Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 5593
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Closed Thread   Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: Ancient thread  Replies: 97 (Who?), Viewed: 34024 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Aug 2005, 12:04 AM #26
Wonwon
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albus41
haha, wonwon. Love the name

thanx
Who can resist Ron, he┤s so cute and confused and goofy. :P
Old 12th Aug 2005, 12:51 AM #27
chiaona
Test Subject

If you look up the member fumiko I think.. she made some awesome harry potter sims from the movies, teens and adults. I've downloaded all of them and made a neighborhood of them!
Old 18th Aug 2005, 11:15 PM #28
prettiammie2005
Instructor

Not a single one of those links are working for me, except the Hogwarts (which I can't use because it's too big anyhow...)
Old 20th Aug 2005, 1:13 AM #29

http://www.webalice.it/mikebur50/An...imore_pag2.html the harry potter here is a rar. file and i cant get those can some1 unzip it and make it a zip?? p.s. thanx in advance
Old 20th Aug 2005, 5:49 AM #30
MissOliverWood
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

Okay guys, here's what I think I'm going to do. Trying to PM everyone who has stuff that is HP/magic related and asking there permission to link on my blog/my space thing from MSN as I haven't done anything with it. Would everyone be okay with that? Or, links here? I figure, there'll be so many I'll have to sort them into categories though. Crazy!

thesims2, I suggest you try using a program called SimFile maid, the link for it being here: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/projects/SimFileMaid/

It's great, it unzips and un-rars and does about anything! Just drag your download onto the lawn, and voila!
Old 20th Aug 2005, 6:20 AM #31

ok new problem. im kinda new if u didnt notice but i was working with it earlier and i figured id click open with word pad, and it only gives me gibberish. but now i cant change what i open the hogwarts file with evan though i have the sim file maid 2 (ty albus) can anyone help me?
Old 20th Aug 2005, 6:43 AM #32

ok i got it back to the custom content thingy but it now says double click cutom content folder, and i double click but the same message appears.
Old 20th Aug 2005, 8:25 AM #33
MissOliverWood
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

what's the message saying?
Old 20th Aug 2005, 4:15 PM #34

it says "please double click a custom content package file to install content," but ever time a do that the same message appeares.
Old 20th Aug 2005, 7:22 PM #35
Trissle
Lab Assistant

11 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albus41
Okay guys, here's what I think I'm going to do. Trying to PM everyone who has stuff that is HP/magic related and asking there permission to link on my blog/my space thing from MSN as I haven't done anything with it. Would everyone be okay with that? Or, links here? I figure, there'll be so many I'll have to sort them into categories though. Crazy!

thesims2, I suggest you try using a program called SimFile maid, the link for it being here: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/projects/SimFileMaid/

It's great, it unzips and un-rars and does about anything! Just drag your download onto the lawn, and voila!

Huh *has made Luna's earrings uploaded here but has not been pmed. Is feeling left out*

My mind never wanders, it packs it's backpack, puts on it's boots and goes on a mountain hike.
Old 21st Aug 2005, 10:03 AM #36
MissOliverWood
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

Trissle, I'm not even a wuater of the way through PMing everyone beleive me, you'll get a PM - you've created HEAPS of awesome stuff!!!
So sorry to all who I haven't PMed yet. There's so much stuff to do, but I haven't forgotten about all of you. Now I feel bad....

Chocolate for you trissle? =) As my way of an apology??
Old 21st Aug 2005, 9:55 PM #37

albus thanx 4 the maid but can you help with my new problem? this is killing me. harry potter is the best book in the world by the way. now i give book 6 100000000000/10!
Old 22nd Aug 2005, 8:12 AM #38
MissOliverWood
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

Is it EP compatible? As in, is the custom content you downloaded need the uni EP? Do you have the uni EP?
*thinks*
So you're getting the blue screen with the info of the custom content? Then you're supposed to click install, and then ok?
Silly question I know, but do you have a downloads folder?
I'm just trying to think of crazy solutions here....
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 12:09 AM #39
BlueThunder
Lab Assistant

5 Achievements

Honestly i have got over my Harry Potter addiction (i hate all the hype) but iwould think this would infringe on Harry Potter copy rights wouldn't you.

p.s to be realisitic youd need a whomping willow diagon alley and two ford anglias before and after the crash

I'd help but i'm no mesher but if you'd like ill look into the copyrights or atleast i can try
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 12:12 AM #40
BlueThunder
Lab Assistant

5 Achievements

oops you'd need house elves and Ron seems more dumb than anything else but hermione is a different matter
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 8:29 AM #41
MissOliverWood
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

I don't think it would infringe on copyrights it's just a page with links to all HP stuff that people have already created. it's not like we're saying that we created HP.
But hey, let me know.
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 6:32 PM #42
Howabominable
Instructor

9 Achievements

I'm not exactly a HP "junkie" (I'm a Lord of the Rings nerd) but I do think it would be a cool idea to make a Hogwarts University. Has anyone else thought of that? I don't really have the means to make one though, I'm terrible at making walls and floors and stuff lol.
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 7:07 PM #43
BlueThunder
Lab Assistant

5 Achievements

As far as i can tell there is no copyright infringement but i shall keep looking and update you if i find otherwise.
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 7:13 PM #44
titi
Lab Assistant

13 Achievements

View My Journal

Oooo! I have HP sims!!! Come to my sim page...

I have the trio. They have Harry's Scar & a Weasley Jumper for Ron. They are all Teens...

My username is titi x sweety just search it!!!

I've only put Ron up, but I will put Harry & Hemione up soon!!!

Can I be in the project?? I've made scars, hair, clothes, and otherthings in bodshop... Can't do no objects
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 7:16 PM #45

yes i have a download folder and i dont kno if it is EP compatible it is in i think* German
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 7:35 PM #46
titi
Lab Assistant

13 Achievements

View My Journal

I changed my Avatar....
Old 24th Aug 2005, 1:54 AM #47
Kopperman
Test Subject

I am working on a floorplan for Hogwarts to go on University lots. Posted a thread at the Harry potter project. http://hpproject.proboards25.com/index.cgi

My estimation so far is four 5X5 lots just for the castle. The great hall is best idea of relative size I have so far. It is 23X40 I am still trying to find a way to shave off a few squares and keep some realistic scale; but it might have to stay at that size. I am using an estimate of 250-300 students. 12 teachers and Dumbledore. (Yes I know that often there are more then 12 teachers, but since no more then 12 ever sit up at the dias I don't care how many there are)
Old 24th Aug 2005, 11:12 AM #48
Anvar
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_Metal_Sim
Here is the Linků Its greatů
Its about hlafway down on that page...
http://www.webalice.it/mikebur50/An...imore_pag2.html
umm when i downloaded it and i try to instal its says i need a password do u know the password?
Old 24th Aug 2005, 2:48 PM #49
Diana82583
Test Subject

You can email the person who created it on that webpage for the password. I know it's not in English, but I used the Alta Vista translator to figure out basically what was being said There should be a link or something on the page somwhere. All I wrote in the email was the name of the lot ("Hogwarts") and my contact information.

Unfortunatly, the password they sent me didn't work, for whatever reason. I haven't tried contacting them again about it, since school has started back up and I haven't been playing. So you could try sending them an email for the password.
Old 24th Aug 2005, 3:42 PM #50
MissOliverWood
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

Just want to thank everyone for their help and posting here =) It keeps me motivated to do something! =)

And cheers for looking into that BlueThunder =)
Closed Thread

Section jump: