Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Should MTS2 have a new logo?
Yes
284 70.47%
No
83 20.60%
I'd rather thump-a-Delphy instead
36 8.93%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Stupid people are stupid
#51 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:58 PM
I voted yes, but on one condition. I want stickers!!! :P
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:07 PM
I vote NO :naughty: because the old logo is very explicite for those who enter the site for the first time (in a glance you know it's for the sims2 and with the name beside the logo you know it's for modding the sims2).

For members it's like a flag under which we're proud to join us together :salute:

But perhaps it could be refresh (with a 3D effect and a vitrified texture , Nice, isn't it?)
something like that ( I let someone else make better if he want )
#53 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:09 PM
we should have anew logo well honestly it's kinda boring....
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#54 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:59 PM
Hrm, maybe I should clarify... I'd replace the entire banner at the top, not just the logo on the left, but the logo would be part of the banner.... confused yet?

Oh and car stickers? Cool! We could setup a cafepress store (thanks daysies!)
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Hrm, maybe I should clarify... I'd replace the entire banner at the top, not just the logo on the left, but the logo would be part of the banner.... confused yet?

That doesn't change anything if it's all the banner and not only the logo -> NO change!!! :soul:
And is this really useful to change all the banner? :confused:
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#56 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 2:42 PM
Eh? The logo is part of the banner. It's 1 image, top left.
Test Subject
#57 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 4:31 PM
It would be cool to c some change. I like the logo now but it would be nice to see something new.
What just happend?
retired moderator
#58 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:35 PM Last edited by gareth075 : 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:20 PM. Reason: Punctuation
I think we should be able to recognise “Delphy” in the new Logo, well, in part at least. How does this sound, A giant “Sausage” with a shock of “shaggy” hair, some “Ladies Panties” strewn around willi nilli and oh yes, a pair of “tatty brown/black shoes”.

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Instructor
#59 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:12 PM
The current logo is ugly. A new logo would probably be ugly. Why replace ugly with ugly? Keep the ugly that you have. I am used to it... :D
Test Subject
#60 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:18 PM Last edited by Violet : 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:21 PM.
The current logo is ok, but with the approach of our 2nd expansion for Sims 2
- Nightlife -
I think its time for a change.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#61 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 7:25 PM
I like the old logo because it's familiar, but a new one might be even better. And I'd love it to be a contest, 'cause I've already got shiny new MTS2 logo ideas floating around in my little head. Maybe we could have a logo contest and include the old logo as an entry. That way if most people actually end up preferring the old one, it can stay.
#62 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 7:50 PM
I would love a new logo no offense to people who like it but its a bit boring and somethimg more eye-catching would be better. I also like the idea of a competition as there are so many talented members we're bound to get something fantastic and I'd try myself aswell!
Instructor
#63 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:08 PM Last edited by HeartDeco : 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Our question to you is simple: should MTS2 have a new logo?

Vote and comment if you like. Regards, Delphy

I like the crack, it's too symbolic to lose and the logo is so well-known. What about a compromise and just retexture it to make it more modern as LyricLee suggested?

How about opening the contest to allow just our talented, cherished and unselfish contributors this privilege? They deserve to have a shot at this high honor...AND/OR...How about an entrance fee of a $10 donation for those who don't contribute their creations?

AND...I totally agree with LyricLee - Isn't the fact that the winning logo would be seen by so many, and many more thousands of times over, enough of a prize? Not to mention the fact that credit most likely would be given by our doting and wonderful Admins.

My two cents,
HeartDeco
Field Researcher
#64 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:10 PM
I had an idea!?

Why don't you have the same forum skin but duplicate it and have the new one on a duplicate?!? That way people can choose.....
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:15 PM
Get a new logo... that one is soooo Maxis embracing.... true they provided the game; but you have something of yer own here that is worthy of its own distinctive badge.

Get a new one.... then thump Delphy anyway. :-D
Instructor
#66 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:17 PM Last edited by HeartDeco : 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simfred2
But perhaps it could be refresh (with a 3D effect and a vitrified texture , Nice, isn't it?)
something like that ( I let someone else make better if he want )

I answered yes, but for the same reasons - that's what I think too, SimFred2, a refresh with 3-D texture. I like your idea.

I was thinking along those same lines, a 3-D with the effect that the logo is floating under a glass tile. I have seen so many avatars like this and the colors and appearance are gorgeous.

Quote: Originally posted by Jehrome
Get a new logo... that one is soooo Maxis embracing.... true they provided the game; but you have something of yer own here that is worthy of its own distinctive badge.

We can hardly not embrace Maxis-nish. With all the bad press lately, I don't want this site to fold under the pressure of 'No-modding allowed' with consequences of tighter program security and a game rating change.

HeartDeco
Scholar
#67 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:38 PM
not keen on the old logo, ithink it looks a bit cluttered and cheap
a more modern looking simple logo with only 2 or 3 colours would be cool. not bothered by a competion myself, but thats because i am totally uncreative :D
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anelca
not keen on the old logo, ithink it looks a bit cluttered and cheap
a more modern looking simple logo with only 2 or 3 colours would be cool. not bothered by a competion myself, but thats because i am totally uncreative :D

True, I agree. I am uncreative too! Wanna join my club? :jk:

Quote:
and Micheal Jackson? Hell, I'm not even going to go down that road...
Field Researcher
#69 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 11:48 AM Last edited by Rct2mad : 4th Aug 2005 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Removed Image Tag/Removed LOL
Quote: Originally posted by Simfred2
For members it's like a flag under which we're proud to join us together :salute:

I love that little sentence! I think it's cool........

Quote: Originally posted by eric etc
The current logo is ugly. A new logo would probably be ugly. Why replace ugly with ugly? Keep the ugly that you have. I am used to it... :D

Thats one way of putting it....................... :nyah: :stick: <----YAY! Now I can use that smilie to it's fullest use!!! Lets thump Delphy anyway

I ain't dumb, the worlds just too clever :P
Test Subject
#70 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 12:16 PM
Definitely a new logo. The old one doesn't come CLOSE to expressing the creative talent that resides here. It's just... erm... I don't want to insult the person who created it, but I think change is good.

If you did a contest, I would enter it!
Test Subject
#71 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 1:40 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (idea)
lol this would be great i think somthing like a modded object or something :bump: that would be kool :nana:
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#72 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 2:48 PM
I think all it really needs is a bit of a clean up... I love the logo concept, the image is just needs some neatening. Remake it with vectors maybe, to get rid of the artefacts in the solid colour areas? Make it a bit sharper and cleaner looking...
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DameSporkalot
... By the way, Delphy.... that "I'd rather thump-a-Delphy instead" option is way too tempting for someone like me... hehehehe.

Me, too! But, if I didn't vote for that <EFG> I'd say no... but I'm alittle late on this thread...

I'm gone. I have my reasons, but I'm not going to cry about it. Do whatever you wish with whatever I made. No paysites/exchange. Credit to: Alucard
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 8:44 PM
It's like CHANGING your' Underwear.....a Thong or Boxers? Or....the Risky' Crotchless Panties?!? Hmmmmmmmm?
Field Researcher
#75 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 8:54 PM
Either way doesn't matter much to me.. I guess I have never really payed much attention to the logo when there is so much more on the site to fill my time....
Locked thread
Page 3 of 4