
Just to be clear: when you say "it works" what version of the mod are you using (the modified one I posted?) - and "it works" if you set the time of the first frame set to 0 (and change the node name to "snowmanhat")?

I think he was just answering a thing I said earlier...that I wasn`t sure if one of the problems with his animation wasn`t that the first keyframe didn`t have a time of 0, he was just saying that he had tried it with the snowman`s hat that I did and it worked on that
Systemic Anomaly
#28 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 4:47 PM
So, do you believe this problem to be related to the 0x1c050000 anim group code badness?
Nearly alive
#29 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 4:56 PM Last edited by Miche : 11th Aug 2005 at 12:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jase439
So, do you believe this problem to be related to the 0x1c050000 anim group code badness?

The main reason this doesn`t work is because chairs (well most anyway) don`t have a root_trans or a root_rot joint in them. Those two joints are the ones which the animation effects.

I`ll be releasing a version of the editor/converter which supports other bones in objects soon. (most likely next week, as I`m currently working on animations for the sims, and have most of the bones in the skeleton supported now.)
Systemic Anomaly
#30 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miche
The main reason this doesn`t work is because chairs (well most anyway) don`t have a root_trans or a root_rot joint in them. Those two joints are the ones which the animation effects
Woot. My original theory about missing nodes in the anim was right after all! That would certainly do it. At least it isn't a problem with the converter.
Page 2 of 2