Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#26 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:48 PM
Chaze, this site started in May 2004.

And three things:

1. Good Idea!
2. Why get rid of downloads? :wtf2:
3. What's the URL of the new site going to be? And the name?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:50 PM
This sounds great... I for one enjoy both the technical and community sides of this forum, and will be glad to have the competitions back! Thanks Delphy.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#28 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chazemataz
Erm... what do you mean by saying: "Originally, the site was set up to act as a modding information site for The Sims 2, which at the time, had not even seen store shelves yet."? The Sims 2 came out September 17th....

Yup. MTS2 was around well before then. Observe the posting date on the welcome thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30929
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 4:05 PM
Oh stupid me! For some odd reason i thought it started in October. And I was wondering also: what will the new site be called? P.S. Happy Fourth to those of you in America!
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 4:41 PM
YEY! I am sooooooooooooooo happy :clap: :cdance: :banana: ...i could cry :weep: (ok not really) YEY! Thanks so much dude!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 4:44 PM
Wow! Pretty unexpected, but a good idea. One question: (hope this wan't already answered) will there still be downloads or not? :P

20% of the world uses 80% of the worlds resources.
Just a reminder.
~spread some peace today~
Instructor
#32 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 4:54 PM Last edited by phat_man55 : 4th Jul 2005 at 4:57 PM.
i think that the changes are sensable and very helpful, but i like the fact that you could be able to talk about things that are off topic a bit (or a lot). The forums will be more "Sims 2" now i guess but i still like to be able to socialize over the net while talking about the things you love.

thanks anyways, it'll make the site more prefessional.

and i almost died when you said you were gettting rid of sims movies, but when i read that they would be moved (and i hope kept) i revived myself, because i am making a movie at the moment, (thanks to the people who helped me out with this, you know who u are).
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 5:03 PM
The improvments on this site have been brilliant so-far Delph, keep it up.

PM x

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øPrincess Maria°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

Who said a Princess had to be beautiful?
#34 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 5:11 PM
cool way cool thanks
#35 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 5:49 PM
What about down-time? will there be any and if so for how long?

Happy belated 1st of July Canada!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:07 PM
There will be no downtime since it's a new site. We are in the process of setting everything up at the moment. Once we have everything done (should be a couple of days) we'll announce the new URL and name in this thread, and then you can start posting if you wish.

Regarding downloads - thats not something that's going to happen *now* but it'll happen eventually. It's really about refocusing the site on the actual *modding* as opposed to being a downloads place. So, for the time being, downloads will stay on MTS2.

For obvious reasons, outside of the Movies forum, the new site will have no downloads.

Regards,
Delphy
Field Researcher
#37 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chazemataz
Erm... what do you mean by saying: "Originally, the site was set up to act as a modding information site for The Sims 2, which at the time, had not even seen store shelves yet."? The Sims 2 came out September 17th....

And the site was established months before that. So yes, the site was up & running before the game was released.

btw...this is a GREAT development; MTS2 being actually about modding and sims2 and the other site for the socializing aspects...excellent!
Inventor
#38 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Regarding downloads - thats not something that's going to happen *now* but it'll happen eventually. It's really about refocusing the site on the actual *modding* as opposed to being a downloads place. So, for the time being, downloads will stay on MTS2.

Will are they slated to leave us? :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#39 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
Will are they slated to leave us?

Pardon?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 7:45 PM
From the very beginning, I have enjoyed what this site offered. Although I actually had not even started posting in the forums until quite recently, I enjoy both aspects: the continual modification of gameplay making it far more enjoyable beyond what Maxis can offer, as well as interfacing with the other fans, exchanging ideas and knowledge.
I'm looking forward to what this change brings. Obviously, with the one side of this leading to greater gameplay modification efforts, we should hopefully see very interesting things happening in the near future! (I'm still looking for expanded animation capabilities). Thanks for everything so far!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 7:48 PM
This is great, thank you Delphy and the entire staff!! :D

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 8:21 PM
Eventually, when I get time, I might move downloads off MTS2 entirely, but I'm not sure yet.

Regards,
Delphy

I really enjoy the downloads, and I think they are an important part of what MTS2 has become. I wasn't here when it was first built, but from polls and traffic on the site, the main emphasis seems to be on the downloads. Not everyone on here actually mods something, but instead contributes to the modding process by testing on their different computer systems. And my opinion may not mean much in the general scheme of things, but I would like the downloads to stay. Moving the "chatter" forums to a different site seems like a great idea, especially considering I can't even get on this site half the time I try (and sometimes it takes ten minutes just to load the main page, but after that the site loads just fine).

But it's your site, you can do with it what you will. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in there.

Kara

Remember: What will seem pertinent today, will seem worthless tomorrow...

What? You stupid computer! You are NOT allowed to freeze when I am paying the sims! Oh, no! I forgot to save!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 8:30 PM

For obvious reasons, outside of the Movies forum, the new site will have no downloads.

Regards,
Delphy

Hi Delphy,

So, does that mean all dls of mods, beta objects, meshes, tutorials, Clean installer, etc... will all be gone? :confused: :weep:

Will there be another site for these dls? :blah:
Field Researcher
#44 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 8:39 PM
Delphy, I am in total agreement with just about everything you've said, but...Why even consider getting rid of downloads? That is why many of us are here, and of course I am trying to learn the technical side of modding, but being able to test mods and feel like I might be able to contribute useful feedback is a good feeling. But I understand this is a complicated issue so I'm with you. Keep up the great job you and all others at MTS2 do! TY!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 9:17 PM
I guess I'm not a modder, but a creator. So when the downloads go, I'll probably still be here learning, even though I guess I might not be posting anything anymore.

I won't be as much a part of MS2,which will be disappointing for me-- however the past 9 months here have been great.

The best time for me was when we really were beta testing the simple things like recolors, and I liked reading the posts of those who were getting CEP up and running, and so forth.

I certainly understand your decision, Delphy, since you are a true modder at heart. I can see why you want to change the site around.

And thank you for creating a new place for those who came here to socialize, and enter contests, and just generally enjoy the game--I think that was a nice thing to do.

Best wishes to you,
Suzanne
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#46 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 9:33 PM Last edited by tkdjunkie : 4th Jul 2005 at 9:41 PM.
Hang on ...

DOWNLOADS ARE STAYING, people. The only forums *moving* anywhere are the discussion forums. Nothing's being deleted from MTS2, with the exception of the discussion forums, since they're being moved over to the new site.

Even if the downloads *eventually* move, they're only going to have a different URL ... they're not actually "going" anywhere. So no need to panic

In addition, someone asked about the archived Sim Pics forum and the current Sim Pics forum: Yes, they will both be at the new site, and you will be able to post in them and make new threads and everything.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#47 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 9:40 PM
I like that news
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 10:07 PM
And here I told myself I wouldn't post until I got the facts straight--

Okay, I'll just trust it'll work out well

Best,
Suzanne
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#49 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 10:41 PM
Thank you very much Delphy!! :howdy: :D
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 12:12 AM
YEA!!! Now socializers and modders have their own places!
Locked thread
Page 2 of 8