Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The ModFather
retired moderator
#26 Old 21st May 2005 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I had a bug in the code which I just fixed, so normal donations will appear instantly. MTS2 Supporter subscription donations still don't appear in the box though.

You mean that in addition to the subscription donations MTS2 needs that amount, or that they still don't appear automatically?

I think that the most useful informaton would be the amount needed not counting the subscription: in this way, if we get near the end of the month and still MTS2 needs money, even the subscribers can add a normal donation.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
#27 Old 21st May 2005 at 8:37 PM
Anon -
Duh ..... yeah, right ..... Paypal. Gulp. Will donate ASAP.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#28 Old 21st May 2005 at 8:58 PM
Numenor,
The subscriptions will pay for normal month's rent of the servers without a problem, but the setup fee is almost a full month's rent by itself. We have to basically pay for 2 months at once in order to move.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 21st May 2005 at 9:11 PM
You can do a direct credit card donation, through paypal. I haven't had any problems with 'em and you do not have to have a paypal account. Just go there through the linky thing and scroll down a bit, it'll say - don't have an account with paypal? click here
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 21st May 2005 at 9:12 PM
Just checked out the front page and we're nearly halfway.....that's pretty good
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#31 Old 22nd May 2005 at 1:27 AM
Yeah, it's going *very* well, imo.
Test Subject
#32 Old 22nd May 2005 at 4:22 AM
I put in what little money I had stored in my Paypal account. It's a measly amount, but if 1% of the site's members donated even a pathetic sum like I did, you would have way more than enough. Come on fellow members! Although he wouldn't turn down BIG bucks, tiny amounts add up quickly. Give anything you can.
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd May 2005 at 5:01 AM
I just got a munged thankyou.php script once I'd donated
.... and the donation amount didn't update after refreshing

[php]
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>14</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_select_db(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>16</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>16</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>18</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>18</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>19</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>22</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>22</b><br />

Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. You may log into your account at www.paypal.com/row to view details of this transaction.
<br /><br />
The current total is now:
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>31</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>31</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>32</b><br />
$<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_close(): no MySQL-Link resource supplied in <b>/home/forums/public_html/thankyou.php</b> on line <b>35</b><br />

[/php]
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 22nd May 2005 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
We don't have an account to process credit cards. The only way to make donations is through paypal.

and howq much would paypal cost me. (i don't use pay-pal.)

no ears
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#35 Old 22nd May 2005 at 12:53 PM
Bobi,

Thanks for that - I just checked and the second webserver didn't have the correct copy of the thankyou.php file so I just updated it.

Can everybody who got the error please PM me the amount and the paypal transaction ID and I'll update it.

Sorry about that folks.

Delphy
Instructor
#36 Old 22nd May 2005 at 1:04 PM
paypal is free to use dean
The ModFather
retired moderator
#37 Old 22nd May 2005 at 3:46 PM
My donation was correctly displayed in few seconds; seems that the new code is working fine.
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd May 2005 at 7:19 PM
I just sent my donation in and I wish it could have been more, but I do know that is someone else matched my ten dollars and another matches . Maybe a snowball affect will come about.
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#39 Old 22nd May 2005 at 7:20 PM
Here ya go, Dean! This part of PayPal's website might explain things better: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...r_intro-outside

Hope this helps
Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd May 2005 at 7:46 PM
For the pleasure this site has given me and my Sims, I'm delighted to make a donation
#41 Old 22nd May 2005 at 7:49 PM
Hey guys,

I might actually have a more affordable and reliable server solution for you if you are interested. As well as, a better software (PHP/BB & Nuke) package that provides Forums, Galleries, Downloads and Online Store if you are interested (current forum structure/posts/formats should be able to port over seamlessly).

I don't know how many members you have (we have a little over 200,000 members between 2 websites), but our (many) servers are very reliable and we wouldn't hammer you with bandwidth fees.

If you are interested, please send me a PM.

Jack
#42 Old 22nd May 2005 at 7:51 PM
PS... our servers are also a thousand times faster... no offense.
Test Subject
#43 Old 22nd May 2005 at 8:31 PM
I just sent my donation in too. I love this site and want to see it keep going like the energizer bunny. Keep donating!!:thumb:

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."
Faster kill pussycat
#44 Old 22nd May 2005 at 9:07 PM Last edited by nova-storm : 22nd May 2005 at 9:57 PM.
OK we are almost there!!!!!!! Come on every one get out you penny jar! if every one gave $10 or $5 or EVEN $1 that would be enuff to keep things going for along time!!! Pay Pal Is easy and free! Or maybe Tkd and delphy could post a PO box address that you could send a monEy order to. COME on alllllllllmost there!!!
!
Nova
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd May 2005 at 9:17 PM
RHStudios,

phpBB and nuke would not be a better software solution for us, and we've already ordered the new hardware. Plus, the current site runs on 2 x dual 3.06ghz Xeon servers and they are constantly maxed at 90% cpu all the time... so hardware wise, the machines are pretty powerful, but given the type of site we run the servers are struggling.

Thanks though.
Test Subject
#46 Old 22nd May 2005 at 9:48 PM
I had no problems. Gave $30

And I see were almost there, less than $100 to go
Faster kill pussycat
#47 Old 22nd May 2005 at 10:47 PM
Yeah!!!! We Did It!!!!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#48 Old 22nd May 2005 at 11:54 PM
Yay! I just want to say a big thanks to everybody that donated!

*hugs to you all

I've reset the donation amount and taken off the target, but I'll put it back next month for proper monthly costs
#49 Old 23rd May 2005 at 12:23 AM
We use the same server solutions as you, which in my opinion a darn good machines, but I can't understand why you would be running such a heavy server load, unless it has to do with the software requesting too much information from the user database during a member's session. And/or possibly that a member's session "time out" might be configured to be on too long after a member's left.

Either way a 90% server load is not good (which you know this already), another idea would be to section off certain portions of the website that get the heaviest amount of traffic to different servers, which it sounds like you have been doing.

Either way, if there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know.

Jack

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
RHStudios,

phpBB and nuke would not be a better software solution for us, and we've already ordered the new hardware. Plus, the current site runs on 2 x dual 3.06ghz Xeon servers and they are constantly maxed at 90% cpu all the time... so hardware wise, the machines are pretty powerful, but given the type of site we run the servers are struggling.

Thanks though.
Instructor
#50 Old 23rd May 2005 at 1:49 AM
now that you've reached the target amount, have you figured out when the site will be down to do the upgrading?
Page 2 of 4