Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 1:35 PM
Default What would you do differently with Island Paradise(except for the lag ofc)
I would introduce ships! And (luxury) yachts. Also pirates.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 1:52 PM Last edited by igazor : 15th Jul 2023 at 2:55 PM.
I would kick it so hard, because of its design flaws that persist long after the lag-inducing issues are addressed, that it lands somewhere between the planet Neptune and the non-planet Pluto.

But honestly, it's not bad once fixed up as an NRaas Traveler mod vacation world. Couldn't this be where pirates from Barnacle Bay spend their well-earned vacations, or do you see them yearning for cooler or maybe dryer climates for their time off?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 4:23 PM
Honestly, once you install the no autonomous houseboat move fix, it's a bit shameful to consider that this was a huge portion of IP's lag problems and could've been fixed so easily back in the day.

Like, that's literally the one thing I would change even if all of the other issues we've known about for years couldn't be addressed. Great pack that was held back by fixable flaws.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Inventor
#4 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 5:44 PM
One of those things that I'm not sure is an IP issue, or a dreaded mods interaction (probably the latter), but if I use IP as a vacation world, every Late Night that I had placed in my homeworld stops working, and I must replace them. Stops working = bartenders stop showing up and cannot reassign them to the existing bar. Cannot assign anyone until bar is replaced.
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 6:40 PM
I would scale down the expansion. It is already the EP with the least content I know, but if they cut, let's say, houseboats, and focused on literally everything else; and if it would help with performance, general bugs and lack of polish, I'd be down.
Inventor
#6 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rsanda
I would scale down the expansion. It is already the EP with the least content I know, but if they cut, let's say, houseboats, and focused on literally everything else; and if it would help with performance, general bugs and lack of polish, I'd be down.

I have not tried it yet, but remember when @marydehoyos was working on this mod, and have heard it works.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 9:16 PM
Sorry folks, but I love IP and never had problems with it. My only issue is that once installed the water taxis are in all the worlds, and I have some I am doing in CAW where I want the Sim to use the roads that are there and not the taxis.

I love to build houseboats. I am almost finished with a world that has many, many houseboats. I was originally going to do just houseboats for the residences but ended up doing more land lots than originally planned. I also might want to try a world that is pretty much just a marina depending on how I could do?
Inventor
#8 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Sorry folks, but I love IP and never had problems with it. My only issue is that once installed the water taxis are in all the worlds, and I have some I am doing in CAW where I want the Sim to use the roads that are there and not the taxis.

I love to build houseboats. I am almost finished with a world that has many, many houseboats. I was originally going to do just houseboats for the residences but ended up doing more land lots than originally planned. I also might want to try a world that is pretty much just a marina depending on how I could do?

Just a marina sounds fun. Only land you would need is to anchor the docks... probably minimum, a general store of sorts... and a rum bar! ARGH!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Just a marina sounds fun. Only land you would need is to anchor the docks... probably minimum, a general store of sorts... and a rum bar! ARGH!

I wish there was a way to get multiple houseboats on one lot. I might be able to fake it somewhat with nonworking ones on a few of the lots? Hmmmmmmmmmmm I need to play. :D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Jul 2023 at 4:19 PM
I would've had this be a vacation world. That is my one nagging complaint. They could've had a new regular world, then had IP as a "weekend getaway" type deal.
Inventor
#11 Old 16th Jul 2023 at 6:33 PM
I wish there was a way to get multiple houseboats on one lot. I might be able to fake it somewhat with nonworking ones on a few of the lots? Hmmmmmmmmmmm I need to play. :D

I have not had the patience to do anything with CAW, and not sure it would work since going Origin free (and no EA app for that matter). So, monkey throwing poop at the wall to see what sticks....

Is it possible to "borrow" the peir from Bridgeport, or similar, and divide that?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Jul 2023 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
Just turn off the horses ...

I think it is Nraas register where we can control that. I turn them and all strays off in my worlds. And other things.
Scholar
#14 Old 17th Jul 2023 at 10:40 PM
My only issue is that once installed the water taxis are in all the worlds, and I have some I am doing in CAW where I want the Sim to use the roads that are there and not the taxis.

Those darned water taxis can be a nuisance! I once attempted to play a challenge in an empty, roadless world - I think it was called Ulokea or something. If I told my sims to go home, or they went home autonomously, they would very often run to a tiny pool of water - hardly big enough to float an air bed - and get trapped inside a water taxi that couldn't go anywhere. And you can't cancel the 'go home' either, sims will remain stuck inside the boat till you reset them. I have found places like that in a few worlds I've played, and not just custom worlds: I had a similar problem in Roaring Heights.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

tumblr: Elyndaworld *** tumblr: Queen Lucy (new)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Jul 2023 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Those darned water taxis can be a nuisance! I once attempted to play a challenge in an empty, roadless world - I think it was called Ulokea or something. If I told my sims to go home, or they went home autonomously, they would very often run to a tiny pool of water - hardly big enough to float an air bed - and get trapped inside a water taxi that couldn't go anywhere. And you can't cancel the 'go home' either, sims will remain stuck inside the boat till you reset them. I have found places like that in a few worlds I've played, and not just custom worlds: I had a similar problem in Roaring Heights.

We need to be able to set them as last resort use. If you can get to somewhere other than by using them, drive there. And that would be horrible with Sims getting stuck in them. I need to make sure they have access in my worlds as had some problems also when they could not land in places where the game wanted them to go.