Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:59 PM
I think so, the_pressure, I'm not really sure what you're talking aabout.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 6:54 PM
I've just been to the Snooty Sims site where they published a new "cheat": floatprop tvvolume (0 to 1) for adjusting guess what, TV volume, where .5 is the game's (already too loud) default. It appears to work, although the change isn't immediately noticeable.
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 7:31 PM
Mosbyte, yet another command.

The next update will be soon, more like today.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#29 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 7:51 PM
Thanks, Mod_bv, this cheat list (that I've discovered only today), and the explanation you have given about the game functioning, are extremely interesting. I'm going to fiddle with some settings

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
#30 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 8:10 PM
Thanks for that, I could use that autocenterythingie. (I'm so picky) :p
Field Researcher
#31 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 11:29 PM
Quote:
And because these are the inner structure of the game, Maxis doesn't want it getting out. Whenever you save, the game makes a log of your current settings when you saved. That's where I found the list.

Correct me if Im wrong, but the game does not actually run these commands. Rather, the cheat commands are debugger options for modifying game values. My point being, that the game never acually has to, say, modify the TV volume. The game will actually just read from a text log the set value under
floatprop tvvolume (0 to 1)
You are right, it is similar to a cheat console, but as of yet, there are few to no cheats which command the game to act in a way similar to user interaction.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 1:51 AM
You guys and I know they are commands, as they are issued from a CLI or Command Line Interface, but the rest of the Sim community calls them cheats, all the more as most of these interfaces were first used in games as something "secret" where you could increase number of lives and money, etc. What I believe Maxis has done is offer a dual purpose command line for developers and users, but most people still call them "cheats".

I agree that the game most likely doesn't run all of these commmands every time it starts, but rather uses a table to "poke" values in memory. But not all of them, cause otherwise one could put all these instructions in the cheat startup text file so they would execute when the game first runs, and commands such as "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false" don't work out of the cheat startup file. I suspect that the dorm specific tools are disabled late AFTER the game is running, and probably by running the very same command.
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 2:18 AM
Thanks so much for this list! I appreciate it!

~simphantom~
Inventor
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mosbyte
You guys and I know they are commands, as they are issued from a CLI or Command Line Interface, but the rest of the Sim community calls them cheats, all the more as most of these interfaces were first used in games as something "secret" where you could increase number of lives and money, etc. What I believe Maxis has done is offer a dual purpose command line for developers and users, but most people still call them "cheats".

I agree that the game most likely doesn't run all of these commmands every time it starts, but rather uses a table to "poke" values in memory. But not all of them, cause otherwise one could put all these instructions in the cheat startup text file so they would execute when the game first runs, and commands such as "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false" don't work out of the cheat startup file. I suspect that the dorm specific tools are disabled late AFTER the game is running, and probably by running the very same command.

I understand that these are commands, I have been repeating that for a generation. But as we know, most people know them as cheats, and if I wrote commands that many people would be turned off.

EDIT: But cheats and commands are sort of the same thing the way Simers think of the word "cheat"
Test Subject
#35 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 2:01 PM
Great list! But I still didn't find the cheat I need.
Do you (or does anyone else) know the cheat code to (re)place a curbside trashcan and mailbox?

I started with a community lot rather than a residential lot to make my dorm, thinking the trash bins from the community lot would work the same as the residential trashcan. Boy, was I ever wrong! I changed the lot zoning to dorm and moved some kids in, but all I get is build mode when I enter the lot.

The Sims 1 has a cheat -- prepare_lot -- that replaces both the mailbox and the trashcan, but that doesn't work with The Sims 2. Tried it straight out and with a few variations with no success. Even though the game seems to accept -- boolProp prepareLot true -- and doesn't return an error message, it doesn't seem to do anything either.

HELP!! I have this great dorm I worked on for hours that can't function as a dorm because it doesn't have the required curbside trashcan.
Inventor
Original Poster
#36 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 8:02 PM
I think there is a download that is the curbside trashcan.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 8:39 PM
I know there's one on this site but I couldn't find it. http://daydream.etowns.net/ has a lot setup collection that contains a mailbox and trashcan.
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eddief66
I know there's one on this site but I couldn't find it. http://daydream.etowns.net/ has a lot setup collection that contains a mailbox and trashcan.

Thank you, thank you!! I went to the site and downloaded the items zip.

And thanks to everyone for your replies, they are all very appreciated.

Take care - Pax
Test Subject
#39 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 4:04 AM
The boolProp animationLOD true/false - Undiscovered
is making a reference to a game speed setting file, as in when the game is at regular speed fast speed or super fast speed I guess it would alter the animation speed to match better or be sped up and down, I’m not completely sure though…
#40 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 4:12 AM
I can't remember but if you move your lot to the houses bin and reput it in the neighborhood you might be able to redesignate if it is community, residential... I don't know, its a guess.
Inventor
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 11:43 PM
Superman, using the LotBin is Sim-suicide. lol
Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Superman6011
I can't remember but if you move your lot to the houses bin and reput it in the neighborhood you might be able to redesignate if it is community, residential... I don't know, its a guess.

Actually, in the cheat window while visiting the lot, you can run "changeLotZoning <Type>" where <Type> is one of community, residential, dorm, greek, or secretsociety (not so sure on the last one). I use this pretty regularly to change rental houses to dorms in my custom university.

dano
Inventor
Original Poster
#43 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 8:05 PM
I am making this into a PDF file.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 8:11 PM
I really want the stringProp WindowFillColor to work cause that sounds a useful one. What sort of numbers range are we talking here 1 or 1000. DOes anyone know?
Inventor
Original Poster
#45 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 8:27 PM
1 to 255. The RGB format.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 8:25 PM
did it work for you?
Inventor
Original Poster
#47 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 8:40 PM
I never tried that one. My info is from someone who has tried it.
#48 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 9:29 PM
Forgot to mention boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true the MOTHER of all sims cheats LoL! LOVE that one!!!
Test Subject
#49 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 9:35 PM
Wow im so stupid i dont get this.
Inventor
Original Poster
#50 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gudinne
Forgot to mention boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true the MOTHER of all sims cheats LoL! LOVE that one!!!

This is not a list of already known cheats, this is a group of never-before-seen cheats I found. They are more of commands, but you type them in using the cheat console, so they can be called "cheats".

KittenLuva, these are cheats.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 3